Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Remove broken glow plugs - Dublin

Options
  • 11-09-2019 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello - I'm looking for some recommendations on a garage who would have the expertise in removing broken glow plugs. I know that this can be a tricky job so i'm doing my research in advance on finding the right place.

Hyundai i30 2009 1.6 CRDi. I have three stuck glow plugs and the tip of another one has broken off.
    I've considered getting the cylinder head replaced but it looks like the job will cost more than the car is worth! :)

Somewhere in around south dublin would be great but willing to travel a little.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

Try this guy. Stefan is his name.

injector removal
    Cherrylodge, Cherryhound, The Ward, Co. Dublin
    087 740 9976
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/Gxu2j4sGxw6sP3Ly8

I have used him for injector removal and Glow plug removal a few times. He got the tip of one out for me on an I40 a few weeks ago.

He is mobile so can come to you also

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Mooretaxi

Lucifer wrote: »
    Try this guy. Stefan is his name.

injector removal
    Cherrylodge, Cherryhound, The Ward, Co. Dublin
    087 740 9976
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/Gxu2j4sGxw6sP3Ly8

I have used him for injector removal and Glow plug removal a few times. He got the tip of one out for me on an I40 a few weeks ago.

He is mobile so can come to you also

Would second this recommendation, he got 3 out of 4 out of a 2012 i30 for me. If you do go to him don’t forget to bring the new plugs with you

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Aaron-oc

Mooretaxi wrote: »
    Would second this recommendation, he got 3 out of 4 out of a 2012 i30 for me. If you do go to him don’t forget to bring the new plugs with you

Thanks so much both, I will give him a buzz in the next few days. I’ll be sure to have the new plugs. - - Will he be able to drill in new threads? (I assume the threads will be stripped or damaged)
    - How much roughly would this job cost?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Mooretaxi

Aaron-oc wrote: »
    Thanks so much both, I will give him a buzz in the next few days. I’ll be sure to have the new plugs. - - Will he be able to drill in new threads? (I assume the threads will be stripped or damaged)
    - How much roughly would this job cost?

Thanks again

Check donedeal and Adverts.ie for his add, I think it’s listed as injector removal. It’s about 2 years since he did the job for me, as he couldn’t get the fourth one out he charged €150 if I remember correctly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement