Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass machine didn't pay out

Options
  • 10-09-2019 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

What does one do, if pass machine does not pay out the cash, after u put in the amount and it returns the card, then machine turns off, before giving the cash and restarts ten mins later.
    Statement shows its gone from account

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 wes16586

Happened me a few months back. I rang BOI to confirm if the money would be returned. It eventually did 5 working days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭return guide

Hope you get sorted.

I have not heard cash machines called PASS for a long time, thanks for the memory.

https://www.rte.ie/archives/2015/0213/679861-irelands-first-atm/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DjMidas

I know, should have said atm machine.... I didn't seem to get any satisfaction from the staff member I spoke too

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Happened to me twice, both times in a garage. Each time the money was back in account by 12am the following day. Hadn't contacted the bank either time. Hope the same happens for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

DjMidas wrote: »
    What does one do, if pass machine does not pay out the cash, after u put in the amount and it returns the card, then machine turns off, before giving the cash and restarts ten mins later.
    Statement shows its gone from account

Hi DjMidas,

thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. We are sorry to hear that this has been your experience when using an ATM. Can we check with you what type of ATM this was ie Bank of Ireland, AIB, Ulster Bank etc. Was this in a shop or outside a Branch? Generally if you have not received the funds from the ATM the transaction will rectify itself within a couple of days. However depending on where the transaction took place can depend on the timeframe.

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement

Hi Jen

It was a Bank Of Ireland ATM, with one of your debit visa cards and the atm was at one of your branches on the exterior wall.. on a Monday evening

Called into the branch the following day, told me they would look into it and get back to me that day... Heard Nothing.

Called into them again the next day, told me they had located it and that it would be returned, that was on a Wednesday.

Friday tried to contact the branch, got a direct telephone number from, i take it your head office, who took my name and told me if there was no answer to leave a message and they would get back to me. I rang at approx 10.20am, left message, heard nothing. Rang again at approx 4.15pm, left a fairly strong message this time, as this was now dragging on and no one was getting back to me,to let me know what was going on. Doesn't take days for cash to be re lodged and credited to an account....

As of Sat night, the funds still had not been returned to my account.. This is hard to believe, with all the technology available and ye as a bank want people to use debit cards more and cash less, things like this would turn people off using any cards, as it now seems that your machine, can do what it wants and money can just vanish at the touch of a button. Thats some advertisement 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Jen

It was a Bank Of Ireland ATM, with one of your debit visa cards and the atm was at one of your branches on the exterior wall.. on a Monday evening

Called into the branch the following day, told me they would look into it and get back to me that day... Heard Nothing.

Called into them again the next day, told me they had located it and that it would be returned, that was on a Wednesday.

Friday tried to contact the branch, got a direct telephone number from, i take it your head office, who took my name and told me if there was no answer to leave a message and they would get back to me. I rang at approx 10.20am, left message, heard nothing. Rang again at approx 4.15pm, left a fairly strong message this time, as this was now dragging on and no one was getting back to me,to let me know what was going on. Doesn't take days for cash to be re lodged and credited to an account....

As of Sat night, the funds still had not been returned to my account.. This is hard to believe, with all the technology available and ye as a bank want people to use debit cards more and cash less, things like this would turn people off using any cards, as it now seems that your machine, can do what it wants and money can just vanish at the touch of a button. Thats some advertisement 
    Hi DjMidas, 

Thanks for getting back in touch with us and for all of the added information. I'm sorry to hear this has been your experience, I completely understand your frustration.

Generally, in situations like this the ATM will automatically rectify itself, this usually takes up to 5 working days. If the ATM transaction was attempted on Monday evening then you should expect the funds back in to your account by the end of the working day on Tuesday. 

If this does not automatically take place on your account it will need to be investigated further by our customer service team after the transaction has fully processed. This can be done by phone on 0818 365 365 or by secure message on your 365online account (on laptop/computer) by following 'Service Desk' > 'Ask a Question'. One of my colleagues will be more than happy to help.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, 
    Aisling. 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,767 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

. This is hard to believe, with all the technology available and ye as a bank want people to use debit cards more and cash less, things like this would turn people off using any cards. 

If you weren't using cash, this wouldn't have happened.

Hi Jen

Hi DjMidas, 

Thanks for getting back in touch with us and for all of the added information. I'm sorry to hear this has been your experience, I completely understand your frustration.

Generally, in situations like this the ATM will automatically rectify itself, this usually takes up to 5 working days. If the ATM transaction was attempted on Monday evening then you should expect the funds back in to your account by the end of the working day on Tuesday. 

If this does not automatically take place on your account it will need to be investigated further by our customer service team after the transaction has fully processed. This can be done by phone on 0818 365 365 or by secure message on your 365online account (on laptop/computer) by following 'Service Desk' > 'Ask a Question'. One of my colleagues will be more than happy to help.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, 
    Aisling. 
    Hi Aisling

An update on that, it is now over 8 working days since the incident, and still no funds have been returned. I yet again went to the branch in question at my expense again last Monday. I was given the same story, that the money was located and would be refunded to my account and still nothing.

That is some service you operate, no bother in taking money but almost impossible to get it returned when the fault was on your side. As of nearly 2 weeks later I am still out of pocket and as a bank you don't seem to care about customers. With all the technology that you are supposed to have, cameras on atm's, etc, that should have been credited a week ago once located and reported, but no.. On the other hand if I was late with a payment on a loan, you would be on asap...

This kind of service is disgraceful and unfair to customers who actually did nothing wrong. It now seems that you as a bank are holding onto that money, which now seems to be a form of theft. At this rate, I will be left with no option but to take it further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi Jen

Hi DjMidas, 

I hope this helps.

Thanks, 
    Aisling. 
    Hi Aisling

An update on that, it is now over 8 working days since the incident, and still no funds have been returned. I yet again went to the branch in question at my expense again last Monday. I was given the same story, that the money was located and would be refunded to my account and still nothing.

That is some service you operate, no bother in taking money but almost impossible to get it returned when the fault was on your side. As of nearly 2 weeks later I am still out of pocket and as a bank you don't seem to care about customers. With all the technology that you are supposed to have, cameras on atm's, etc, that should have been credited a week ago once located and reported, but no.. On the other hand if I was late with a payment on a loan, you would be on asap...

This kind of service is disgraceful and unfair to customers who actually did nothing wrong. It now seems that you as a bank are holding onto that money, which now seems to be a form of theft. At this rate, I will be left with no option but to take it further.
    Hi DjMidas, 

Thank you for getting back to us. 

I'm sorry to hear this is still on-going for you. I completely understand how frustrating this is for you. 

As the transaction hasn't automatically rectified itself, it would be necessary to link in with our customer service team so they can investigate this further for you, and take the necessary steps to resolve it. 

They can be reached by phone on 0818 365 365, or by sending a secure message on your 365 online account (on desktop/laptop) by following 'Service Desk' > 'Ask a Question'. One of my colleagues will be more than happy to help. 

Thanks, 
    Aisling. 

• Advertisement
Advertisement