Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De-platforming fascists works

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

To what end? Do you consider yourself like Batman going around making the world a better place?

What if you mistakenly hear someone call themselves a fascist but it was out of context or a joke, or what if they say it just to piss you off, how will you know if they are truly a fascist, or does it matter?

Are you making the world a better place, or are you being a 'big-man'?

Didnt read any of that. Though I can already tell its waffle and mental gymnastics.

There is no leeway with fascism. If it holds the status quo it leads to mass killings every single time.

Fascists Are fair game to be murdered and humiliated. if you feel personally attacked by this statement then thats on you. Fascism is an indefensible position and its defeat in real life every single time is proof of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

sk8erboii wrote: »
    Didnt read any of that. Though I can already tell its waffle and mental gymnastics.

There is no leeway with fascism. If it holds the status quo it leads to mass killings every single time.

Fascists Are fair game to be murdered and humiliated. if you feel personally attacked by this statement then thats on you. Fascism is an indefensible position and its defeat in real life every single time is proof of that

So you're Batman. I hope you get the communists too, they were responsible for far more atrocities than then fascists. I'll send the bat signal when I see one ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Haha, so how many "fascists" have you beaten and/or murdered and humiliated then? Any?

Didn't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Haha, so how many "fascists" have you beaten and/or murdered and humiliated then? Any?

Didn't think so.

Hard to beat anyone when your stats are : 17, 5'7" and 8 stone soaking wet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

Didn't think so.

Seems we have a Walter Mitty type on our hands here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Big man, let me buy you a pack of gym. I'll show you how to chew it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

sk8erboii wrote:
    Didnt read any of that.

sk8erboii wrote:
    Didnt read any of that.

sk8erboii wrote:
    Fascists Are fair game to be murdered and humiliated.

You seem reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Fascists Are fair game to be murdered and humiliated. if you feel personally attacked by this statement then thats on you.

Mod: Oh quit it with the internet bravado. Don't post again if you can't add constructively to the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

De-platforming fascists works

Liberals that have monopolized a service can misuse their position and silence those they disagree with.... and it works.

Exactly, my problem here is what is their definition of "fascist" ?
    It's not the proper one, it's anyone who deviates from the acceptable left stance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Exactly, my problem here is what is their definition of "fascist" ?
    It's not the proper one, it's anyone who deviates from the acceptable left stance.

That’s it basically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Tasfasdf wrote: »

I’m picturing this guy as the cretin that roundhouse kicked in the face the anti abortion campaigner girl in the famous video.

There’s literally nothing wrong with deplatforming/humiliating/beating up anyone who claims to be fascist.

If you disagree, you’re just an edgy contrarian.

What is your definition of a fascist sk8rboii?

for example - is Douglas Murray a fascist ?

Lads there is no defensible position in being a fascist. If your ideology is inherently hostile to anyone who isn’t (whatever category you choose to be superior to everyone else) then dont be surprised when you are not tolerated.

And no, the USA , UK and the Allies were not being fascist when they killed as many of them as they could during WW2. Fascism is not something to be tolerated or protected by a legislation.

It is a hostile and murderous ideology, hence why in real life it gets cut down. if you find yourself personally attacked by this statement that is 100% on you

• Registered Users Posts: 17,098 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Lads there is no defensible position in being a fascist. If your ideology is inherently hostile to anyone who isn’t (whatever category you choose to be superior to everyone else) then dont be surprised when you are not tolerated.

And no, the USA , UK and the Allies were not being fascist when they killed as many of them as they could during WW2. Fascism is not something to be tolerated or protected by a legislation.

It is a hostile and murderous ideology, hence why in real life it gets cut down. if you find yourself personally attacked by this statement that is 100% on you

So two wrongs make a right?

Glazers Out!

mike_ie wrote: »
    Mod: Oh quit it with the internet bravado. Don't post again if you can't add constructively to the thread.

Sure no problem.
    Tasfasdf wrote: »

Didn't think so.

SSr0 wrote: »
    Hard to beat anyone when your stats are : 17, 5'7" and 8 stone soaking wet.

Why do you all have a visceral reaction against being told fascists will get cut down?

nullzero wrote: »
    So two wrongs make a right?

Imagine telling a WW2 veteran from the UK or US that killing Nazis was wrong

But the problem here is sk8r - I agree with you if you are actually talking about REAL NAZIS, the issue I have is with WHO you consider a nazi ? - and many on the left it seems nowadays ...

Donald Trump ?

Douglas Murray (as mentioned)

Sam Harris ?
    Jordan Peterson ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

'Tis the feckin' Blueshirts! Mad Duffy will have the working man aytin' the grass off the ditches!!

°°°°°

Imagine telling a WW2 veteran from the UK or US that killing Nazis was wrong

That's not what's being discussed.

You are talking about assaulting and or murdering people who identify as fascists as well as humiliating them.

Fascists are thin on the ground in this country, and for that matter most countries. So therefor you're means of dealing with them is nonsensical, illegal and reinforces the world view these people already have. In essence what you are saying you would do to them in their view validates their beliefs.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That's not what's being discussed.

You are talking about assaulting and or murdering people who identify as fascists as well as humiliating them.

Fascists are thin on the ground in this country, and for that matter most countries. So therefor you're means of dealing with them is nonsensical, illegal and reinforces the world view these people already have. In essence what you are saying you would do to them in their view validates their beliefs.

do you think reasoned discussion would be a better approach?

• Advertisement

Better than murdering people yes certainly, do you not think?

°°°°°

Yes.

Surely that's self evident.

Or do we just follow the nonsensical ideals of Antifa and dress in black and assault people who have ideologies that differ from ours?

Glazers Out!

WB Yokes wrote: »
    Better than murdering people yes certainly, do you not think?

so what sort of reasoned discussion do you think you can have with somebody who thinks another group of people are subhuman? how exactly would that conversation go?

°°°°°

so what sort of reasoned discussion do you think you can have with somebody who thinks another group of people are subhuman? how exactly would that conversation go?

Does immorality of one group excuse similar immorality on the part of those opposed to them?

This is pretty basic stuff.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

lol. You're describing liberals there with that comment, as they are the ones "inherently hostile" to those with different views.
    It is a hostile and murderous ideology..

Says the guy justifying murder.

You do realise that just because the Twitter mob label someone a fascist, that doesn't actually make them one.

Do you agree having a conversation with a fascist is bettter than murdering them? What would be your approach?

Does immorality of one group excuse similar immorality on the part of those opposed to them?

This is pretty basic stuff.

so what opposition to fascism do you think is acceptable? You want to adopt a live and let live attitude to fascists when they would assuredly not extend that courtesy to you.

WB Yokes wrote: »
    Do you agree having a conversation with a fascist is bettter than murdering them? What would be your approach?

but what would that conversation entail? what would be the intellectual basis for the discussion given that fascism does not have an intellectual base.

but what would that conversation entail? what would be the intellectual basis for the discussion given that fascism does not have an intellectual base.

Ok so its a waste of time talking to a fascist in your view. Fine. So what would your approach be?

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

so what opposition to fascism do you think is acceptable? You want to adopt a live and let live attitude to fascists when they would assuredly not extend that courtesy to you.

Fascism is not an issue in the modern world.

Any right wing political groups are now labeled as fascist by people who don't properly understand what fascism is.

There are fascists in the world but they are in tiny groups who have no hope of gaining power.

Glazers Out!

Advertisement