Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Another) Upgrading Health Insurance Wiating Period Question

• 09-09-2019 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I've searched and found some relevant posts but I'm just double checking.

I have a suspected medical condition and need a medical assessment to determine whether I have or do not have the condition. I do not currently have a diagnosis of the condition, just some symptoms that might suggest I have the condition - it's probably irrelevant but my GP is sure I don't have it but the assessment is to rule it out to be sure.

My current insurance only covers the assessment in hospitals that unfortunately have very long waitlists. If I upgrade to an insurance plan that covers a hospital with a shorter waitlist am I right in saying that this would be viewed as an assessment for a pre-existing condition even though I don't actually know that I have the condition? And therefore I would have to wait up to 5 years to actually get the assessment in one of these shorter waitlist hospitals?

I was just going to call my insurer to ask but wanted to be informed prior to making the call.

Advertisement