Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday break for one?

Options
  • 11-09-2019 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

Any recommendations for somewhere safe and cheap to go with maybe a bit of sun in the winter months for one person for maybe 3 days? From Knock/Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

mickwat155 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for somewhere safe and cheap to go with maybe a bit of sun in the winter months for one person for maybe 3 days? From Knock/Dublin?

I ask this question every year and the answer is always the canaries.
    For winter sun it's the nearest and cheapest.

Defo flew out from knock once to lanzarote.Dont know do they still do it.

Flights daily from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

For such a short holiday you need a direct flight to the equator to get the sun.. It limits you to the Canaries. Maybe Morocco.

You might be happy with a city break to south Europe. You're not guaranteed great weather but it will probably be more pleasant than Ireland. I went to Alicante one January. Boring city but quite sunny with daytime temps in the mid teens.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

Check out Edinburgh no sun but a super city I’m doing a 2 nite trip on my own in Nov .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

Check out Edinburgh no sun but a super city I’m doing a 2 nite trip on my own in Nov .

I'm off next week until Friday, I do fancy Edinburgh as its my first holiday all on my own, was thinking a hostel and see would I make pals in it to do stuff.

Advertisement