Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grafton Motors Limerick

• 10-09-2019 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭

Anyone on here do business with them I am looking to avail of there remapping service so I want to know should I avoid them thanks They are behind soundstore Delta retail Park.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭HailSatan

No but looking into a remap myself. You looking for diesel emissions delete or a performance map?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭homingbird

Its A old diesel beemer that i have done a few mods too so looking to get the ecu remapped to get the full benefit of the work done. Does anyone know how long they have been in business i only come across them on a web search.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

My Son used IBP Remapping (that name will come up on Facebook) earlier this year for his BMW 530d F10. He's fairly fussy, and will always do his homework before giving somebody money to work on his Cars.

Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭HailSatan

Do they have a rolling road. They are claiming big power gains on rep mobiles.

• Advertisement

Very few places with a rolling road, so I doubt it. I can only speak from experience. The Son had an E61 535d that was mapped in Scotland by Ecotune. Went from 268bhp to 350bhp (on their dyno)

He reckons his current F10 530d is obviously a little slower (300bhp claimed remap) but still not far off the 535. Probably very, very fast, rather than crazy fast. He certainly doesn't doubt the claimed 300bhp result from the remap.
    I can't speak for what they are claiming for 2lt stuff, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,274 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There are a number of tuners around the country with a rolling road/dyno but not in Limerick. Fermoy down in Cork would be the closest I think. If it were me I'd be having my car dyno'd before and after to make sure it has no issues before applying the map and then afterwards to compare the results but I'm bit of a stickler with my car so everyone wouldn't be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

AP Performance in Galway is one of the best mappers in the country, he has a full dyno dynamics rolling road too. It's worth the trip up to him. He is based just off the motorway at Carnmore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Dont forget to tell your insurance company or your policy will be invalid

My problem is my car is a 95 e34 2.5tds & a lot of the tuners are only able to do new cars that have the rectangle diagnostics socket ( OBD ) my car has the old system round socket (ADS ) so are not able to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Theres a poster on the motors forum colm_mcm. He is a font of knowledge, if he doesn't have the answer to who can do it then the question isn't answerable :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Miike wrote: »
    Theres a poster on the motors forum com_mcm. He is a font of knowledge, if he doesn't have the answer to who can do it then the question isn't answerable :)

Bad news. I haven’t a clue.

(Thanks for the plug!)

Try Joe Power ('TDR performance' on FB). Give him a call, he hopefully should be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Bad news. I haven’t a clue.

(Thanks for the plug!)

That's a harrowing thought :eek:

Advertisement