Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi in Limerick

• 11-09-2019 7:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭

Could anyone recommend a taxi please?

I am looking to go to Annacotty from Henry Street city centre.

And do they accept card payment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Free Now? Yes to card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

When I search Google for free now it shows an app.
    Is it a reliable app?

Thanks

Free Now? Yes to card

Yes, I wouldn't have recommended it otherwise to be fair.

You might know it as Hailo or MyTaxi which are its former incarnations.

Got it now.

Is it useful to pay through the app or using card to the driver?
    Yes, I wouldn't have recommended it otherwise to be fair.

You might know it as Hailo or MyTaxi which are its former incarnations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Got it now.

Add your card to the app and there will be an option to pay them automatically when the trip ends.

• Advertisement

Through the app, arrive at your destination and just get out of the car

Try the code 6596SQ for a tenner off your first journey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Could anyone recommend a taxi please?

I am looking to go to Annacotty from Henry Street city centre.

And do they accept card payment?

Seriously!
    Would you not just walk over to the taxi rank,ask if he/she takes card(they all do nowadays) hop in, you're in Annacotty in 10minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I've being using the app and didn't have the code. Just added it and it works. There's Saturdays taxi sorted, as my fare is normally €12+ Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Gave up calling taxi companies as they never pick up. Use FreeNow all the time

It's certainly a far cry from waiting ages in Shannon Street at some god awful hour of the morning for Francis to assign you a cab to get home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It's certainly a far cry from waiting ages in Shannon Street at some god awful hour of the morning for Francis to assign you a cab to get home.

"I'm waiting here 30minutes now, and you're giving all the taxis to people who just came along"
    "Alright, you're next"

LOL, you'd literally just walked around the corner with fresh chips in your hand :D

Anybody who has never seen Shannon street where it was just a sea of people will never understand the absolute madness it was.

My memory of it even reminds me there was petrol pumps(albeit in bits) on the footpath as well. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Berty wrote: »
    "I'm waiting here 30minutes now, and you're giving all the taxis to people who just came along"
    "Alright, you're next"

LOL, you'd literally just walked around the corner with fresh chips in your hand :D

Anybody who has never seen Shannon street where it was just a sea of people will never understand the absolute madness it was.

My memory of it even reminds me there was petrol pumps(albeit in bits) on the footpath as well. :eek:

It was brilliant! Literally hundreds of people on the street, only once there was a massive fight, that in itself is something.

My mates and I used to always say taxi for Knocknagoshel :D

Thanks so much.
    Revolut card added :)

Is the "Match" sharing service good also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Got it now.

Just for future info. If you use Free now and want to pay by Card you should register your Card with them before requesting a Taxi. If not the job will appear as a Cash Fare on the Driver's App and he will look for Cash (even though he may well have a Sumup, or similar, Card reader). He will not be able to change the job from a Cash job to an Account (Credit Card) job.

Also, all Fares with Free Now are subject to a €2 Call-out/booking charge. If you don't wish to pay this then either get a Taxi off the Street or download the Swifty app ( they are the biggest local firm and do not charge the Call-out Fee).

....as for Francis in the old days. When things were busy he would get people to share Taxis. Anybody going over Sarsfield Bridge was considered to be going 'Northside'. So you could be going to Ashbrook, but be sharing with somebody going to Meelick, and another heading for Coonagh !!!

That's most helpful.

Thank you

Used the code today, paid 8 instead of 18.
    Any other codes please? :D

There is no option in swifty app to add card details.
    Is it possible to pay to the driver by card?
    mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Just for future info. If you use Free now and want to pay by Card you should register your Card with them before requesting a Taxi. If not the job will appear as a Cash Fare on the Driver's App and he will look for Cash (even though he may well have a Sumup, or similar, Card reader). He will not be able to change the job from a Cash job to an Account (Credit Card) job.

Also, all Fares with Free Now are subject to a €2 Call-out/booking charge. If you don't wish to pay this then either get a Taxi off the Street or download the Swifty app ( they are the biggest local firm and do not charge the Call-out Fee).

....as for Francis in the old days. When things were busy he would get people to share Taxis. Anybody going over Sarsfield Bridge was considered to be going 'Northside'. So you could be going to Ashbrook, but be sharing with somebody going to Meelick, and another heading for Coonagh !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Yes. They should all be able to take a card.

Advertisement