Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor reception after recent channel updates

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TAFKAlawhec

Interesting that over the last few days Com 7 (C51) has been coming through in one of my TV sets. Even more interesting is that when I now power up the masthead amp (for CC reception only) the signal quality for C51 improves substantially whereas last week I had to turn the power from the amp off to get any signal for C51. Does this suggest that Com 7 is coming through my RTE aerial rather than one for Divis?

Assuming that a proper UHF-UHF diplexer is combining the output of both aerials into one downlead, then the answer is yes.

The installation you mention means that a K/CD diplexer is almost certainly the type in use. This means that all signals up to & including E48 are dependent upon what is received from your "Divis" aerial, while signals from E50 and up will depend on what it received from the Clermont Cairn aerial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Assuming that a proper UHF-UHF diplexer is combining the output of both aerials into one downlead, then the answer is yes.

The installation you mention means that a K/CD diplexer is almost certainly the type in use. This means that all signals up to & including E48 are dependent upon what is received from your "Divis" aerial, while signals from E50 and up will depend on what it received from the Clermont Cairn aerial.

Thank you for very informative reply. As I have intimated my CC aerial is very powerful and this fits with your explanation. I hasten to add that C51 is only coming through on one of my 2 TVs and one of my 2 PVRs. Both TVs are Sony and both PVRs are Panasonic so I think the reason may be that there is a longer cable run to the other TV and hence more signal loss.
    What I don't understand is the fact that immediately after channel frequencies change I had to ensure power to masthead amp was swithched off in order to receive C51 but now power swithched on improves C51 signal.

Advertisement