Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hella Mega Tour 2020 (Green Day, Fall Out Boy & Weezer) 29th June 2020 RDS Arena

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Managed to get two pitch tickets for London, they sold out in under 2 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭endainoz

Xenji wrote: »
    Managed to get two pitch tickets for London, they sold out in under 2 minutes.

I think those bands are bigger in the UK, I'd still be suprised if the RDS sells out immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mollser

Pitch 1 / gold circle all gone (for now) anyway. I listen to Kerrang Radio via TuneIn app regularly, they're hyping this gig up tremendously - it's great to hear, with plenty of tunes from all the bands being played, and not necessarily the usual ones either.

Fangclub should get themselves onto this bill as well if they can, great fit for the audience

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

bigpink wrote: »
    Will this sell out?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭bennyl10

mollser wrote: »
    Pitch 1 / gold circle all gone (for now) anyway. I listen to Kerrang Radio via TuneIn app regularly, they're hyping this gig up tremendously - it's great to hear, with plenty of tunes from all the bands being played, and not necessarily the usual ones either.

Fangclub should get themselves onto this bill as well if they can, great fit for the audience

wont be an opening act for anything but the london gig apparently

Weezer will fill the *opening* slot for the rest.

GC sold out and seating seems to have sold quite well

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Think i might give it a miss and head to Rock Am Ring to see Green Day and Weezer there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Think i might give it a miss and head to Rock Am Ring to see Green Day and Weezer there

And nearly another 100 bands for 50 quid more, although if you don't know anyone in Germany/Netherlands or so you'll be coughing up around another 30 for postage :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Sorry if this has been asked before but my sister in law bought a standing ticket for her son (13). She will be going with him. What's the likelihood of him being refused entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Sorry if this has been asked before but my sister in law bought a standing ticket for her son (13). She will be going with him. What's the likelihood of him being refused entry?

being refused? zero

No

Can I have your crystal ball when your done with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,335 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

dont they hold a few seats for that instance

never seen any young teens been refused into a concert for being underage. Theres always some half drunken idiot who will act as guardian

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Brought my young lad 3 years ago when he was 14 and there was no hassle at all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Thanks everyone. I've passed on the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lynvoh

The revolut ticketmaster situation is not gonna get fixed soon, is it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

lynvoh wrote: »

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Still doing that shíte of failing to go through on TMs end after confirming the purchase on the Revolut app? Massive pain and nearly lost out on tickets over it before, had to go dig out the main bank card. Emailed Ticketmaster about it and just got fobbed off.

Any idea when tickets will be available to view?
    How long does it usually take? Never had to wait for them before..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Zardoz

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Any idea when tickets will be available to view?
    How long does it usually take? Never had to wait for them before..

Whats the rush ?

Zardoz wrote:
    Whats the rush ?

Need a sweet pic for a DoneDeal ad?

endainoz wrote: »
    Need a sweet pic for a DoneDeal ad?

Not in the slightest!
    Second one is a birthday present, wouldn’t mind having the print off for the card is all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Where is a premium ticket likely to land one?

bennyl10 wrote:
    Not in the slightest! Second one is a birthday present, wouldn’t mind having the print off for the card is all

Ah no I'm only joking, I think someone said they got their tickets sent out already so they should be out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Lofidelity

When did Weezer last play in Ireland? I was waiting for an Olympia or Bord Gais show for a long time but this will have to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Lofidelity wrote: »
    When did Weezer last play in Ireland? I was waiting for an Olympia or Bord Gais show for a long time but this will have to do.

Oxegen 2011

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/weezer/2011/punchestown-racecourse-naas-ireland-2bd350fa.html

Was a class show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

If I remember correctly Weezer played two shows here in 2005 only two months apart in Vicar St. and the Point which was a bit odd at the time, the Vicar St. show was great but I skipped the Point date, outside of Oxegen I do not think they have played here since.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Lofidelity

EyesClosed wrote: »

I was probably at that, memory is a bit hazy. I had a look at the line up poster, it really was the golden age of Irish festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I was speaking to an agent today in relation to another matter and I mentioned the Revolut issue.
    He said that Ticketmaster are aware of the issue and are working on trying to remedy the issue so it should be resolved soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If I remember correctly Weezer played two shows here in 2005 only two months apart in Vicar St. and the Point which was a bit odd at the time, the Vicar St. show was great but I skipped the Point date, outside of Oxegen I do not think they have played here since.

Was at the Point show as couldn't get tix to Vicar Street. It sold out instantly. Point show was fun though. Pixies in Lansdowne road the night before too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Yeah June and again in August 2005. I also got tickets to Vicar St and skipped Point. It was a strange one alright, probably promoters were unsure of demand when planning Vicar St and then scrambled to get another show. Vicar St show was great. I remember they opened with Tired of Sex and the place went crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I thought Vicar St was the worst show of theirs I've been at. Rivers looked like he'd rather be anywhere else all night. Point was brilliant though, totally the opposite. At one stage he disappeared off the stage and re-appeared at the back of the venue for one of the songs.

Advertisement