Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Biscuit Tournament (Mod Note Post #1 and #984)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

appledrop wrote: »
    Wft these are not biscuits?

What's next a kit Kat?

The power has gone to your head Omackeral.

You can shut your fcuking face right now is what you can do. Appledrop, wouldn't even be top 10 in a hard boiled sweet contest. The hack of ye.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

A couple of lads/lassies drunk with (self-appointed) power.

Useless shower of **** pheasants the lot of them.

**** this pheasant you flutebag

tenor.gif?itemid=5394065

• Registered Users Posts: 17,018 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Penguins, a well dressed, noble bar like the bird and more cheese in the jokes than dweebs microcock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Rocky bars, better chocolate. Penguins taste like oily crap chocolate

PS, these are ridiculous in a biscuit contest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

A few retrospective notes on the competion:

So, I had my first packet of Manhattan's last week (anyone living in Cork that wants to know where to find a packet PM me). Packaging is very classy, but on opening, and after my first bite, I wasn't quite sure, which is unusual for me. Actually quite a distinctive tasting crisp, which is worth noting. Usually I prefer softer, oiler crisps (as opposed to the posh crisps that are around these days Bistro, Keogh's, Tipperary, which have a more robust form factor), and these lay ever so slightly beyond that wafer thin goodness I so enjoy in Taytos, but, I found myself in a comfortable middle ground that I was suprised to enjoy. Strong taste, and my third and forth crisps were a joy. Highly recommend, and can understand the fuss.

Also had my first packet of Johnny Onion Rings last week. These, for me, were a bit of a let down after reading the rave reviews in the competion thread. I prefer Perry. Would have given the second half of the packet to a dog or pigeon if I hadn't been traipsing along beside a link road thinking about how quickly the evenings are coming in.

Had several packets of Meanies during the week, but had somehow missed their transferral over to the Tayto company? I'm a major KP fan and was a bit disappointed about this. Also wondering if the bumper packs for sharing taste better than the little "Mega Meannies" packs. Maybe someone can elucidate.

Finally, I just had my first packet of McCoy's Flame Grilled Steak a few minutes ago. I was pretty harsh on McCoys during the competiton, I never liked the branding (I seem to remember a school bus full of acne-ridden, uniformed school girls all eating McCoys at the Rock of Cashel twenty years ago, and I think that put me off), but for someone that never really eats bacon or beef flavoured crisps, I found them... tasy enough. What I will say is that immediately on finishing the McCoys, I had a couple of regular Cheese and Onion Taytos and they still wiped the floor with the McCoys, but I won't be so quick to judge in the future.

Glad to hear a man with your refined palate and initiate sense of good taste enjoyed Manhattan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Yeah, but you were up just so consistently...senile...it had to be said.

btw i hear there is a beers soon??

Omackeral wrote: »
    Better and less wankpheasanty reason please.
    honeybear wrote: »
    They have jokes on the packets?

Excellent.

gwalk wrote: »
    Sidenote but that's basically the only thing a twix is good for

Sucking tea

Will try!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Next up:

Terrys Chocolate Orange
    V
    Black Forest Gateau

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

appledrop wrote: »
    Wft these are not biscuits?

What's next a kit Kat?

The power has gone to your head Omackeral.

Excellent point, well said.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement

Penguins win 8-2 as I begin to fear a mutiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Penguins here too.

Antarctica?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

A few retrospective notes on the competion:

So, I had my first packet of Manhattan's last week (anyone living in Cork that wants to know where to find a packet PM me). Packaging is very classy, but on opening, and after my first bite, I wasn't quite sure, which is unusual for me. Actually quite a distinctive tasting crisp, which is worth noting. Usually I prefer softer, oiler crisps (as opposed to the posh crisps that are around these days Bistro, Keogh's, Tipperary, which have a more robust form factor), and these lay ever so slightly beyond that wafer thin goodness I so enjoy in Taytos, but, I found myself in a comfortable middle ground that I was suprised to enjoy. Strong taste, and my third and forth crisps were a joy. Highly recommend, and can understand the fuss.

Also had my first packet of Johnny Onion Rings last week. These, for me, were a bit of a let down after reading the rave reviews in the competion thread. I prefer Perry. Would have given the second half of the packet to a dog or pigeon if I hadn't been traipsing along beside a link road thinking about how quickly the evenings are coming in.

Had several packets of Meanies during the week, but had somehow missed their transferral over to the Tayto company? I'm a major KP fan and was a bit disappointed about this. Also wondering if the bumper packs for sharing taste better than the little "Mega Meannies" packs. Maybe someone can elucidate.

Finally, I just had my first packet of McCoy's Flame Grilled Steak a few minutes ago. I was pretty harsh on McCoys during the competiton, I never liked the branding (I seem to remember a school bus full of acne-ridden, uniformed school girls all eating McCoys at the Rock of Cashel twenty years ago, and I think that put me off), but for someone that never really eats bacon or beef flavoured crisps, I found them... tasy enough. What I will say is that immediately on finishing the McCoys, I had a couple of regular Cheese and Onion Taytos and they still wiped the floor with the McCoys, but I won't be so quick to judge in the future.

Get the fcuk out of here with your crisp philosophising. That ended weeks ago, did you literally just sit there pontificating about crisps since then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Omackeral wrote: »
    Excellent.

OMack, I’m in shock ... no more Mr. Nasty?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭appledrop

Next up:

Terrys Chocolate Orange
    V
    Black Forest Gateau

Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Next up:

Terrys Chocolate Orange
    V
    Black Forest Gateau

Listen, son, If Oakmackeral says those are biscuits; then they are biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Right,what the fcuks goin on here ??

Late to the party, brief synopsis please nurse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Theres some absolute shît on offer tonight.
    I'd sooner have no biscuit than some of the tasteless, textureless crap some of you nutsack faced philistines call biscuits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Next up:

Fry’s chocolate cream

vs

The Eiffel Tower.

Party Rings

5a4bd4634fe25f504c73ceaf6780884f.jpg

VS

Chocolate Kimberley

SCY396.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Uncharted wrote: »

Choco Leibniz has been knocked out.

boards is getting ready to celebrate its first murder.

chocolate bars, crisps, abuse
    and bed time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Lil Sally Anne Jnr.

Necro wrote: »
    Get the fcuk out of here with your crisp philosophising. That ended weeks ago, did you literally just sit there pontificating about crisps since then?

Let me guess. A Salt and Vinegar Hula Hoop eater?

Prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Choco Leibniz has been knocked out.

boards is getting ready to celebrate its first murder.

Cool. Business as usual I see.

Missed nothing so.

Penguins. I wasn't allowed them and envied the kids with them in their lunchboxes in primary school, and they've never lost that elusive air of forbidden fruit. In fact, thinking about eating them is probably better than actually eating them.

Mikado are disgusting and have no place in a civilized society.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,018 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's a biscuit tournament, dweebs has a microcock and the **** pheasants are revolting against the inclusion of cakes and bars.

kimberley of course. there's chocolate, there's biscuit, there's marshmallow. it's a whole meal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Penguins, a well dressed, noble bar like the bird and more cheese in the jokes jocks than dweebs microcock.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Party rings me hole. No literally, I had a wild dose of the runs earlier.

The chocolate yokes take it here. Both awful, awful shyte though

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Jaysus. This one's tough.

Both lovely, but I haven't seen Party Rings in ages, while I had a chocolate Kimberley last week. So my instinct was that right now, I'd have a party ring

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement