Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Bank allow BOI mortgaged property to be rented out under the RAS Scheme

Options
  • 12-09-2019 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have an apartment. I met with a BOI advisor to discuss options for a new mortgage to buy a house and we also discussed keeping my existing property to rent out. I was told it was all possible and the bank need a valuation on the monthly rental income the apartment would generate.

I've been looking at the rental options and I'm considering the RAS scheme with the County Council. The County Council advised that they need written confirmation from my lender agreeing that I can enter the scheme to rent out the property. Is this scheme something BOI allows mortgage customers to enter in to or would I need to rent the apartment privately?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

trevorm wrote: »
    I have an apartment. I met with a BOI advisor to discuss options for a new mortgage to buy a house and we also discussed keeping my existing property to rent out. I was told it was all possible and the bank need a valuation on the monthly rental income the apartment would generate.

I've been looking at the rental options and I'm considering the RAS scheme with the County Council. The County Council advised that they need written confirmation from my lender agreeing that I can enter the scheme to rent out the property. Is this scheme something BOI allows mortgage customers to enter in to or would I need to rent the apartment privately?

Hi trevorm,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

Can we ask that you leave this query with us and we would be happy to look into this with our Mortgage team for you. Please be assured that as soon as we have a response we will come back to you here.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 2 trevorm

Hi trevorm,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

Can we ask that you leave this query with us and we would be happy to look into this with our Mortgage team for you. Please be assured that as soon as we have a response we will come back to you here.

Thanks Jen
    Sure, no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Sure, no problem

Hi trevorm,

Apologies about the delay in responding to you. We have checked this out with our Mortgage Team, as this can depend an the terms of the mortgage agreement our mortgage team have requested that you call them on 016113333 and one of our colleagues will be more than happy to discuss the details of this with you.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement