Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie question re: ringing volume / vibrate

• 11-09-2019 1:34am

Hi, forgive the noob question but I've only ever had android phones. My gf just got an iPhone 8 and I'm helping her set it up but I can't figure this out.

She never uses a ringtone, ever. She always has it either on vibrate or completely silent. It took me too long to figure out the switch on the side of the phone that changes it from "ringing" to "silent" mode.

However, even when it is on mute (I. E. The volume is all the way down), if the phone is switched to "ringing" mode then it still makes a noise when a call comes in.

Is it possible to set it so that

(1) flicking the switch to "ringing" mode = there's no ringtone or maybe even a silent ringtone but the phone vibrates and
    (2) flicking the switch to "silent" mode just completely mutes everything, including vibration

Ive found the "vibrate when on silent" setting, so when that's switched off, point number (2) is okay, but I can't figure out how to do number (1).

Tl;dr.........how to set phone up to either vibrate or be completely muted by using the switch on the side

Thanks for your time

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭rahenyrover

Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Turn volume all the way down on ringers and alerts and make sure the change with buttons setting is turned off.

Advertisement