Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do you turn the heating back on?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Have used it for the odd half hour at night over the last fortnight. If the temperature of the house goes to 16 i will turn it on for a while.

Mostly haven't needed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

people have really forgotten jumpers. Some offices and houses are a nightmare now, going in and its 23 degrees round the clock, feel like your going to die of heat stroke.

set it to 20 degrees and let the thermostats do all the work and if somebody is cold they can go wear a jumper.

yeah Ive been in a lot of sauna like homes throughout the winter, some people are like the proverbial frog in boiling water.

I even find 20c too warm, 18 is where I set it and its grand at that. Maybe thats because I got new triple glazed window so am no longer losing much heat.

I'm similar. The thermostat is set to 17 and that leaves the rooms about 20.

I'm similar. The thermostat is set to 17 and that leaves the rooms about 20.

Your thermostat isn't much good if you set it to 17 and your rooms are 20. I set mine to the temp I want. Set to 17 then your rooms should be 17 (which is freezing).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

Stats set to 17-18 is fine with underfloor heating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I usually set to 18 or at most 20

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

At €400 for a 1000 ltrs she can run all night!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,321 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Your thermostat isn't much good if you set it to 17 and your rooms are 20. I set mine to the temp I want. Set to 17 then your rooms should be 17 (which is freezing).

I would assume the stat is in the hall or landing so allowing for the difference in the rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mcko

It is good to have it on for an hour a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

biko wrote: »
    Do you have a thermometer in the house?
    What does it say?

Should be 21c at day and 18c at night in every room.

21c during the day?
    18 for me. 19 if Im really cold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

I think you'll find you're 17 degrees away from freezing

Advertisement