Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ramen in Cork scraps 6before6

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

There's plenty of opportunities to go to KC's without the ridiculous queues.
    kingtut wrote: »
    Never been a fan of it. I used to live near there and tried it 2/3 times after a night out and it was always greasy as fcuk.

Complaining about fried food being greasy? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

The queue always flies though. I've joined it when it was out the door and down the street and been back out with my food 25 minutes later, which is still longer than I'd generally queue though.

I'm not that into it because the veggie options are pretty sparse but the staff are so on the ball, it's really impressive. If one thing goes wrong or out of order when the queue is like that it could get so chaotic so quickly.

Still not interested in queuing for 25 mins. The rare time i go it's usually close to closing and so the place usually only has a queue inside :)

You are right regarding the staff - they are amazing. Some amount of food they cook/prepare!

As above I genenerally go close to closing in order to avoid the queues :)

Yes.... fried food doesn't have to be greasy. I'm guessing you haven't been lucky enough to find such a place lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,128 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If you think Lennox's is the best then you haven't tried the new wave of chippers like O Reillys and The Fish Wife or the taste of nostalgia is lodged in your throat.

Lennox's is muck, only thing that's fresh is the chips. Burger is as flat as a pancake wrapped in foil and sitting in a box, fish is "fresh frozen". Its 2019 standards should be higher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

rob316 wrote: »
    If you think Lennox's is the best then you haven't tried the new wave of chippers like O Reillys and The Fish Wife or the taste of nostalgia is lodged in your throat.

Lennox's is muck, only thing that's fresh is the chips. Burger is as flat as a pancake wrapped in foil and sitting in a box, fish is "fresh frozen". Its 2019 standards should be higher.

Reillys chips are sub lennox
    Burgers excel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You are just displaying your ignorance of frying and cooking, generally.

Also, as there is a current Cork chipper thread active, why are we discussing Cork chippers here? (guilty)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I'll admit I never go to Lennox's because the Golden Fry and KC's are more convenient for me, but I wouldn't describe their food as "not greasy".

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

rob316 wrote: »

Funny you put O'Reillys and the Fish Wife together. I recently had O'Reillys for the first time and thought it was just as bad as the Fish Wife (very similar). Both places utter muck, can't understand the popularity. You could smell the nasty cheap oil they use as I crossed the road approaching the place. You could bounce the chips off the wall. Never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,128 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You are just displaying your ignorance of frying and cooking, generally.

Also, as there is a current Cork chipper thread active, why are we discussing Cork chippers here? (guilty)

Because we take them very seriously, Lennox's is an institution. Who doesn't remember there dad bringing home a take away from there and it honestly tasted like the greatest food ever made.

mccard wrote: »
    Funny you put O'Reillys and the Fish Wife together. I recently had O'Reillys for the first time and thought it was just as bad as the Fish Wife (very similar). Both places utter muck, can't understand the popularity. You could smell the nasty cheap oil they use as I crossed the road approaching the place. You could bounce the chips off the wall. Never again.

O’Reillys do an unreal taco fries. Taco cooked fresh for each one, savage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

BUNK1982 wrote: »
    I can't believe <popular local eaterie> is so popular, it tastes nothing like real <ethnic food group> and is so bland.

I've been to <country of origin> and it's impossible to get real <ethnic food group> in Cork.

Many haven’t even been to <country of origin>. Too infatuated with what others choose to dine on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement