Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I do geography or politics and society? (please help)

Options
  • 10-09-2019 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

So this is my situation.

I'm repeating my leaving cert this year but i'll be studying at home. I did geography for 2 years and I honestly didn't like it. This year it'd be even worse since i'll instantly lose out on 20% because I won't be in school to do the project.

My friend recommended that I look at politics and society and tbh I didn't like the idea of having 1 year to learn a 2 year course from scratch but from what i've seen it look like a really nice course.

If I were to stick with geography i'd only be aiming for a h5. Even if I were able to get a H4 in politics and society that would make a huge difference for me.

So, if anyone here is doing politics and society or both that and geography, would you recommend it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Surely it would be far easier to keep on geography having completed the course and try and improve the grade you got last year? Also, assuming you were on good terms with the geography teacher couldn't you contact the school and ask if you could go on the geography trip with them and write up the project?

Advertisement