Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling furniture locally & carboot sales

• 10-09-2019 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm clearing out a house at the moment and there is some lovely old wooden furniture I'd like to move on.

I previously bought secondhand furniture from a guy beside The Panelling Centre on the Old Ballysimon Rd. I was going to offer the pieces to him, as he had told me they do up pieces and sell them on. However passing the other day, it looks like the business has been closed down.

Wondering if anyone has suggestions for places/businesses that buy old furniture to sell on?

I'm also thinking of selling some smaller bits and pieces at a carboot sale over the winter. Would anyone have recommendations on the carboots with the most traffic?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Try William Meehan, Roo West Ardnacrusha - next door to Rustwood Antiques.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

chicorytip wrote: »

Great, thanks for the (chicory) tip!

Just googled William, doesn't seem to have an online presence. Would you have any contact details for him by any chance? Or is he part of Rustwood?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is a car boot sale every Sunday morning out across from P J Mathews in Ballysimon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

eljono wrote: »
    chicorytip wrote: »

Great, thanks for the (chicory) tip!

Just googled William, doesn't seem to have an online presence. Would you have any contact details for him by any chance? Or is he part of Rustwood?
    PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

bazz26 wrote: »
    There is a car boot sale every Sunday morning out across from P J Mathews in Ballysimon.

Thanks Bazz. I've actually sold a few bits at this one before. I know there used to be one out the Ennis Rd, not sure if it still operates though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

eljono wrote: »
    Thanks Bazz. I've actually sold a few bits at this one before. I know there used to be one out the Ennis Rd, not sure if it still operates though.

I might be wrong but I think Arramount have moved into that unit

Advertisement