Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭apache

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Why would you chuck them out in the first place? Did you even try the games? It seems to me you bought a Switch without doing any research on it first.
    Well they were young kid's games. No interest.
    If I see something I want I usually get it. And I wanted the Switch but you're right, it was bought on a whim. I may live to regret it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

apache wrote: »
    If I see something I want I usually get it. And I wanted the Switch but you're right, it was bought on a whim. I may live to regret it.

Nintendo kit is like Apple kit in that it retains its value pretty well, so if you do decide it's not for you, you can probably make most of your outlay back by selling it on.

If you're thinking of getting rid, drop me a PM.

I actually came in here to ask where the best place is to pick up a new switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I'm 37 and have put ridiculous hours into animal crossing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭brevity

Use https://www.dekudeals.com/ to check for deals too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I'm 37 and have put ridiculous hours into animal crossing.

Just because it's for children doesn't make it any less enjoyable for adults. I got the latest two Pokemon games last year and yes very very childish I can turn my brain to kid mode and play them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I thought Animal crossing is an adult game? Half the tasks are aimed at adults.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Don't know if it's a bargain since showing as no stock at the moment, but argos has Skyward Sword at €47.99. Maybe it updates at 8 or 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

They probably don't have stock, it updates at 5am. They either have all been reserved or they didn't receive stock.

I know GameStop have yet to receive a single copy from Nintendo and aren't expecting stock until next week.

Smyths have stock of the Zelda Joycons if anyone is still looking for them.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-accessories/joy-con-pair-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-edition/p/198950

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭barryribs

Some stores have it in stock, I had to reserve it at mine for collection tomorrow

• Advertisement

Was able to reserve it in my local argos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭sue97

Thanks, reserved for collection Saturday in my local store

Reserving less than 24 hours after posting here that I wasn't planning on getting it seems about right for me. 🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD + Steelbook and Keyring is €42.49 on shopto. I didn't go through the motions of buying it, so I don't know how much shipping is

https://www.shopto.net/en/swze06-the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-hd-p1061216/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Just checked, its 6.25 shipping. Good to know they ship to Ireland. A lot of the smaller outlets are only doing UK since Brexit. I've went from not bothered about this remaster to kind of interested. Enjoyed the original and looks like some decent improvements on the experience along with slightly shinier graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Will this price go up as a result of customs also or is that price baked in do you know? I'm assuming there will be an extra customs charge which will likely negate any major saving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I think it will go up. I think they remove 20% VAT, and then Ireland adds 23% VAT to the total including shipping, but I don't know for sure.

I think it would total at €51.05 delivered if I have worked it out correctly.

https://www.shopto.net/en/legal/terms-conditions/

18. All our orders are shipped from the UK. Orders placed for shipment to countries outside UK will be charged without Tax and they may be subject to taxes, customs duties and other fees charged by the country of destination. Unfortunately we have no control over these charges and fees can vary from country to country. Please contact your local customs office if you require further information on any fees you may be liable to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

I think customs is supposed to be added at delivery. That said, I ordered THPS1&2 from Shopto and got it for about €42 with no additional customs charges.

Have Skyward Sword on the way from them as well so hoping that will be the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Two Point Hospital is going to be having a free week. You can download it now and play from the 28th to 3rd.

If like me you have been eyeing it up it is prob enough time to scratch that itch without shelling out for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Skyward Sword arrived today with key ring and steelbook (which is really nice) from Shopto without any extra charges, so that was good. Anyone know if GameStop got the accompanying the delayed Zelda/Loftwing amiibo in stock? Ordered for in store pickup but I never hear anything from them.

• Advertisement

Good to know no charges. Just checked there and they seem too have raised their shipping charges. Was 5 euro something the other day, nearly 9 euro to ship a game to Ireland now. Pity

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭VelcroGhost

I got my amiibo from Gamestop. They posted it out on Friday and I got it on Tuesday.

Nice. Collected mine in-store this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

Got my amiibo too. It had come up as 19.99 when I ordered online but was getting charged 29.99 in the end. Showed e-mail confirmation and then got the 19.99 price in the end. Now whether or not I'll open it, that's the question!

Exactly what I did! The staff were sound and sorted it out and charged me the original price. Oh and just open it, life is short, enjoy it! :)

Children of Morta 60% off on Eshop down to €8.79. Tempted to pick it up even though I have it on Game Pass, I enjoy those type of games more on Switch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Not usually my kind of game, but really enjoying Children of Morta, especially playing co-op with my son. Well worth the money. Cheers.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Its a great little game. I had only dabbled on Game Pass, didn't even get past the first boss. Picked it up on Switch and making decent progress now. Supposed to be good co-op alright. I like how the story unfolds at a decent cadence and runs dont ever feel wasted. You always seem to be making some progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Picked up darksiders 2 the other day from Amazon for like 13.50 delivered, I think the price might have went up since then

enjoyed darksiders genesis on the switch the top down action rpg so can’t wait to try the open world Zelda lite one.

something different anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Darksiders 2 is more Prince of Persia than Zelda, the first one is a competent Zelda clone though.

Advertisement