Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung TV in Portugal

• 10-09-2019 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

I don't think this is the right forum but maybe someone here is able to advise or guide me.
    I bought a new Samsung smart TV in Portugal and I have Vodafone satellite TV. The TV frequently fails to recognise the satellite which is connected to the HDMI 1 socket. I've tried googling a cure to no avail, other than it seems to be a common enough problem. What sometimes works is pulling out the plug from the HDMI1 socket and putting it into the HDMI 2 socket.

I'm a luddite when it comes to this kind of thing so any advice would be very welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,985 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Have you tried a different HDMI cable to see if the issue continues with a new cable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Gorteen

banie01 wrote: »
    Have you tried a different HDMI cable to see if the issue continues with a new cable?

Is that likely? It's a brand new cable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,985 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Gorteen wrote: »
    Is that likely? It's a brand new cable!

It being new doesn't preclude its having a fault.
    Quite often the line trotted out is that as HDMI is digital it either works or it doesn't.
    In practice however, poor shielding or connection can cause switching issues.
    Switching between inputs and staying dark until the inputs are cycled and random sparkles on the screen would be signs of problematic HDMI

Advertisement