Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mp3 Tag editor to edit Artist and Title from file name?

Options
  • 09-09-2019 2:29pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a bunch of mp3's which are mostly named correctly in the filename, but they are missing the Artist and title in the tags.

They are house and techno so not from albums as such - not intersted in that at all. I just need a software that can Automatically take the Artist and track title from the filename, and add them into the id3 tags.

I've tried Mp3Tag - it allowes me to do it manually of course but not automatically. Mostly the lookup services don't work as these are not top40 albums its mostly underground electronic music etc.

Does anyone know a softare that can do this please?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

TagScanner is something I've used before. Not quite how you intend to. Just throwing it out as an option to look over. It was generally very highly recommended a few years back on the HTPC scene.

Otherwise, Music BrainZ Picard is meant to allow for some automaition as far as I know.But I think that could be focused on Scraping data. Never really looked into checking out what it'll do, when I had issues with it's main feature "Acoustic Signature" not working out too well at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,634 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Mp3tag can do this. Select Convert from the menu, then "Filename - Tag". You just specify the format that the filename is in

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Wow, flashbacks to Mp3tag usage - its been a while. I still have a configuration saved in my Drive that stripped all the redundant information away and changed all the case to Sentence except for the track title, so useful - Spotify has won be over now.

For getting the correct artist file, you need to use Filename - Tag and follow the pattern of said filename (hopefully it's the same for all). For instance:

A filename of Artist-Album-SongTitle.2015.Dance.mp3
    Your Filename - Tag code would be %artist%-%album%-%title%.%year%.%genre%

13R01aR.png

NhXMWAm.png

Advertisement