Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Hook & The Light - The Academy - Sept 13 2019

Options
  • 12-09-2019 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭

Peter Hook & The Light performing New Order albums "Technique" and "Republic" in full along with mix of other Joy Division/New Order tunes.
    Got tickets to tomorrow nights show in Dublin, really looking forward to it (except I don't think Republic deserves a full outing, especially following Technique) But, with a 30 song set list it should be a great night. Anyone going or been to him before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Yes. Haven't been before so I'm hoping Hooky doesn't murder the songs too badly! What time are they due on stage, do you know? The tickets say Doors Open 6.45.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Yes. Haven't been before so I'm hoping Hooky doesn't murder the songs too badly! What time are they due on stage, do you know? The tickets say Doors Open 6.45.

Came across this on twitter so use as a rough guide.

The stage times for Peter Hook are as follows: Joy Division Set: 20.00-20.30 Republic: 20.45-21.45 Technique: 21.55 - 22.50 Encores: 22.50 - 23.15

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭dasdog

Saw him in The Academy a couple of years ago and it was really good. Okay, the singing is a bit shyte but still. Unfortunate that it's a New Order heavy set, saw them recently and much prefer JD anyway.

Typo posted this on twitter :pac:

1845 Doors
    1930 The Light On Stage
    2030 Curfew

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Came across this on twitter so use as a rough guide.

The stage times for Peter Hook are as follows: Joy Division Set: 20.00-20.30 Republic: 20.45-21.45 Technique: 21.55 - 22.50 Encores: 22.50 - 23.15

If only the gig had gone on that long. Gig finished up at 10:15.

I think that is because the academy want the gigs over early on a weekend night so they can fill it with the night clubbers.

Advertisement