Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCI World Road Race Championships 2019

Options
15678911»

Comments

eeeee wrote: »
    Anyone know of any Youtube highlights of the women's race? I can't find it anywhere yet.

UCI and Eurosport channels have 5 minute efforts,

Or you can see the whole thing here, part 2 is on that channel also.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

UCI and Eurosport channels have 5 minute efforts,

Or you can see the whole thing here, part 2 is on that channel also.

Awesome thank you.
    I couldn't find the Eurosport highlights, I may be being very dim though. I've been looking for 3 days :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

neris wrote: »
    anyone know what the odds were on Pederson winning before the race?

I've seen anything from 150 to 300

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

could've been in the journalism thread, but here's some of what I would expect if Ireland could ever host these from locals letters to the editor this year

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/opinion/letters/how-uci-road-world-championships-is-taking-its-toll-on-harrogate-yorkshire-post-letters-1-10013915

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

I have clear recollections of a certain call in radio show host on the Friday afternoon when the Giro started in belfast having a resident off a leafy north Dublin coastal suburb on to complain about the traffic disruption that the race would cause locally on Sunday and jabbering on about a Italian race taking place in Ireland. However the particular radio host also just happens to live on the main road that the Giro was going along
    Weepsie wrote: »
    could've been in the journalism thread, but here's some of what I would expect if Ireland could ever host these from locals letters to the editor this year

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/opinion/letters/how-uci-road-world-championships-is-taking-its-toll-on-harrogate-yorkshire-post-letters-1-10013915

• Advertisement

Jesus Anna Van Der Breggan did not look happy on that podium at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Weepsie wrote: »

Aint gonna happen. The locations for the race in the next 4 years is already decided (Swizerland, Flanders, Australia, Scotland) with the 2023 series commencing the future plans that road, BMX and Track WCs would all co-locate in one large "event". Unless we construct a purpose-built BMX arena and get the Velodrome done, it looks very unlikely that we'll have any hope of hosting the event. The Whineline audience will be delighted.....

She probably thought when Van Vleuten first went that she had gold in the bag

red_ken wrote: »
    She probably thought when Van Vleuten first went that she had gold in the bag

Yeah I was thinking that.
    She looked so pissed. Given that her teammate won. But I guess that was why she was pissed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Aint gonna happen. The locations for the race in the next 4 years is already decided (Swizerland, Flanders, Australia, Scotland) with the 2023 series commencing the future plans that road, BMX and Track WCs would all co-locate in one large "event". Unless we construct a purpose-built BMX arena and get the Velodrome done, it looks very unlikely that we'll have any hope of hosting the event. The Whineline audience will be delighted.....

The Cycling World Championships will be held every four years, starting in 2023, in the year before The Olympics. The event over two weeks will also include, among others, Mountainbiking(XCO, DH and Marathon), Trials, Grand Fondo and Paracycling.
    Every other year will be pretty much as it is now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Eamonnator wrote: »
    The Cycling World Championships will be held every four years, starting in 2023, in the year before The Olympics. The event over two weeks will also include, among others, Mountainbiking(XCO, DH and Marathon), Trials, Grand Fondo and Paracycling.
    Every other year will be pretty much as it is now.

Ah, OK. I didnt pick that up from what I read - I thought it was going to be the annual format after 2023.Thanks

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Ah, OK. I didnt pick that up from what I read - I thought it was going to be the annual format after 2023.Thanks

I thought it was annual too, so will there be world champs every year or every 4 years? And what's the difference bar timing intervals between the 2 world champs?

It's basically like a cycling Olympics then with an annual worlds in the current format in the other 3 years???

EDIT: Ok I see now every 4 years they are combining them and hosting them in one place, thats the only difference. There will still be a new title up for grabs every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,674 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Neither did Trentin. Not a shadow of a smile on his face. ;)

Advertisement