Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De-platforming fascists works

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

sk8erboii wrote: »
    Nazis did x and so does modern people

Therefore modern people are Nazis.

Mate that argument is bereft of any nuance and a child can call out the bullsh*t in leaving out the context and intentions of Nazis vs the people who want to censor Nazis that i cant help but think youre a satirical or parody account made to make certain right wing ideologies uneducated.

Incase youre not ill boil it down for you:

Nazis censored the media to hide their atrocities and inflate their accomplishments.

Vs

Nazis are being censored to stop their ideology from causing another genocide

The only parody here is that whole post. Indecipherable, with a hint of irony:

"i (sic) cant help but think youre (sic) a satirical or parody account made to make certain right wing ideologies uneducated (sic)."

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    The only parody here is that whole post. Indecipherable, with a hint of irony:

"i (sic) cant help but think youre (sic) a satirical or parody account made to make certain right wing ideologies uneducated (sic)."

Nah. Stop the mental gymnastics. Ill lay out:

Nazis deserve to be deplatformed and attacked. You dont become a Nazi for doing either or both.

Stop the obfuscation and mental gymnastics. Nazis deserve to be deplatformed and attacked. End of.

You are supporting the NAZI policy of de-platforming those whose opinions you disagree with. Are you a NAZI?

Give me the detailed step by step rundown on how deplatforming Nazis make you a Nazi.
    Go ahead lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Nah. Stop the mental gymnastics. Ill lay out:

Nazis deserve to be deplatformed and attacked. You dont become a Nazi for doing either or both.

Stop the obfuscation and mental gymnastics. Nazis deserve to be deplatformed and attacked. End of.
    But hold-on, there is a difference between deplatforming, physically assaulting and killing.

You've said you are happy with all 3 occurring.

As has been asked of you, should the US kill Richard Spencer? Should Britain kill Nick Griffin?

If not why not?

hi sk8erboii havent seen you in about ohhhh a month....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

"It is in internal politics that this word has lost the last vestige of meaning. For if you examine the press you will find that there is almost no set of people - certainly no political party or organized body of any kind - which has not been denounced as Fascist during the past ten years. Here I am not speaking of the verbal use of the term ‘Fascist’..."

http://www.orwell.ru/library/articles/As_I_Please/english/efasc

• Registered Users Posts: 29,567 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

can we stop with this imported far left nonsense. it is painful to read at this stage.

I'd be very interested to hear exactly what these far left ideas are?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭yesto24

can we stop with this imported far left nonsense. it is painful to read at this stage.

Yes sorry it should have been "far left".
    I have edited it now.
    I could have used crazy left, looney left you get the idea. It still doesn't really matter to the point I was trying to make.
    Certain people on the ....... left (fill in the space with whatever you want) will call anyone to the right a Nazi. I have been labeled as such and according to some as a Nazi I am an enemy of the world and should be killed.
    I have a problem with this.
    Hope it clear to you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Give me the detailed step by step rundown on how deplatforming Nazis make you a Nazi.
    Go ahead lad

It is a question for you alone to answer. You are the authoritarian on this thread who wishes to subjugate people to your will, in so doing you have called for silencing and death of people you label NAZIs.

Since you cannot explain what NAZIs are, how do we know you are not a threat to our lives, that you are not in fact the very evil that you accuse others of being?

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

You are supporting the NAZI policy of de-platforming those whose opinions you disagree with. Are you a NAZI?

It's the democratic rule of law that hate speech is illegal. What people or private enterprise choose to censor is their right to censor unless it contravenes somebodies legal rights.

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I'd be very interested to hear exactly what these far left ideas are?

Health care.
    Equality.
    Civil rights.

It is a question for you alone to answer. You are the authoritarian on this thread who wishes to subjugate people to your will, in so doing you have called for silencing and death of people you label NAZIs.

Since you cannot explain what NAZIs are, how do we know you are not a threat to our lives, that you are not in fact the very evil that you accuse others of being?

Nah stop the mental gymnastics.

Nazis should be deplatformed and attacked. Doing so does not make you a Nazi. End of.

Nazis should be deplatformed and attacked. Doing so does not make you a Nazi. End of.

I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt and assumed that you were posting honestly. Your constant use of the phrase "mental gymnastics" has proven that you aren't and instead are trolling.

I can't quite place why you are doing this but I hope you are enjoying yourself. I, for one, won't be engaging with you any further.

I was prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt and assumed that you were posting honestly. Your constant use of the phrase "mental gymnastics" has proven that you aren't and instead are trolling.

I can't quite place why you are doing this but I hope you are enjoying yourself. I, for one, won't be engaging with you any further.

I legitimately have no idea who you are. Have we talked before? Cant see it in my history. Are you trolling me?

To stay on topic: There is no defensible moral position in declaring yourself a Nazi. It means you are for genocide and conquering of other nations. Being deplatformed is a just and rational action towards Nazis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Imagine telling a WW2 veteran from the UK or US that killing Nazis was wrong

German soldiers of the wehrmacht weren't all naz8s, most weren't in fact, for some who was studying history in the last 5 years and may still be studying it you've missed a lot.

German soldiers of the wehrmacht weren't all naz8s, most weren't in fact, for some who was studying history in the last 5 years and may still be studying it you've missed a lot.

But you wouldnt tell a group of D Day veterans killing Nazis was bad would you?

Stop the tired argument. “They were just following orders!”

Doesnt refute in any way the fact that killing Nazis during ww2 was completely justified

I legitimately have no idea who you are. Have we talked before? Cant see it in my history. Are you trolling me?

To stay on topic: There is no defensible moral position in declaring yourself a Nazi. It means you are for genocide and conquering of other nations. Being deplatformed is a just and rational action towards Nazis.

I'll bite one last time.

Who exactly are all these people that you see that are declaring themselves Nazis?

Do you think that Nazi's are a huge problem in the western world?

How many have you met?

Do you think that murdering people in order to silence them is a defensible position to take?

How old are you?

Are you on medication?

The biggest take in this thread is that some people feel personally attacked when I stated Nazis (authoritarian mass murderers) deserve to be attacked and deplatformed.

What happened to someone to reach the point where they’re defending literal mass murderers?

There shouldn’t really be any question if Nazis should be deplatformed. The answer is a resounding yes. Mentioning that the Nazis censored their press does not refute this, and the rest of the pointless mental gymastics is weak and dont hold true in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Should Richard Spencer be executed?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,635 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Dont @ me again with nonsensical arguments. I’ll just ignore you. Now please stay on topic
    Nah. Stop the mental gymnastics....

Stop the obfuscation and mental gymnastics. N
    and the rest of the pointless mental gymastics is weak and dont hold true in reality.
    sk8erboii is now threadbanned, so please do not respond to their earlier posts further

Any questions, PM me - do not respond to this post in-thread

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Can we stop with all the imported 'you're a fascist/nazi' nonsense? As I can assure you, that's as much of a bloody eyesore.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Can we stop with all the imported 'you're a fascist/nazi' nonsense? As I can assure you, that's as much of a bloody eyesore.

well it is a thread about fighting fascism so it is bound to be mentioned. My issue is the assumption that those opposed to fascism are far left. or even left at all. In my view we should all be opposed to fascism and we should not tolerate its presence in the slightest.

The vast majority of those running around calling conservatives / non-liberals fascists, are lefties, and so if the shoe fits, wear it.

Everyone is against genuine fascism by the way. Operative word being genuine.

Stop pretending there's any great support of Neo-Nazis. There isn't.

The vast majority of those running around calling conservatives / non-liberals fascists, are lefties, and so if the shoe fits, wear it.

Everyone is against genuine fascism by the way. Operative word being genuine.

Quite a lot dont even acknowledge that it exists.

Well, it doesn't exist to the degree we are led to believe.

Anyone that has been deplatformed, or removed from (/ demonetized on) YouTube, or blacklisted from Google searches, and then there was an objection to it, suggesting that it was borne from political bias above all else.......... was not remotely a fascist.

This is the constant strawman that is being made here.... that people are complaining about Neo-Nazis being mistreated by big tech. It's nonsense.

Anyone that has been deplatformed, or removed from (/ demonetized on) YouTube, or blacklisted from Google searches, and then there was an objection to it, suggesting that it was borne from political bias above all else.......... was not remotely a fascist.

This is the constant strawman that is being made here.... that people are complaining about Neo-Nazis being mistreated by big tech. It's nonsense.

What positives does people like Milo, with his views and speech (how ever you view or label them yourself) bring to society?

well it is a thread about fighting fascism so it is bound to be mentioned. My issue is the assumption that those opposed to fascism are far left. or even left at all. In my view we should all be opposed to fascism and we should not tolerate its presence in the slightest.

Everyone I have seen posting here is against fascism. The problem is that people are calling people fascists without it being remotely true.

If Milo is a fascist, if Gavin McInnes is a fascist, if Alex Jones is a fascist, if Carl Benjamin is a fascist then you really need to explain what you consider a fascist rather than being upset that people correctly are calling out the left for making that moniker mean nothing except "people who sometimes say some mean things"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

What positives does people like Milo, with his views and speech (how ever you view or label them yourself) bring to society?

Milo Yiannopoulos is an under-informed, over-confident, provocative little prick. That is not what a Fascist is. It isn't illegal to be an asshole, nor should it be.

well we will just have to disagree on that. Fascism doesn't start with death camps. Perhaps as a society we need to do a better job of learning from history.

• Advertisement

What does that matter? What positives do Vox and Owen Jones et al bring to society?

Advertisement