Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hella Mega Tour 2020 (Green Day, Fall Out Boy & Weezer) 29th June 2020 RDS Arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

The Point was fantastic.
    Shame he forgot his glasses that night - I'm that shallow :o

• Registered Users Posts: 38,335 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ticket arrived today. No messing about with this even if its 9 months away. Babies been conceived now could be around before the show ha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Ticket arrived today. No messing about with this even if its 9 months away. Babies been conceived now could be around before the show ha

Interesting to see tickets are laid out as Green Day w/FoB and Weezer.

Wonder would that mean a full 2 hour Green Day show then!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭TK Lemon

I got my tickets today too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Yup, my sh!tty paper tix arrived this morning too......can’t wait for this!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just the 9 months to lose them then

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Just bought 2 gold circle tickets on ticketmaster for this. Still some available. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

If you want to give it to someone as a present, here's some artwork that is not as ugly as the ticketmaster prints:
    8un6rzoq.jpg
    (the barcode is random for illustration only and does not provide access to the gig)
    :)

Checked green days website another band added to the bill 'Amyl and the sniffers'

Had a listen to them there ok and a real start of the evening type band

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Checked green days website another band added to the bill 'Amyl and the sniffers'

Saw them last year in All Points East. Thought they were pretty decent but everyone else I was with didn't like them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Layne

They were on Jools Holland a while back. Aussie punk..now that's a genre you don't hear mentioned very often!!
    Serious energy and a little less refined than the other Hella Mega bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭endainoz

Layne wrote: »
    They were on Jools Holland a while back. Aussie punk..now that's a genre you don't hear mentioned very often!!
    Serious energy and a little less refined than the other Hella Mega bands.

Did someone say Aussie punk?

https://youtu.be/j58V2vC9EPc

They're decent but this bill didn't need another band added

gates in the Uk dates are at 4, think MCD may need to do the same here now

https://www.metalcastle.net/another-bad-news-announced-from-green-day-due-to-coronavirus/

Green Days Asian tour postponed and fears the European leg could be too

****ing virus

https://www.metalcastle.net/another-bad-news-announced-from-green-day-due-to-coronavirus/

Green Days Asian tour postponed and fears the European leg could be too

****ing virus

I see France are looking to ban public gatherings of more than 5000 people, so we have another six nation's game in jeopardy. I don't disagree with it really, if some extreme measures need to be take for a couple of months or so it will be contained, and hopefully summer gatherings won't be affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,234 ✭✭✭✭km79

This prob won’t be happening right ?

km79 wrote: »
    This prob won’t be happening right ?

I'd say it's unlikely to be honest, they already cancelled the Asian leg of the tour which would be going on now, one of the first bands to do that but nothing is confirmed as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Diagonalley

Just knew it was literally too good to be true. TOP / MCR / Green Day / FOB / Weezer - ALL in Dublin in the same week, just after the leaving Cert. ****ing virus is right. But if that’s what it takes to save lives then 100% that is what has to be done. Maybe they’ll all come to Reading Festival at the end of August instead (we can dream)

Green Days Asian tour is being rescheduled for March 2021
    Hella Mega will be the same you’d imagine

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Green Days Asian tour is being rescheduled for March 2021
    Hella Mega will be the same you’d imagine

That's a massive possibility alright

Clutching at straws here but if things do go back to normal by the end of June do you think they will split the tour and do some dates in places less at risk (we could be considered a less risk country by then PG) and then do the others in 2021

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

I'd say it's been well cancelled and all they're doing now is working behind the scenes to secure alternative dates, which won't be easy for outdoor venues in different cities, and there won't be an announcement til they can announce the new dates so it won't be all bad news

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Clutching at straws here but if things do go back to normal by the end of June do you think they will split the tour and do some dates in places less at risk (we could be considered a less risk country by then PG) and then do the others in 2021

No, either the full Euro tour will go ahead or it won't - they won't do piecemeal.

In any case, I doubt that gatherings the size of RDS Arena will be allowed before the end of the year.

Doubt it Tbh, especially if the tour is being kept this big, reschedule for 2021

No, either the full Euro tour will go ahead or it won't - they won't do piecemeal.

In any case, I doubt that gatherings the size of RDS Arena will be allowed before the end of the year.

true

possibly 3arena gigs maybe the max gatherings for gigs til the end of the year

Lots of jobs lost for outdoor gigs like Crew, vendors, security etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

true

possibly 3arena gigs maybe the max gatherings for gigs til the end of the year

Lots of jobs lost for outdoor gigs like Crew, vendors, security etc

In all honesty, I would expect no gigs for the rest of the year at least. At best, restaurants and coffee shops might be allowed open for sit in again provided they limit number of tables and observe social distancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lynvoh

Any official news on this? It's gonna be cancelled for sure but will they go for refund or reschedule ?

lynvoh wrote: »
    Any official news on this? It's gonna be cancelled for sure but will they go for refund of reschedule ?

McD will update each day at 12, and hope to have all rescheduled by next Tuesday

Tour postponed to 2021

Find the official press release of the artists below:

"In life, there is nothing that makes us happier than being on stage, and we were so excited to go on this tour, but given the current health crisis, we have to postpone some concerts of our European / UK tour.

We’re obviously as disappointed as you are, however the safety of our fans, staff and tour teams is number one priority. We are doing our best to finalize the agenda and reschedule the postponed concerts next summer. Keep your tickets well. If you have any questions, please contact your original point of sale immediately.

Keep rocking… safe… at home

website has updated first 4 dates to postponed, UK ones to follow you'd imagine based on the press release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Where have you seen this? Obviously we all knew the news was coming but just want to send the info to my gig buddies.

Advertisement