Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Biscuit Tournament (Mod Note Post #1 and #984)

Options

Comments

Golden crunch cream gets my vote. Nice buttery vibe off them. Plus jaffa cakes are a cake.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Lil Sally Anne Jnr.

Jaffa Cakes because there is something insidious about the Fox trading name.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

irish_goat wrote: »
    Golden Crunch, delicious and also, actually a biscuit.

Jaffa cakes are for protestants.

Hah! It must be a right pain having to empty all that coal out of the bath every Saturday night! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Golden Crunch Creams Win. Top biscuit, flavour is enhanced when dunked in tea.

I love a Jaffa Cake as well, but they taste a little cheap beside the Crunches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

Jaffa Cake. Especially the cheap Lidl/Aldi ones. Nom.

Fox's biscuits are generally crap.
    Jaffa cakes are legally not a biscuit.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 nomad92

Jaffa Cakes are scrumptious and exotic and I wonder if a pale naked lady will crawl through my window on a moonlit night, just like in the jungle book, it is so exotic.

mikhail wrote: »

No-one cares what some blasted accountant thinks is a biscuit and not a biscuit!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Despite me giving out about KitKats not being biscuits, I'm actually a little sad that everyone voting against Jaffa Cakes is doing so because they're cakes.

I mean, it's factually correct, but the main reason to vote against them should be because they're fúcking manky. Who puts a surprise bit of bitter orange glue in between biscuit and chocolate? Under food safety rules, it should count as contamination. There should be a global recall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 63 ✭✭Cronin The Destroyer

Jaffa Cakes are divine. They remind me of mum.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Jaffa cakes. They are lovely and the only entry here that isnt a biscuit that is a biscuit.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    Jaffa cakes. They are lovely and the only entry here that isnt a biscuit that is a biscuit.

Finally - another exponent of the Dhao of Jaffa! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Jaffa cakes because they're the only tasty biscuits cakes left on the list

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 109 ✭✭IIGeminiII

Jaffa Cakes. Orange and dark chocolate. What's not to love with a pot of Earl Grey.

mikhail wrote: »

Welcome to two days ago ya slow fcuk.

Just stfu and vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

When I was a young lad I worked in the local Centra one summer. I spent a few months packing shelves and often worked split shifts which ended at half ten. I'd get home close to eleven and find it hard to get off to sleep. After one shift I brought a packet of Fox's Crunch Creams home with me. Figured I'd have a few before bed. There was a late night music show on Sky at the time. It would run from around midnight to seven in the morning. No DJ, just pop up text and vids. They said they were going to debut the new Radiohead video for Paranoid Android. So I decided I'd stay up to watch that. I had a few more biscuits, read a few more pop up. Biscuits, pop ups, pop ups, biscuits, the night went on like this, like a see saw, like a delicate dance between eating and reading with an underlying them of waiting. And waiting. One o' clock went by. Two o' clock. Three. Four. I was in blood stepp'd in so far that to return was as bloody as go o'er. And by blood I mean crunch cream. Five o' clock passed. Six. The packet dwindled to nothing but litter. Ten to seven came. The video played.

Voting Jaffa Cakes because Radiohead haven't doing anything decent since The Bends.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Chocolate Kimberly or GTFO.

They were beaten by ****ing Kit Kats :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Idiot.

Also F'N Jaffa Cakes win 10-7

Omackeral wrote: »
    Idiot.

zangief-gif-3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Jaffa Cakes! Even though they're cakes, they are also the best biscuit out there! Ideally I'd get a time-machine and stock up on the Homestead version, but in general, it's hard to find a bad Jaffa Cake, whatever the brand.

• Advertisement

Speaking of Centra, has anyone had the pleasure of eating one of their delightfully tongue in cheek "Biscuit Cakes". A quality product. A really delicious hybrid.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Idiot.

Karma for the kitkat debacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Jaffa cakes should be good, but all manufacturers use that crap chocolate that's more like a brown wax than chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 19,557 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Radiohead haven't doing anything decent since The Bends.

I would agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

A cake won the last match. Can a bar follow suit?

R3.2
    Snack Shortcake

a83ef0f35627c085efb21d0510deb1ad.jpg

VS

2 (Two) Finger Kit Kat

41DSHJUhq9L.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Yellow Snack

the tinfoil on kit kats just enables junkies

Snack Shortcacke! Delicious little things, and the Aldi equivalent is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Kit kat
    New yellow snack is shïte beyond words.

Yellow Snack. The second best of the Snack line and the only one that is a biscuit.

• Advertisement

Snack. ****ing snack! they are the bestest thing ever. They are a lovely biscuit

Cutting yourself in half a biscuit does not make(sounds like some edgy social commentary)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement