Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deer stalking trousers

• 09-09-2019 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

Time to add another decent pair to the collection, I have Deerhunter recon and I like them.
    What I like about the recon:

Theyre a slimmer fit than usual, not baggy, and dont get caught in brush/briars like others.
    They're light enough to wear in September, but still not cold in January.
    They're pretty decent in wet weather.
    Only cost me €60 2 years ago

Any any other recommendations? worst case I'll get another pair of recons if I find them.

Budget is about €80-100max

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

490242.jpg

I have a pair of Deer hunter Avanti trousers I got last season. I use them for the Wicklow mountains. I wanted something light but water proof and these certainly meet the requirements.
    Light enough not to burden you on the climb up but warm enough to keep you comfortable when laying up or stalking flat ground.
    I've been out in driving rain, strong winds and deep snow and have no issues. I paid £30.00 for them last Sept off EBay.

P.S thats the Avanti Smock in the picture.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

What did ya go for?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Cass wrote: »
    What did ya go for?

Nothing yet, didn't get a chance to check out shops. hard to buy online, sizes can be all over the place.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

They can and you need to be careful.

I'm fairly fat but able to use 34, perhaps 36, waist and 30 leg. My Deerhunter RAM trousers are size 54 which is for 38+ waist and 33 leg, i believe, but they are kinda loose in the waist and almost perfect length in the leg. My jacket is an XL even though i take XXL to 3XL in nearly every top i have.

Had i ordered the size the is correct to what i normally wear i'd have trousers that are way too baggy on me, too big a waist, and legs that would be too short.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement