Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Biscuit Tournament (Mod Note Post #1 and #984)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Boasters, my favourite biscuit and offer so much more than the dull digestive.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

Boasters, so much tastier than a plain digestive

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Boasters are fancy without being up their own arse, despite the name. Digestives are grand and all but nothing more.

Boasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Digestives. Because you can add butter. And put them in cheesecake. And perfect with tea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Boasters,

digestives are poverty biscuits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Boasters. As a non-drinker of tea or coffee, I don't dunk, so Digestives are of no use to me. Boasters have that little bit of chocolate-y magic.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

bluewolf wrote: »
    Digestives. Because you can add butter. And put them in cheesecake. And perfect with tea

Crap! Forgot about the cheese cake bit... Hmmm.. No I'll stick with my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Boasters because fucking digestives beat jammie dodgers in the first round

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Digestives, obviously.

Boasters don't even exist anymore.

Boasters win 9-3 and go to Round 3. Not bad for a Last Chance entrant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Digestives along with Rich Tea are always found at the back of the press when you are desperate for a biscuit. There is always a sigh of disappointment when you find it's just them left.

Who's ready for Match 10? Coming up next in 2 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Boasters. As a non-drinker of tea or coffee, I don't dunk, so Digestives are of no use to me. Boasters have that little bit of chocolate-y magic.

What the f**k is wrong with you? Not drinking tea?
    It’s just weird

R2.10
    Fox's Crinkle Crunch

crinkle_crunch_t2.png

VS

Toffypops

386752011_0_640x640.jpg

There's no way that you have a biscuit tin in front of you with boasters and digestives in it. And you pick a digestive. No way!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This one is tough, Crinkle Crunch are great, but only the flavoured ones, not these bland ones.

Toffee Pops are a titan. Toffy Pops get my vote.

Even the knock off toffee pops are unreal.

Vote. Toffee pops

Reason. They dunk surprisingly well and if you do it just right, you just melt the chocolate enough before the caramel gets too stringy :D

Toffee pops. I gnaw the toffee out of the centre and then dump the rest of the biscuit cause it's crap but not as crap as foxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Oh yeay!!

Crinkle crunch because crunchy ginger goodness (and most of the ginger biccies have already been eliminated, you Neanderthals!)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Green&Red wrote: »
    What the f**k is wrong with you? Not drinking tea?
    It’s just weird

I'm also a non tea/coffee drinker. There are literally dozens of us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Toffee Pops, not enough of them in the packet but they are still better than the crunch ones.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Never heard of Crinkle cuts before.

Toffee Pops are the tits. Delicious caramel and choclate with biscuit. Perfect for a dunk in tea to loosen up the caramel.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Toffypops. I get immense pleasure out of nibbling around the toffee bit and then eating the remainder in one delicious bite.

I actually have forgotten since I started typing this post what it's even up against.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Toffypops. You can scrape the caramel bit off with your teeth
    Or nibble the edge off and eat thw caramel bit after

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Lil Sally Anne Jnr.

A beautiful young Thracian man with good muscle definition has thrown a giant Toffee Pop fifty meters to gay applause beneath a blazing Grecian sun, circa 300BC. This man became my sexual partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Crunch Crinkle.

Not because i like them, rather because Toffypops are fcuking disgusting.

Oh yeay!!

Crinkle crunch because crunchy ginger goodness (and most of the ginger biccies have already been eliminated, you Neanderthals!)

These are buttery bois though. They're gorgeous.

But Toffypops are god-tier so they get my vote. Stringy caramelly bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Toffypops

crinkle crunch just look like a black sheep in the ginger nut family

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

ToffyPops, chewy toffee goodness, light chocolate coating and just enough biscuity goodness to satisfy my cravings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,392 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'm also a non tea/coffee drinker. There are literally dozens of us!

There’s 5 million people in the country, it’s comforting to know this has only spread to dozens

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement