Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Bolton Axis of Evil

Options
  • 10-09-2019 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭

One of the most dangerous men on the planet has been fired by Donald Trump.

Lets hope this crazed Neo-Con warmonger never and I mean ever gets such a high profile job within the US Government.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

He says he resigned and Trump tweeted he fired him before Bolton was to make an announcement to press.
    Good he's gone though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Love him or hate him you can’t stop talking about him.........:::::: donalllllllllllllld trump

So Is this Bolton fella still the most dangerous man on the planet or is he safe now that he doesn’t work with trump.

Will the guy that takes his job become more dangerouser than him?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

from wikipedia
    Appearing on Fox News' Fox and Friends on December 1, 2016, Bolton admitted he was being considered as a Secretary of State candidate for the incoming Trump administration.[151][152] Several Trump associates claim Bolton was not chosen, in part, due to Trump's disdain for Bolton's signature mustache

• Registered Users Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I'm just glad he's gone. The amount of blood on that mans hands

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

He is an evil nasty man who is an absolute warmonger. Had the Hitler moustache to boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I doubt Trump by himself had the brains to fire him, but probably put a proverbial gun to Bolton's head +bottle of JD and told him to resign, then tweeted that he had been sacked before Bolton got a chance.

I am probably raving mad here, but what the heck, who cares how it was done, Bolton is gone, he was some nasty piece of work.

Who will replace him now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I doubt Trump by himself had the brains to fire him, but probably put a proverbial gun to Bolton's head +bottle of JD and told him to resign, then tweeted that he had been sacked before Bolton got a chance.

I am probably raving mad here, but what the heck, who cares how it was done, Bolton is gone, he was some nasty piece of work.

Who will replace him now?

you are raving.
    But we can agree that Bolton was a maniac and it's good he is gone.

Interestingly this is one thing the pro and anti trump sides should agree on.
    Right or Left everybody hates Bolton

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

paw patrol wrote: »

That's fairly accurate. I don't even think the neocons like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,736 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Reading between the lines does this mean any change to US stance versus Iran; or do we just think this is a personality clash \ pogonophobia?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

That's fairly accurate. I don't even think the neocons like him.

Swear i read somwhere Bolton and Pompeo had a falling out over the Taliban deal?

As Trump and Pompeo wanted to get the deal done, Bolton was going to recieve the chop eventually.

They are all neocons in the Trump administration anyhow. Nothing will chance, here. Israel still allowed to do what it likes in the Middle East and Trump will support them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Trump is likely smarter than you.

Was a mostly tongue in cheek post.

As I said, it doesn't matter how it was achieved, Bolton is gone now.

I wonder who will replace him now?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,125 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Surely whoever replaces him can not be as bad as him and it will take whoever does a long time to have as much blood on there hands as that nasty man has on his. Not that anyone would want to beat that. I think Bolton was just a war hungry monger who did not seem to care how many people were or what countries he was destroying. Now all we need is for Trump to go.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Was a mostly tongue in cheek post.

As I said, it doesn't matter how it was achieved, Bolton is gone now.

I wonder who will replace him now?

Is he anything to Michael Bolton.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Trump Thumping Bolton is a Good Start
    Donald Trump finally fired National Security Adviser and all-around disgraceful human being John Bolton.

Good riddance.

Bolton was a diversity hire by Trump. His allegiance to the Israeli Firsters who helped get Trump into power, namely Sheldon Adelson, got him the job.

<snip>

This is what Bolton and the Neocons have done for Trump’s presidency, reduced it to a clown show where no one listens to the American President anymore because he’s irrelevant.

But the maximum pressure policy has done none of these things save make Trump look like an unstable lunatic and strengthen the resolve of the U.S.’s opposition.

<snip>
    It’s clear Trump made this move for re-election purposes. Bolton was a liability. If more heads don’t roll after three years of foreign policy blunders of epic proportions Trump’s second term will look just like his first, a shambolic mess long on bravado and short on consistency.

source

The Neocons who are the architects of the current middle east destabilisation should have been frogmarched out of Washington in 2006 when it was clear they had lost the Iraq war. Trump giving them a way back through Bolton was a real bad decision, at least Trump does not have the instinct to go for another shooting war and that's to his credit. Question is who replaces Bolton and will Mike Pompeo (Secretary of State) get the road?

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Mike Pompeo is every bit the hawk that Bolton is so don't expect much to change tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I literally love that the biggest 'personality' on Fox News Tucker Carlson is relentlessly anti war. You can look up the actual full interview he did with John Bolton. He made absolute sh1t of him. And Tucker Carlson presses the point how they should have a non warmonger neocon as Foreign Secretary. Not exactly a radical idea. People like John Bolton are actually anti American.

It's more powerful because this is coming from Fox News. It makes me feel hopeful about the future. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Gringo180 wrote: »
    One of the most dangerous men on the planet has been fired by Donald Trump.

Lets hope this crazed Neo-Con warmonger never and I mean ever gets such a high profile job within the US Government.

Why was he there in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Tony EH wrote: »
    Why was he there in the first place.

Considering his well known penchant for war mongering, he was an odd choice for an anti-interventionist president.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

paw patrol wrote: »
    you are raving.
    But we can agree that Bolton was a maniac and it's good he is gone.

Interestingly this is one thing the pro and anti trump sides should agree on.

I'm sure the Leftist media will find a way to spin this as a bad move from Trump.

Advertisement