Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vuelta Stage 18 - 177.5KM

Options
  • 12-09-2019 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭

They go up a Cat 1, they come down a Cat 1, they go up a Cat 1, they come down a Cat , they go up a Cat 1, they come down a Cat 1, they go up a Cat have a false flat for a few km and then down again. Dont think we,ll get the fun of yesterday but if Movistar back Quintana it could get interesting on GC.

0d244
    A very hard stage, similar to the one in which Fabio Aru managed to overtake Dumoulin as race leader in La Vuelta 15 with only one stage left. The climbs involve the mountain passes of Navacerrada, La Morcuera on both sides, and Cotos, from where the race will continue downhill to the finish in Becerril de la Sierra.

TV
    Eurosport 11am (Live)

Highlights
    ITV4 - 7pm
    Eurosport - 8pm

Grand Tour stages should be broadcast from the start 1 vote

100%
    100% 1 vote
    No, but they should at least have video for highlights or in show play
    0% 0 votes
    Some stages should but not all
    0% 0 votes
    No way nothing exciting happens to near the end of most stages
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Bit if a ghost town here. Sam safely in relatively large grupetto (25+) at the second summit of morcuera.

cunavalos wrote: »
    Bit if a ghost town here. Sam safely in relatively large grupetto (25+) at the second summit of morcuera.

Opted not to wear the green Jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

Opted not to wear the green Jersey.

Can you opt out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭happytramp

Unfortunately break got pulled back... Could do with roglic not winning the stage for the points competition.

Can you opt out?

Yeah I think you can if you have a national/world champs jersey and you don't hold the jersey outright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Yeah I think you can if you have a national/world champs jersey and you don't hold the jersey outright.

I was wondering why Quintana was still wearing green.

Anyway, Roglic finishing second has put an end to Sam's chances of winning the points competition.

I was wondering why Quintana was still wearing green.

Anyway, Roglic finishing second has put an end to Sam's chances of winning the points competition.

If he comes 1st or 2nd tomorrow it could go right down to the wire.... Would be reliant on a large break staying away the following day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

happytramp wrote: »
    If he comes 1st or 2nd tomorrow it could go right down to the wire.... Would be reliant on a large break staying away the following day though.

And Sam could do well on Sunday.
    He still has a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

happytramp wrote: »

I think the finish tomorrow is too steep for him. I would love to be wrong though!!

I think the finish tomorrow is too steep for him. I would love to be wrong though!!

Yeah, just saw some pics there... looks steeper than the last 'sprint' stage that Gilbert won. Could be another one for big Phil.

• Advertisement
Advertisement