Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone used Apple's trade-in programme in Belfast?

Options
  • 11-09-2019 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi all,

Quick question. I'm planing on picking up an iPhone 11 Pro Max in Belfast when they are available, and I have a question.

If you go on the Apple.co.uk website, and click through to attempt to purchase an iPhone, it has details of Apple's own trade in programme. This doesn't appear on the Irish version of the site, presumably because they don't have an Irish Apple Store where you could physically have a handset inspected.

I have an iPhone X to trade in, currently nearly out of contract with Vodafone in Ireland. VF say they have no problem with me trading it in as long as I pay out the monthly payments until the contract runs out, which is fair enough. (They also helpfully reminded me to cancel the insurance on the handset if I sell it on though.)

So has anyone any experience of this trade in programme coming from the South? Can you just walk in with a handset, hand it over and get a discount on a new device? Are there any issues caused by not being resident in NI for example?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Hi all,

Quick question. I'm planing on picking up an iPhone 11 Pro Max in Belfast when they are available, and I have a question.

If you go on the Apple.co.uk website, and click through to attempt to purchase an iPhone, it has details of Apple's own trade in programme. This doesn't appear on the Irish version of the site, presumably because they don't have an Irish Apple Store where you could physically have a handset inspected.

I have an iPhone X to trade in, currently nearly out of contract with Vodafone in Ireland. VF say they have no problem with me trading it in as long as I pay out the monthly payments until the contract runs out, which is fair enough. (They also helpfully reminded me to cancel the insurance on the handset if I sell it on though.)

So has anyone any experience of this trade in programme coming from the South? Can you just walk in with a handset, hand it over and get a discount on a new device? Are there any issues caused by not being resident in NI for example?

I've done it thru London - well technically my brother who was living in London at the time did it and I paid into his account.

You need to have an NI/UK address, with proof (utility bill) and a NI/UK bank account (not sure if a revolut type card would work) to be able to access the programme. If you have a friend or relative in NI/UK you could get them to do it on your behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

You’d be better off selling this. Priced 10% lower than the rest on Adverts.ie/Facebook and it’ll be snapped up. You’ll only be ripped off by Apple or Cex etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Sterling price is now more expensive than Euro as well.

Advertisement