Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blessington lakes

Options
  • 11-09-2019 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who has been to the bottom of the lake? Or somewhere to see pictures from Divers etc can’t find anything online
    I’d really like to see photographs or even hear from someone who was down there and what they saw.
    Reason why is because I’ve heard stories mostly drunk stories of mammoth pike down there. Absolute monsters basically patrolling the old village that grew to humungous size.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Cant answer your query but have heard the same stories about massive pike down there, the size of your leg I was told! Not sure if its an urban myth or not.

Regarding scuba, I think people have been down but not sure what clubs/people. Swimming is forbidden so scuba would probably only be done by very experienced divers.

iirc there is a poster here who rents boats for fishing on the lake, I'd imagine he might be able to help. http://www.blessingtonlakeboathire.com/
    Theres also a guy who works for the ESB and checks permits on the lake, again Id imagine he would know a lot about fishing there.

Advertisement