Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Grandia collection better be in that sale or else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,295 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

You know what'll happen with those free games. When people are selling their Switch in the future, they'll list off all these free games as part of their bundle. In fairness, it won't be as bad as how I see people on the likes of Adverts, listing games like Fortnite, Warframe, etc in the hope of duping some unsuspecting customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

sligeach wrote: »
    You know what'll happen with those free games. When people are selling their Switch in the future, they'll list off all these free games as part of their bundle. In fairness, it won't be as bad as how I see people on the likes of Adverts, listing games like Fortnite, Warframe, etc in the hope of duping some unsuspecting customer.

caveat emptor

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭hdl

Quick question about the Robonauts, etc downloads. Have a Switch here for son for Christmas, set it up and created his account. Also created an account for myself. I've downloaded today's game using his account, do I need to download it again to my account, or is the download useable by any account on the one Switch?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

When people are selling their Switch in the future, they'll list off all these free games as part of their bundle.

You only left out the 4-6 exclamation points.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

hdl wrote: »
    Quick question about the Robonauts, etc downloads. Have a Switch here for son for Christmas, set it up and created his account. Also created an account for myself. I've downloaded today's game using his account, do I need to download it again to my account, or is the download useable by any account on the one Switch?

Should be usable by any account on the Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭hdl

Fysh wrote: »

Thanks. It did seem that way, but I've never used a Switch before so just wanted to check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,475 ✭✭✭RedXIV

You can get back on the chain by buying robonauts and then claiming the rest free on each day. It's less than £1 on the UK site at the moment, so not a bad deal.

Edit: the terms are a bit unclear on this, but the above is true if you start the chain and then miss a game so tbh for around €1 it's worth a try...

Just to confirm, this worked for me

Pardon my ignorance but I thought the games were tied to the account and not the Switch? Is that not how it works? Or am I being a div?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Pardon my ignorance but I thought the games were tied to the account and not the Switch? Is that not how it works? Or am I being a div?

I think you can delete the accounts, but the games will stay on the console. So you can create another profile?
    Or maybe change the owner profile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Mr E wrote: »
    Did you set up a nintendo account for him and download robonauts in the last 5 days?
    If not, you've broken the chain and can't get any of the free games this week (unless they extended the robonauts free period)

Setup the account and clicked download/purchase on the Nintendo website. The console hasn't been powered on yet.
    Are they strict about having the actual software package on the device, or is simply purchasing via the website enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭snowstreams

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Setup the account and clicked download/purchase on the Nintendo website. The console hasn't been powered on yet.
    Are they strict about having the actual software package on the device, or is simply purchasing via the website enough?

I had to power on my sons switch and actually start the download of the colouring book before the robonauts game became free.
    So I'm assuming its the same for the other games.
    My plan is to power it on every second day.
    Today I clicked geki yaba runner, but I wont download it until tomorrow evening, then I'll download the two games and so on.

EDIT: I think I had to plug in the joy cons the first time I turned it on. But it still packed away neatly after.

It looks like you don't need to have downloaded the previous game to continue the chain. You just need to buy it for free on the Nintendo store.
    I just got puzzle book there now without downloading the runner game.
    Anyway even if you miss a game, it seems that are discounting each of them down to 1€

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Puzzle Book (the next free game in the Qubic offer) is available now.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/Puzzle-Book-1658084.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭panevthe3rd

sugarman wrote: »
    Balls missed Puzzle Book and One Strike is showing up as €4.99.

Same as you.

Puzzle Book was showing up as 99 cent so I bought it with my gold coins. One Strike showed up as free once I did that. Hopefully I have restored the chain of free titles.

Would it be possible to change timezonehttps://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/ so it's still Tuesday?
    Or is that not an option.

Yeah, I was wondering if you were flying back to the US for holidays, and changed your region (But lose any credit on account I think).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Same as you.

Puzzle Book was showing up as 99 cent so I bought it with my gold coins. One Strike showed up as free once I did that. Hopefully I have restored the chain of free titles.

I just did the same!
    Puzzle Book was only 3c with my gold coins and it restored the chain!
    One Strike was free!

One strike will be discounted tomorrow, probably for a euro.
    The same way they discounted puzzle book to 1€ today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭jj880

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I just did the same!
    Puzzle Book was only 3c with my gold coins and it restored the chain!
    One Strike was free!

Some good games so far

One Strike isnt great tho - will probably delete it once i have all the games

Looking forward to Rekt on the 22nd

jj880 wrote: »
    Some good games so far

One Strike isnt great tho - will probably delete it once i have all the games

Looking forward to Rekt on the 22nd

I don't think you need to keep the games on your switch to complete the chain once you have owned them once (for free or not)
    I don't want the violent ones anyway. So I'll test this idea out this evening for tomorrow's game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I'm going to be away from the house for a few days next week, but not bringing the console with me, can I still claim the games via the website or does it have to be the console?

mrcheez wrote: »
    I'm going to be away from the house for a few days next week, but not bringing the console with me, can I still claim the games via the website or does it have to be the console?

You can still claim them through the eshop. That worked for me anyway. Then the games were all queued up when I turned the switch on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I don't think you need to keep the games on your switch to complete the chain once you have owned them once (for free or not)
    I don't want the violent ones anyway. So I'll test this idea out this evening for tomorrow's game.

So I grabbed One Strike this morning to keep the chain going. However, this is rated 16. My kids are well under that. They're logins are set up as part of my family and on the Nintendo security app, I have it set so they can only play games up to age 13. I assume therefore, they won't be able to play this one? I plan to delete it when I've completed the chain anyway.

TinCool wrote: »
    So I grabbed One Strike this morning to keep the chain going. However, this is rated 16. My kids are well under that. They're logins are set up as part of my family and on the Nintendo security app, I have it set so they can only play games up to age 13. I assume therefore, they won't be able to play this one? I plan to delete it when I've completed the chain anyway.

I was playing 18 rated games like NARC in the arcades at the age of 9 and I turned out OK (except for that one time on a plane with a machine gun), so I'd say games rated 16 are fine.

I think most games on Nintendo would be fairly tame unless they are 18 perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

mrcheez wrote: »
    I was playing 18 rated games like NARC in the arcades at the age of 9 and I turned out OK (except for that one time on a plane with a machine gun), so I'd say games rated 16 are fine.

I think most games on Nintendo would be fairly tame unless they are 18 perhaps.

Fair enough, but that doesn't answer my question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It should prevent them from being able to play it, but no harm to test it under one of their profiles, just to be sure, and for your own peace of mind!

Thanks for posting each game each day guys I'm not able to keep up

Probably much cheaper online but anyone needing one quick it's a good price

64gb micro sd for €11.99

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&productId=686650

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭chonix

Probably much cheaper online but anyone needing one quick it's a good price

64gb micro sd for €11.99

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&productId=686650
    to pick up in store, yeah, it's a good price, however I ordered this yesterday:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073JYC4XM
    128 Gb - £12.95

TinCool wrote: »

You could log into the switch and delete the game before it finishes downloading. The chain should still continue fine.
    You just need to own the game on the store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

What’s this chain thing? If you keep downloading free games you keep getting points or more free games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A free game every day for 10 days as long as you downloaded the previous free game. Miss one and the chain breaks (game isn't free).

You can catch up by buying the earlier games (which have deep discounts at the moment).

chonix wrote: »
    to pick up in store, yeah, it's a good price, however I ordered this yesterday:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073JYC4XM
    128 Gb - £12.95

nice spot! Ordered one myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Quick question, if i need another sd card after the first is full. Can you just swap sd cards and interchange between them like keep some the data on 1 card and keep on going with the new card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Quick question, if i need another sd card after the first is full. Can you just swap sd cards and interchange between them like keep some the data on 1 card and keep on going with the new card?

I think cards are tied to the switch. So as long as you are using two cards on the one switch it should work.

You can't move a card to a new switch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I think cards are tied to the switch. So as long as you are using two cards on the one switch it should work.

You can't move a card to a new switch.

Cheers, it will be the same switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Cheers, it will be the same switch.
    Should be fine. My 128gb card is almost full, just ordered another one. Will put bigger file size downloads on the new card - Warframe and future big file downloads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭jj880

Really like this game - never played anything like it

Must try the co-op mode later

Goddamnit, forgot to get One Strike because of Xmas party XD

thankfully it's 0.99 for me to jump back on... "the chaiiiiin keeps us together"

You'll see a proper IE site appear the day Brexit is confirmed. The domain already exists, redirecting to Amazon UK atm, and they've opened up Prime to Irish accounts. If I'm not mistaken no other territory has Prime without a regional Amazon site.
    Suckit wrote: »
    They have already ruled that out, unless they are going to change their mind. The ie domain was vacant for a long time. I believe they purchased it for business/tax reasons maybe.

They may use it like amazon.nl, either way I wouldn't be banking on amazon.ie anytime soon.
    Looks like they are doing a u-turn on Ireland. They had said that the Irish market was too small, so maybe they monitored it and changed their mind, either way it's good news.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/1219/1102071-amazon-dublin-warehouse-report/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Grandia collection better be in that sale or else

Sale is live now and Grandia is down to €28.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Definitely some good offers in the sale. Assassin's Creed 3 for €15 got me, as did Divinity II, Sayonara Wildhearts and Monster Boy. Just over €60 for the lot while using my gold points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭skerry

Definitely some good offers in the sale. Assassin's Creed 3 for €15 got me, as did Divinity II, Sayonara Wildhearts and Monster Boy. Just over €60 for the lot while using my gold points

Picked up Divinity on Xbox a few weeks back and loving it so far. If Switch version had cross save with Xbox I'd be very tempted, great game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Didn't realize Ashen was on Switch (and 20% off). Lovely art style and I enjoyed it on GamePass.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I gave up scrolling through the Sales tab on the eShop as there is so much trash in the eShop its drowning out good deals.
    From my wishlist nothing is really tempting me, I might try the Banner Saga for €5 but I was hoping Slay the Spire & Return of the Obra Dinn would be on sale.

Today's free QubicGames game is:
    Koloro

Pro Joy-Con Charging Grip is £11.75 on amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073X4V4V4/

• Advertisement
Advertisement