Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 transactions for food

Options
  • 11-09-2019 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi My credit card is showing 2 transactions from the same food outlet (different values) on the same day which seems strange and could have been a double tapping... how do I check this out. eg find the time difference between purchases ...etc..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

millb wrote: »
    Hi My credit card is showing 2 transactions from the same food outlet (different values) on the same day which seems strange and could have been a double tapping... how do I check this out. eg find the time difference between purchases ...etc..

Hi millb,

thanks for getting in touch with us here today. If there was an error with the transaction being processed at the time it was made, it can appear as a debit on your account twice. What generally happens is the successful transaction will update on your account and move into completed transactions while the second transaction will remain as pending for up to 5 working days before automatically rectifying on the account and disappearing completely. As soon as you can no longer see the second transaction your balance will readjust accordingly.

I hope this helps, however if you would like this looked into further we would recommend that you raise this by logging into your account through a Pc/laptop, Select Service Desk and Ask a Question and one of our advisors will be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭millb

Hi millb,

thanks for getting in touch with us here today. If there was an error with the transaction being processed at the time it was made, it can appear as a debit on your account twice. What generally happens is the successful transaction will update on your account and move into completed transactions while the second transaction will remain as pending for up to 5 working days before automatically rectifying on the account and disappearing completely. As soon as you can no longer see the second transaction your balance will readjust accordingly.

I hope this helps, however if you would like this looked into further we would recommend that you raise this by logging into your account through a Pc/laptop, Select Service Desk and Ask a Question and one of our advisors will be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thanks Jen
    its on the statement for last month so not showing as an error ...  I'll see what is online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

its on the statement for last month so not showing as an error ...  I'll see what is online

Thanks for coming back to us here. My apologies I was unaware that it was showing on your statement. If this is the case it would be necessary to contact the retailer to process a refund on the transaction. For more information on the transaction we would recommend that you raise this by logging into your account through a pc/laptop,select service desk and Ask a question and one of our advisors will be happy to help with this.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement