Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPU Upgrade from i5 3570K

Options
  • 12-09-2019 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Built my own PC a few years back with great advice from this forum. Have since upgraded the GPU to a 1070 which will likely do me for a while more.

Now looking to upgrade the CPU and looking for something that I can overclock as the i5 3570k served me well.

I have a case, GPU, monitor, keyboard and SSD. Will need a CPU, mobo, RAM and PSU. My current PSU is at the limit so will need an upgrade.

I mainly run X-Plane which is a beast for resources and I'm CPU limited. Budget of around €700.

I already have a copy of Windows purchased last time. Will I need another OEM version when I change the CPU and mobo?

Comments

Advertisement