Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Bike Storage Advice

Options
  • 10-09-2019 3:36pm

I'm slowly losing the argument that my trusted stead needs to stay in the kitchen, so it is looking like I will have to keep it outside, all alone in the wind and rain.

My shed isn't big enough and I have nowhere to put a bike store, so it is going to have to go down the side of the house, probably hanging on a wall. I'm guessing I'm not alone in this and there is a logical solution to keeping a bike outside, hanging from a wall, locked to a fixed point and with a suitable cover, I just can't seem to find it.

Plenty of hangers and plenty of covers, but none that seem to go together.

Anyone got any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,957 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

cover over the side passage?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,394 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I built a lean to shed down the side of the house with locked gates at either end

All the bikes are wall mounted and chained to a central point fixed to the wall...

The bikes can still be stolen if someone is determined enough but it would

A) Take a lot of time
    B) Make a whole lot of noise
    C) Set off security lights

So I'd say there are easier ways of stealing some bikes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,957 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

lawred2 wrote: »
    I built a lean to shed down the side of the house with locked gates at either end

All the bikes are wall mounted and chained to a central point fixed to the wall...

A) Take a lot of time

do you have a photo of this? thinking of something similar.

lawred2 wrote: »

A) Take a lot of time

I’m considering that. It would make room for my plus one when it comes along as well. I’d need the agreement of my neighbors though.

Pictures would be great if you can share them.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭ridelikeaturtle

How do you keep these bikes from rusting away? A good dose of ACF50?

• Advertisement
Advertisement