Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cut and dried case of female on male domestic violence

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

He probably called her fat.

This man is in serious danger of being murdered or seriously injured. Yet he's back with her and the judge is delighted. Surely she should be kept away from him?

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/woman-who-rammed-boyfriends-car-forcing-him-to-jump-on-to-the-bonnet-is-banned-from-driving-for-two-years-38481732.html

Where does it say in the article that the judge was delighted?

Your mans ****ing stone mad to get back with her but no different from anyone who stays with an abusive partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Unfortunately once a woman has kids it's literally a "get out of jail free" card.

Doesn't help that this probably falls under a "domestic" dispute and the poor fecker is probably the father of the child. Although I reckon him spending the €500 compensation on a DNA test would be money well spent.

Unfortunately once a woman has kids it's literally a "get out of jail free" card.

Doesn't help that this probably falls under a "domestic" dispute and the poor fecker is probably the father of the child. Although I reckon him spending the €500 compensation on a DNA test would be money well spent.

Don't know if there were any other charges going by the article, but from it, she was convicted of dangerous driving, plenty of people avoid prison time for that and just get disqualified from driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

The guy probably refused to press charges, so the only thing the guards could charge her with without his testimony was the driving charge.

Really, he'd probably have a good case to take custody of the child (assuming it's his) but since she's 21 I imagine he is not much older and has to keep on good terms to see his kid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The guy probably refused to press charges, so the only thing the guards could charge her with without his testimony was the driving charge.

Really, he'd probably have a good case to take custody of the child (assuming it's his) but since she's 21 I imagine he is not much older and has to keep on good terms to see his kid.

Plus have you thought about how wild the night life must be with that poltergeist?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

This story has actually gained a bit of international traction online, was posted on Reddit earlier as well. The truth is that IMO, while I absolutely do agree that women tend to get extremely lenient treatment for the same crimes compared with men, I don't think you can look at an Irish court and make any such conclusions, since Irish courts throw suspended sentences around like confetti at a Christening. I don't think there's any gender issue about this story, just yet another story to add to the fairly gender neutral pile of "judges in Ireland routinely let dangerous and serious criminals off with less than a slap on the wrist".

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

My type of gal....

What has happened to after hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭worded

I wonder if roles were reversed how his sentence would be for what sounds like attempted maiming.
    Crushed by a car intentionally, good god.

Something tells me they will make headlines again with her once more the aggressor

What a piece of work

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

worded wrote: »
    I wonder if roles were reversed how his sentence would be for what sounds like attempted maiming.

Again, this is Ireland. Brian Rattigan is apparently up for release as early as next year. I don't think this is a gender bias situation as much as a "people in Ireland routinely serve either less time than they deserve, or no time at all" situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

This level of crazy isn't a once off, she'll do something again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Women just aren't as dangerous as men so they'll never have the same rules applied to them, it wouldn't make sense. It's like car insurance!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

worded wrote: »
    Crushed by a car intentionally, good god.

Something tells me they will make headlines again with her once more the aggressor

What a piece of work

yeah because Ireland has a sterling record in dealing with assault, battery, rape etc

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If she's like that on the streets, imagine what she's like between the sheets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

Driving offences get very light punishment in this country so it's not a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    If she's like that on the streets, imagine what she's like between the sheets.

probably why he's back with her

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

Women just aren't as dangerous as men so they'll never have the same rules applied to them, it wouldn't make sense. It's like car insurance!

She rammed him with a car and pulled a pair of scissors.

Try doing retail security for a while and you'll see some of them are.

Anne Fellonis for example was a **** and wouldn't think twice about stabbing someone.

Advertisement