Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel

Options
  • 09-09-2019 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of a nightmare with parcel motel. I damaged my phone a while back and had it covered by insurance.

My insurance company asked me to send it to be fixed by a company in Norwich. I put it in a bubble wrap envelope and posted it off with parcel motel (€14).

I got no tracking information so two weeks later I got in contact with Parcel Motel. They told me that the parcel had made it to the destination but had then been flagged as missing.

After a back and fourth over a further two weeks it turns out the phone was not missing but damaged.

I was told that "due to insufficient packaging the phone had been damaged and we would not be liable".

I informed them that the phone was origionally damaged and covered by insurance and that I would like it returned no matter how damaged it it.

Parcel motel have now stopped returning my emails wont answer my phone calls. It's been a further 3 weeks since they told me my phone was damaged. If they were able to assess this damage surely they have my property and I'm entitled to it back?

Their trust pilot reviews are so so bad. How are they allowed do this to people. Is there anything I can do to get my phone back?

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

That is a very bad experience. Understandably you won't to get your property returned in the same way you sent it. They should not be refusing to return it. Would that be classed as theft?

When you say that they won't answer your calls, are they just ignoring the number when you ring? You could try calling from a different number or setting your number to private for the purpose of that call. If they have a social media presence, you should contact them through that publicly.

Make a formal complaint to them and keep all documentation. If that doesn’t work, the lodgement of a small claims procedure would be probably your next move.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Can I return a package to England without having to collect my package at a locker as in do it online

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

catrat12 wrote: »
    Can I return a package to England without having to collect my package at a locker as in do it online

Do you mean drop the package off at a locker?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Do you mean drop the package off at a locker?

No I have a parcel coming to a parcel motel I am not at home or cannot collect or get anyone to collect
    I need to return this parcel back to where it came from, can I do this using parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Are they still doing drop offs to lockers? I have no issue with delays, just wondering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

catrat12 wrote: »
    No I have a parcel coming to a parcel motel I am not at home or cannot collect or get anyone to collect
    I need to return this parcel back to where it came from, can I do this using parcel motel

They automatically empty the lockers after 3 days so it will eventually go back to the sender if you don't collect it. But better to ring/email them so they can be sure to return to sender asap.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Are they still doing drop offs to lockers? I have no issue with delays, just wondering?

Best to contact their support for up todate delivery information - https://parcelmotel.com/

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

According to their Twitter account it's business as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Yes they are, I collected a parcel from one yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

i phone them yesterday before placing an order, and yes it business as usual.

• Advertisement
Advertisement