Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park parking

Options
  • 10-09-2019 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Apologies if this has been covered before but a quick question. I understand you can park along the side of the road in the Park near Parkgate Street entrance.

How far away from Parkgate Street would you have to park at 8am, 9 or 10?
    How busy is it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Apologies if this has been covered before but a quick question. I understand you can park along the side of the road in the Park near Parkgate Street entrance.

How far away from Parkgate Street would you have to park at 8am, 9 or 10?
    How busy is it?

Thanks

I think you would get a spot easy enough outside the zoo in the early morning but the road fills up quickly especially during busy days and weekends. I think it is double yellow all the way from the entrance at parkgate street to the zoo but from there you can park on the road. It would be a 10 minute walk from the zoo entrance to the Parkgate Street entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,550 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mod Note: Moved from After Hours to here please follow local guidelines!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭aine kilbride

Mod Note: Moved from After Hours to here please follow local guidelines!

OK thanks. I thought it might be moved but am never sure because the AH thread had many diverse topics that are not moved. I also needed the information very quickly anvd there's a lot of traffic on AH. I hope in Dublin City it won't be lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Parkgate St to the roundabout is all double-yellows, you can park up from there. There's a few little car parks to the side near the cricket grounds if the roads are full, but they shouldn't be at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭aine kilbride

Parkgate St to the roundabout is all double-yellows, you can park up from there. There's a few little car parks to the side near the cricket grounds if the roads are full, but they shouldn't be at that time.

Many thanks. Would you know what times times spaces get filled up? At 08am would they start filling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Many thanks. Would you know what times times spaces get filled up? At 08am would they start filling?

I'd say you won't have any trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

I think it is double yellow all the way past the Zoo to the next turn into the polo ground. As you say a good place would be in past the civil service cricket ground, there is often space there.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭mcgragger

anyone ever get clamped there

Advertisement