Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shortland Street 5:30pm on RTE 2

Options
  • 10-09-2019 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

What is your opinion on RTE 2 now showing shortland Street at teatime? AFAIK it had a similar slot on RTE 0ne 20 years ago. I guess the Simpsons don't get the ratings anymore ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Triple down under soaps -great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Well I don't think they shouldn't have been allowed put Ellen on at that time as it ate into TRTE and do make this change they would have had to have got permission from the Minister which they did not under their last request to the Dept.

They don't really know what to do and sticking repeats of Shortland St goes with the other "Down under soaps" seems the only option.

Are they really repeats of episodes already shown on RTÉ a few months/years back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Are these reruns? Remember that ident they used to do circa early 00s with one of the actors? "Watch RTE1 for the bist dramas".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭Delta2113

First time episodes on RTE is my understanding. Episode 7049 is latest in NZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

They are a repeat of what is shown on RTE 1 earlier in the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

They are a repeat of what is shown on RTE 1 earlier in the day.

Yeah same for Neighbours and Home and Away.

Advertisement