Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone gigabox to Asus rt- ac68u need help

Options
  • 11-09-2019 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Pulling my hair out here. I have an Asus router managing my network with loads of devices setup. The are on 192.168.2.x. I was using a three usb dongle for internet. I now have the Vodafone gigabox192.168.1.x and I want to literally just provide internet to the wan port of the Asus router from the gigabox. DHCP is on both. I don't want anything from the gigabox but the internet coming into the Asus box. What do I need to do to get this working.
    At the moment the Asus router will not get a wan IP address from the gigabox. Im back on the three dongle until I figure it out!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

You should be able to plug your ASUS router directly into the SIRO ONT port - there are quite a few posts around this ... this is one: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057707966#102675296

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

With no gigabox at all?!
    Ok
    So what I've tried is pppoe
    Account name(modemserial)@vfiffth.ie(can't remember exactly)
    Password broadband
    And setting vlan to 10 under Lan IPTV settings
    Is this correct?
    I had a look at that thread and I'm unsure if I need to do more than just pppoe, account name, password and vlan.

I should mention it's fibre not Siri. Fibre to the home.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

SIRO is fibre to the home. So is OpenEir fibre to the home. Vodafone sell both.

Caoimh1n wrote: »
    Finally got it! Thanks for all your help.

In the end to get it working, I selected PPPoE as the type. Username is the router serial number with @vfieftth.ie, and the password is broadband.

When I first tried this, using the setup wizard, it didn't work, but after setting vlan to 10, I am now only using the Asus router.

Hopefully this helps others that may want to do the same thing.

Under:
    LAN - IPTV
    Put in VID 10 for "INTERNET". Wont be any use anywhere else. This is with Manual not a profile.

Ok thanks a million I'm gonna give it another shot tomorrow, I was doubting myself.

bazery wrote: »
    Ok thanks a million I'm gonna give it another shot tomorrow, I was doubting myself.
    Said I'd better update this.
    I put in all the settings and left it to connect over night. Following day no joy. So I wrote down all the ports I'd forwarded and the static ips.
    Reset the router to factory settings and tried again.
    Bingo worked in minutes.
    Spent about 10 minutes punching it all back in and I'm up and running again. I changed back to the subnet I was using before the reset and everything is rosy.
    I had to reset the Asus mesh node I had setup aswell for some reason. But it worked after the reset.
    Delighted to be working. Thanks lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 wiliammbr

Hi guys,
    By combining the discussion here and from

, I managed to get it working on my ASUS RT-AC86U:
    Here is what I did:

• Upgraded the firmware to the latest.
    • Connected my Asus WAN port directly from the Fiber device Ethernet port.
    • Connection Type: PPPoE
    • WAN
      • Internet Connection
        • Basic config:
          WAN Connection Type: PPPoE
        • Account Settings:
          Username: Vodafone Modem Serial number@vfieftth.ie (ex. E1234AB5678901@vfieftth.ie)
          Password: broadband
    • LAN
      • IPTV
        • LAN Port:
          Select ISP Profile: Manual Setting
          Internet: VID = 10 ; PRIO = 0
        • Special Applications:
          Use DHCP routes: Disable

Hope that works for you!

Advertisement