Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Build Mortgage Top up now Pregnant

• 10-09-2019 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Complicated one! Topping up our mortgage to do a sizeable extension (we have to move out for 6 months). Our current mortgage is very small and the top up is still not much in terms of mortgages. We have approval and just got the letter of loan offer, but I'm pregnant. As the mortgage will be drawn down in stages I will have the baby after 2-3 draw downs. I never realised it would be an issue until today! The build is starting in 3 weeks and now I'm panicking that they will withhold funds . I will return to work full time and will be on full pay for my maternity leave. If they ask for a pay slip before the 1st drawdown there wont be a problem but if they ask for one after the 3rd when I'm on maternity leave it will be stated on my payslip. Do they usually ask for payslips before each drawdown?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Ummm am not sure where you are getting some of your information from?

Maybe youre filling in gaps in your knowledge?

I applied for a mortgage last year. Building. I have had several draw downs, and not once asked for a pay slip.

Once I got and accepted the offer letter signed, that was it. It was my responsibility to pay the mortgage and sin e.

Am not sure what being pregnant has to do with it?

Edit: Lols. I see now, you kindof made up the pay slip thing in your head, and then asked the question :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Omck

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Ummm am not sure where you are getting some of your information from?

Maybe youre filling in gaps in your knowledge?

I applied for a mortgage last year. Building. I have had several draw downs, and not once asked for a pay slip.

Once I got and accepted the offer letter signed, that was it. It was my responsibility to pay the mortgage and sin e.

Am not sure what being pregnant has to do with it?

Edit: Lols. I see now, you kindof made up the pay slip thing in your head, and then asked the question :-D

I saw that a few people had said previously that they lost jobs between approval and before draw down and were concerned about being asked for another payslips so that's where I got it but maybe that was old information!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

OP you have nothing to worry about - Once the first drawdown is made your mortgage is issued and all future stage payments are paid on submission of interim stage payment certificate from your supervising Architect/Engineer and a Cheque Request from your Solicitor. Also there is no problem going on maternity leave usually a lender asks for a letter confirming your return date to work.

I've never seen a lender to ask for payslips once the first stage payment is issued or indeed after Loan Offer is issued. If first stage payment is not drawdown within 6 months then your loan offer expires and a new application has to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Annie20

Hi,
    Just wondering if this is still the case that they don't ask for payslips for final drawdown, is it just the certs of completion compliance and final valuation required? Has anyone found different now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Omck

Annie20 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering if this is still the case that they don't ask for payslips for final drawdown, is it just the certs of completion compliance and final valuation required? Has anyone found different now?

Almost at final drawdown and it's just the engineers cert and valuation required!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Annie20

Thank you

Advertisement