Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hella Mega Tour 2020 (Green Day, Fall Out Boy & Weezer) 29th June 2020 RDS Arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭aj89

I wish I didnt panic earlier. Took 4 pitch standing.

I had Golden Circle and when I went to proceed, I got an error saying it can not process my request.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,847 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

aj89 wrote: »

I had Golden Circle and when I went to proceed, I got an error saying it can not process my request.

Use Ticketmasters Fan Guarantee to cancel them and buy four golden circle tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭Zardoz

You can get this order refunded by Ticketmaster and buy 4 Golden Circle instead.

People shouldnt panic, its a presale for a large capacity outdoor gig, it won't sell out in presale.
    Surprised there was a queue for the presale, sounds like Ticketmaster playing games as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Contact Ticketmaster and see if you can change them. You can usually upgrade if tickets are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,358 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

No Gold circle implemented for the UK shows it appears just for the Irish suckers, won't be dropping 100 snots on that anyway so gladly give it a miss or grab a cheapo ticket late on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭bennyl10

No Gold circle implemented for the UK shows it appears just for the Irish suckers, won't be dropping 100 snots on that anyway so gladly give it a miss or grab a cheapo ticket late on.

Lot of Europe has it aswell,

Surprised its not in the london show, its handy or crowd control at stadium tour..

It was only an extra 10er at Dublin so hardly extortion

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Lot of Europe has it aswell,

Surprised its not in the london show, its handy or crowd control at stadium tour..

Pure nonsense, you can have the same effect and split the pitch in two without charging for it (the foo fighters managed it in the same venue) as every large venue had been doing for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,206 ✭✭✭✭km79

What is the gold circle ......is it “the pit”?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

PTH2009 wrote: »
    19292s.jpg

could look something like this

68742397_10156810423264372_151224754815107072_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQntbkoKbsR45d7jqmXTWVShkVTykJ8j21eUu1Kkz6TXIkbGDhuQjIXEiWf5gq4Vgjk&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=50341d4c45046b1274b89f708a366a40&oe=5E03A750
    km79 wrote: »

It's this

km79 wrote: »

Yes, only For a fee instead of first come

• Advertisement

Pure nonsense, you can have the same effect and split the pitch in two without charging for it (the foo fighters managed it in the same venue) as every large venue had been doing for years.
    I do, they separated it on tickets which did the job;
    But I can see why they charge for it, especially if they think it’ll be a gig in which people will que early for.

Prevents early queuing in the area.

I disagree with the gold circle thing, but I see why they do it

No need for it should be fcfs I'm sure you were more than delighted to pay TM fees too :)

No need for it should be fcfs I'm sure you were more than delighted to pay TM fees too :)

That just causes insane queues. First time I saw green day I queued for like 4 hours or something to get into the pit (I was like 15 and had nothing better to do). But I get the idea behind it. They don't want people queuing all day around the rds, so this system makes sense. Now they did not need to charge extra for it as proven by the foo fighters. But to be fair a tenner more is grand. And bringing in ticketmaster fees is a total different argument here. Sounds like you are just angry......that must be fun.

Stage layout updated on Ticketmaster..

EyesClosed wrote: »
    That just causes insane queues.
    Not at all what I meant, first to buy the tickets silly.
    And bringing in ticketmaster fees is a total different argument here. Sounds like you are just angry......that must be fun.
    Thought it was comparable that a 10 euro extra charge is more needless money chucked as TM fees are.

Angry nah don't like what I see alright and happy to say it, I'll knock it off now so.

Thought it was comparable that a 10 euro extra charge is more needless money chucked as TM fees are.

Its more the price of the ticket, instead of needless ticketmaster money, which I agree is a totally joke, especially when you go Eticket :pac:

I don't have a problem with the area and I don't mind paying slightly more for it. I understand the need for it.

It works conversely too that someone who is in pitch 2 might be justified in paying less than someone in pitch 1 if the person in pitch 2 is near the back.

To say it should be first come first served is fair in an ideal world but people have jobs, children and other commitments never mind travel distances so letting them pay an extra 10 to arrive later and still get a good spot is fair game to me. Everyone can buy tickets when they go on sale.

The Rolling Stones did it last year and it was something like 170 for golden circle and only 100 for the pitch 2 equivalent in Croker. No price difference or ten in the difference seems fine to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

If ye think that's bad wait till ye see what you'll be paying for a bottle of Rockshore on the night

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DylanB85

Will there be more Gold Circle tickets available once the pre-sale is over?

DylanB85 wrote: »
    Will there be more Gold Circle tickets available once the pre-sale is over?

yeap, but if you want one, just get it now....code is in the thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,251 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cant imagine there been a rush on Friday morning as a lot of esp here would have access to pre sales

Its more the price of the ticket, instead of needless ticketmaster money, which I agree is a totally joke, especially when you go Eticket :pac:

Yup the quality of tix they post now is rubbish too what are we paying them for? zero fees at an outlet then where they print a proper ticket?? Mad really.

of course not but I'd have to pay them anyway.
    As someone that would have qued all day to get a pit pass, I'm more than happy to pay a nominal fee so I can have a day in the city/ do some of work

I see why some people would be against it, bit its not Bon Jovi/Stones level of gouging

yeap, but if you want one, just get it now....code is in the thread

ticketmaster saying GC is gone

I just got 2 there, had to try 3 times though.....but they are still there

MCD presale is tomorrow and the general sale is on Friday and they'll have more. They won't allocate all the tickets to one presale.

of course not but I'd have to pay them anyway.
    As someone that would have qued all day to get a pit pass, I'm more than happy to pay a nominal fee so I can have a day in the city/ do some of work

Not what I meant as said previously, people can queue at silly times if that's what they desire to get near barrier or what not, pitch 1 (GC for Green Day) (not even a circle btw haha) was sold at no extra cost to Foos last year but was fcfs. Gold circle isnt really a pit is it, the reality is its about 40% of the standing area.

Not what I meant as said previously, people can queue at silly times if that's what they desire to get near barrier or what not, pitch 1 (GC for Green Day) (not even a circle btw haha) was sold at no extra cost to Foos last year but was fcfs. Gold circle isnt really a pit is it, the reality is its about 40% of the standing area.

It's a lot less than 40%. It's about a quarter of the standing area if not less. It sits in front of essentially one of the five Anglesea blocks. The rest of the standing area is in front of the other four with a little bit more at the back. I've stood and sat at RDS gigs and it's certainly no more than 25/30%. It does vary by gig but even on that new seat map for this gig, it's no bigger than 25%.

It's a lot less than 40%. It's about a quarter of the standing area if not less. It sits in front of essentially one of the five Anglesea blocks. The rest of the standing area is in front of the other four with a little bit more at the back. I've stood and sat at RDS gigs and it's certainly no more than 25/30%. It does vary by gig but even on that new seat map for this gig, it's no bigger than 25%.

I didn't say exactly 40% I said about 40% it's definitely at least a third of the alotted cap for sure even look at the photo posted pits were or at least used to be a select 100 or so not in their thousands, was on either side of pitch standing over 2 gigs this summer and this was the case it didn't vary by gig and bear in mind they never sell tickets to severely clog the back health and safety and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

sugarman wrote: »
    They're not. They're the polar opposite.

I've paid $25 to see the likes of Slipknot, Slayer, Anthrax, Motorhead and a dozen other bands at one festival ..and same for Korn, Rob Zombie, Lamb of God etc.. at another.

Foo Fighters with Weezer was also only $35.

I don't know where the other poster saw $200+ for the Hella Mega gig.. they start at $39.50.

Yeah $39.50 to sit in the back row of the upper deck. It's $226.50 after fees for bog standard GA tickets.

Advertisement