Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips to help with all day nausea?!

Options
  • 12-09-2019 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Pretty bad nausea all day...anyone have any idea what could help. Not really interested in taking any drugs for it but any natural remedies would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭lucalux

Blingy wrote: »
    Pretty bad nausea all day...anyone have any idea what could help. Not really interested in taking any drugs for it but any natural remedies would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ginger tea can be quite good to settle the stomach, making tea with sliced peeled ginger, adding some honey or maple syrup adds sweetness and some energy, I like to add a small bit of lemon juice too but not always palatable.

There are lozenge things in chemists but i cant find the name, think theyre natural/herbal, might be worth checking out?

Other than that, dry or bland-ish foods like crackers/toast can be good, but really, if you can keep hydrated by sipping water, and eat when and whatever you can, you'd be doing your best I think.

"Morning" sickness, indeed lol, misleading at times ðŸ˜

Hope it passes for you soon

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I found mints helped. Went through packets of polos.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

I had to smacked on dry crackers or toast all day. i ate very little else for first few months.. if i got hungry Id get very sick so i found it best to snack away all day.. I eas told eat crackers before getting out of bed in the morning to stop s8ck feeling starting but i didnt find that any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I found eating regularly helped. I never let myself get hungry as the nausea got worse. Again, i ate plain things like rice cakes, cheese and crackers, couscous and actually kept crackers beside my bed for when I woke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Pressure bands and Coca Cola.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Ginger biscuits first thing before you get up , then snack on ginger biscuits during the day .

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

I found eating every 2 hours even it just salted crackers or toast helped. I was later diagnosed with hyperemis and while I know you don't want to be taking meds they are fantastic if you're that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Small portions of plain carb-heavy food worked for me. Dry bread, pasta, cereals etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Thanks everyone for the ideas. It’s definitely so much worse if I get hungry. Ice cold water I’m finding very good. Can’t really stomach hot drinks at the moment. Must get done mints though and the ginger biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Thanks everyone for the ideas. It’s definitely so much worse if I get hungry. Ice cold water I’m finding very good. Can’t really stomach hot drinks at the moment. Must get done mints though and the ginger biscuits.

I couldn’t stomach hot drinks either. I’d swear by full fat coke and polo mints! Also eating tuc before you get out of bed in the morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭EllieB

I found acupressure bands for travel sickness quite good. I’d also agree with eating little and often so your tummy never feels empty.
    Hope it passes soon x

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭odonopenmic

I wonder could you try a ginger cordial mixed with the ice cold water? I've been incredibly lucky and haven't suffered with nausea but when I have in the past that's really done the trick. You can usually pick it up in fancy food stores like Avoca but it's also easy to make by boiling up lots of root ginger with honey/sugar till it turns to syrup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

I spoke to my GP about this and he said you can get ginger tablets in the chemist
    I havent tried them yet though

For me this gets much worse when Im hungry so I just dont let myself get hungry I have smaller meals more often now and the minute I get up I eat something - I had a jaffa cake in the shower this morning :D
    I have snacks in work

Certain foods trigger it for me too
    Used to have porridge every morning and now I cant face it at all so have krispies

A girl in work lived on plain dry cream crackers for the first few months and ginger biscuits

Make sure to drink loads of water so you dont get dehydrated
    Hope you feel better soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

I found sparkling water food as I felt it helped relieve build-up of gas in tummy. That might have been in my head but I used it from about 6 weeks to 14 or 15 weeks. I was finding it hard to drink tap water or still water then so sparking worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Can’t say I miss this! I took vitamin B6 and ginger tablets and think they helped anyway. Was taking B6 from the start to prevent nausea but still got it. If I missed a few doses I did notice the difference. Eating little and often helped too. The more tired I was the worse the nausea. So plenty of sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Ssshhh1234

I found the pressure bands brilliant. I got them in the chemist called Mama Bands. Ginger biscuits 1st thing in the morning also helped. Hope it passes soon for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Thanks everyone for all the great ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭starlady1

I have had all day nausea and vommiting for a number of months during my pregnancy. None of the natural remedies worked for me and I tired everything. I did find having an empty stomach and tiredness definitely made it worse. Getting more sleep helped. Eating every hour/hour and a half helped if you can keep food down. Mints gave me some relief at times.

After 12 weeks, my consultant put me on a drug and then another one two weeks later as the first one didn't work. The second one I was on made a huge difference. I still had nausea every morning and vommiting some mornings, but the tablet stopped the nausea and vommiting during the day most days! I could eat normally and work. It came back in the evenings but it was so much better than how sick I had been. Look after yourself and don't be afraid to take the drugs if natural remedies aren't working, or you are vommiting often. They do work I couldn't have coped without them!

Advertisement