Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nioh 2

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

I've got three bosses down now and enjoying it. Is anyone else using katana? Is it just me or are they not as good as the first game

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Evade wrote: »
    I've got three bosses down now and enjoying it. Is anyone else using katana? Is it just me or are they not as good as the first game

Finished my first playthrough, i used kusarigama and ninjutsu all the way, can get quite OP when dex is high level. Now to level up all other weapons for trophies. Great game btw, improvements on the original are great.

I see the sloth talisman is single target instead of an AOE now.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Evade wrote: »
    I see the sloth talisman is single target instead of an AOE now.

Wasn't it always single target?

Wasn't it always single target?
    Looks like it was. I thought is slowed other enemies around the talismaned one too but it doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Its just ok. I'm getting bored with it and my desire to play wanes everyday. I just started the 5th region and i find it alot easier compared to the first game. Only one boss caused me trouble but i still beat him on my 4th try.

One thing i dislike is how polarized builds seem to be. With how scaling works i can't have two weapons that feel equal in strength unless i level 2 stats in tandem. The same with ways in which i should deal with enemies. I'm playing using the 2handed axe and i can fight every enemy i have encountered so far using the high stance and strong attack alone. I try to mix it up but in the back of my mind i know i will do better in all situations using high stance strong attacks. And because i have been leveling Stamina mostly no other weapon comes close to the axe so i can't even switch to my secondary weapon and make the game feel different

Having different weapons scale off different stats within the weapon class would satisfy me. Anyway, ill play it to the end and dip my toe in NG+ then go from there

• Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Double blades or double axes FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

One thing i dislike is how polarized builds seem to be. With how scaling works i can't have two weapons that feel equal in strength unless i level 2 stats in tandem. The same with ways in which i should deal with enemies. I'm playing using the 2handed axe and i can fight every enemy i have encountered so far using the high stance and strong attack alone. I try to mix it up but in the back of my mind i know i will do better in all situations using high stance strong attacks. And because i have been leveling Stamina mostly no other weapon comes close to the axe so i can't even switch to my secondary weapon and make the game feel different

Was the same for me in nioh 1,was using the chain and guardian spirt for bosses and normal attacks for everything else,really trivialised the game for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

This is deal of the week on PSN and if you buy from PSN Turkey (using disposable revolut visa) the Digitial Deluxe can be gotten for around €40.
    Seeing as the DLC alone is €25 I might sell my physical copy and chance it if I can figure out will my save be compatible - turkey is in EU region for PSN.

sweetie wrote:
    This is deal of the week on PSN and if you buy from PSN Turkey (using disposable revolut visa) the Digitial Deluxe can be gotten for around €40. Seeing as the DLC alone is €25 I might sell my physical copy and chance it if I can figure out will my save be compatible - turkey is in EU region for PSN.

Can you use revolut on psn? thought it didn't work

• Advertisement

daheadonu wrote: »
    Can you use revolut on psn? thought it didn't work

yes at the moment you can use a disposable visa. I bought a few games the other day.

Just picked it up for 30 as i had a 25% off basket code from my main account,andnoff to the backlog ot goes..

Just picked it up for 30 as i had a 25% off basket code from my main account,andnoff to the backlog ot goes..

ooh nice! I got a code on my Irish account too.
    Any idea if saves are compatible?

nah they aren't unfortunately,I'm also not sure if I can play the dlc on my main account

nah they aren't unfortunately,I'm also not sure if I can play the dlc on my main account

nah you can, as long as both main game and dlc are from same country you're fine. I bought last of us complete ed. on us store and the dlc worked.

installed this last night and my previous save is working. I guess because we are in same region (EU) as Turkish store.

That's good I've always been told it wasn't possible,maybe it's for ire to usa and the like

That's good I've always been told it wasn't possible,maybe it's for ire to usa and the like

yes, seems it works within a region (ire - turk) but not cross region (ire - usa)

Advertisement