Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Title Content Type Discount Sale Start Date Sale End Date
    Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    (Nintendo) Game – Dual Distribution 33% off 02/01/2020, 15:00 CET 12/01/2020, 23:59 local time
    Yoshi’s Crafted World
    (Nintendo) Game – Dual Distribution 33% off 02/01/2020, 15:00 CET 12/01/2020, 23:59 local time
    Super Mario Party
    Mario Tennis Aces
    Splatoon 2
    Fitness Boxing
    (Nintendo) Game – Dual Distribution 30% off 02/01/2020, 15:00 CET 12/01/2020, 23:59 local time
    Dragon Quest XI S – Echoes of an Elusive Age
    OCTOPATH TRAVELER
    (Nintendo) Game – Dual Distribution 40% off 02/01/2020, 15:00 CET 12/01/2020, 23:59 local time
    Overwatch: Legendary Edition
    (Nintendo) Game – Dual Distribution 30% off 02/01/2020, 15:00 CET 12/01/2020, 23:59 local time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Hope it’s alright to ask here, but does anyone know of any stand out deals for the Switch Console?

Don’t mind buying in store or online!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭chonix

marko93 wrote: »
    Hope it’s alright to ask here, but does anyone know of any stand out deals for the Switch Console?

Don’t mind buying in store or online!
    Which one: the old model? the new one? the lite version?

chonix wrote: »
    Which one: the old model? the new one? the lite version?

Apologies, that was an oversight on my behalf not including that vital piece of information :pac:

Looking for the New Version of the Switch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was in Tesco last night and spotted this offer. Cheapest I've seen it.
    Original Switch, not the refreshed redbox version.

I24Ya6j.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

marko93 wrote: »
    Apologies, that was an oversight on my behalf not including that vital piece of information :pac:

Looking for the New Version of the Switch!

There's really no major difference between the Switch 1.0 and 1.1, bar the battery and slightly improved loading times (and this is very slight) - at 100e difference with the offer below, going for 1.0 would be my option.

It really depends on if you're planning to be primarily docked or portable. I updated to 1.1, but I am 99% portable and travel a bit.

Mr E wrote: »

I24Ya6j.jpg?1

I've two large enough tescos within driving distance of me, I must give them a call today to see if they've these in stock!
    chrislad wrote: »
    There's really no major difference between the Switch 1.0 and 1.1, bar the battery and slightly improved loading times (and this is very slight) - at 100e difference with the offer below, going for 1.0 would be my option.

It really depends on if you're planning to be primarily docked or portable. I updated to 1.1, but I am 99% portable and travel a bit.

While I'm not entirely sure, I'd imagine it will be used mostly docked with some travelling so saving that 100€ for games would be sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭chonix

Plus potential homebrew (as 1.0 is "hackable") - https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/getting_started/
    If you don't mind that, then, the price is good. I'd appreciate if you want to share if your local tesco had that version so I might pick one up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Mega Man 11 is 15 quid according to my deku deals notification.

Is it any good ?

Also you can put your wishlist on deku deals and get notified of sales ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Fe is €4.99 and Unravel 2 is €7.99 (sale ends today)

Anyone played either of those?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Suckit wrote: »

Played Fe. Didn't enjoy it. Very forgettable. Played the first Unravelled game and was a fan. Heard good things about the sequel but haven't played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Really liked Unravel 2, a very relaxing experience.

Perfect for a commute to work, and well worth the money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Unravel 2 is great, co-op is great fun. As is single player. For that money well worth it.

Fe not so much, lost interest very quickly.

Bought Unravel 2
    Thank you all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Has anyone played Cities: Skylines? It’s discounted on the eShop until Jan 9 for €15.99 (a generous 60% saving on the €39.99 RRP). I think it might have some technical flaws but for that price it seems worth buying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Really liked Unravel 2, a very relaxing experience.

Perfect for a commute to work, and well worth the money

Just checked the trailer video for Unravel Two. Needless to say, I didn’t delay in pressing that “Proceed to purchase” button. Looks wonderful, can’t wait to try it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Has anyone played Cities: Skylines? It’s discounted on the eShop until Jan 9 for €15.99 (a generous 60% saving on the €39.99 RRP). I think it might have some technical flaws but for that price it seems worth buying.

Had it on the wish list so jumped the other day when I saw the price reduction, it’s pretty good & probably worth the €15-odd. I’ve just been messing around in it mostly so far but I’m sure there’s a lot of stuff cut back in it & there is a definite slow-down in the game where I am now. Population has reached about 15000 (which isn’t massive!) & anything I do now gives a little stutter & music pause. Still a nice game for the €15 though!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Where is the best place to buy Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
    Got a switch for Christmas need to kit it out now. Also any good suggestions for SD Cards.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Where is the best place to buy Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
    Got a switch for Christmas need to kit it out now. Also any good suggestions for SD Cards.

Thanks

Not sure about Zelda but got a pair of these cards in the last few days (they we down to 12 I think at the time though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I bought it for €40 a while back and thought it was good value at that. So impressive what they can do in the cities. They get huge. I really enjoyed it anyway. It can be a small bit fiddly, and i'd have loved touch controls but otherwise lots of fun.

You have me thinking about it again i must boot it back up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bought Vampyr Yooka Kayle impossible and FIFA 20 more for the backlog

Bought Vampyr Yooka Kayle impossible and FIFA 20 more for the backlog

Impossible lair is really good and good vakue. Started it but ... It's now on my backlog. Takes ages to start up. I thought it'd crashed. But loading times are fine after that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Not as good as the Tesco deal but Argos have a sae on Switch consoles ATM for €265 (or 287 with a £30 eshop credit)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭jj880

Got Unravel 2 also on Monday - it's a great game.

Me and my son are about half way through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The Ninja Saviors: Return of the Warriors for Switch - £14.95 (£2 post to Ireland) on The Game Collection.

https://www.thegamecollection.net/the-ninja-saviours-return-of-the-warriors-switch/?sqr=ninja%20sav&

Lowest price it's been by far. Amazon have it for £24.30.

Great game.

Grim Fandango Remastered for the Switch is €3.25

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sugimomo

I24Ya6j.jpg?1

I have been looking to buy a switch the last week and cannot find them anywhere! Thanks so much for posting, will check out a few tescos in Galway to see if they have them.

Any other shops you think might sell them that would not be obvious?
    I have tried Smyths, Argos, Gamestop (Only used), Currys and littlewoods but they are all out of stock.

I don't mind getting the 1.0 or 1.1.

Thanks again!

I24Ya6j.jpg?1

Following up on this, the only large stores near me were Maynooth and Liffey Valley

Maynooth had this Switch in stock but it was 329.99
    Liffey Valley apparently don't carry items like the Switch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Grim Fandango Remastered for the Switch is €3.25

It's a LONG time since I've hopped on something so quickly. My Gold points brought this down to €1.72 also, absolute bargain.

• Advertisement

Aladdin and Lion King back up to €34.99 still taking €5 off for click and collect, not worth €30 but just a heads up if anyone was thinking of going for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Aladdin and Lion King back up to €34.99 still taking €5 off for click and collect, not worth €30 but just a heads up if anyone was thinking of going for it.

Bought this for me little one. Greatest load of ****e of a game.

Is it worth bringing into GameStop and trying to trade it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Bought this for me little one. Greatest load of ****e of a game.

Is it worth bringing into GameStop and trying to trade it

It's worth 50% vs a preorder(€30-35) or €18 trade in GameStop atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone bought from the Argentinian eshop? They have some very cheap games there at the moment. Was wondering what payment option people use

Links awakening is 36 stg on Amazon UK which is about 42 euro. This is the cheapest I've seen it physical. And at bit closer to what it's actually worth :)

Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening - Nintendo Switch Standard Edition https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SMRLNJH

Also astral chain at 38 stg.

Astral Chain (Nintendo Switch) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07NSPWK88

• Advertisement

And a legend of Zelda pouch for your ds / 3ds. 9 quid stg for the Zelda fan in your life ... Gets great reviews for what it is ...

The Legend of Zelda: Adventurer's Pouch Kit (Nintendo 3DS XL/3DS/DSi XL/DSi) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B014MR3Q0W

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Is there anything in particular required for setting up purchasing from US or other eshops?

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Is there anything in particular required for setting up purchasing from US or other eshops?

Follow instructions here:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=112205897#post112205897

The person I was helping did have trouble, but I've used that site with no issues. Read the handful of posts after mine.

Devolver Digital sale now on until Jan 17th. I have most of these games already. :)
    USA eshop only (for now) - I just checked.

Ape Out – $7.49 (was $14.99)
    Broforce – $3.74 (was $14.99)
    Crossing Souls – $7.49 (was $14.99)
    Downwell – $1.49 (was $2.99)
    Enter the Gungeon – $7.49 (was $14.99)
    Gato Roboto – $3.99 (was $7.99)
    Gris – $8.49 (was $16.99)
    Heave Ho – $6.99 (was $9.99)
    Hotline Miami Collection – $12.49 (was $24.99)
    I Hate Running Backwards – $3.74 (was $14.99)
    Katana Zero – $9.74 (was $14.99)
    Minit – $4.99 (was $9.99)
    Mother Russia Bleeds – $3.74 (was $14.99)
    My Friend Pedro – $13.99 (was $19.99)
    Not a Hero: Super Snazzy Edition – $2.59 (was $12.99)
    Pikuniku – $6.49 (was $12.99)
    Reigns: Game of Thrones – $1.99 (was $3.99)
    Reigns: Kings & Queens – $3.99 (was $7.99)
    The Messenger – $11.99 (was $19.99)
    The Red Strings Club – $7.49 (was $14.99)
    The Swords of Ditto: Mormo’s Curse – $7.49 (was $14.99)

Big 3ds reductions in Argos very little stock availability in greater Dublin area €5.99 for Bravely Second limited edition crazy prices you can search yourselves but as I said not much if anything in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Big 3ds reductions in Argos very little stock availability in greater Dublin area €5.99 for Bravely Second limited edition crazy prices you can search yourselves but as I said not much if anything in Dublin.

I saw all the 3ds games in Smyths Carrickmines with sold out stickers on them.

Et Tu Argos ?

Really advise 3ds fans to grab those Nintendo selects etc while they are still cheap and around.

I want a link between worlds on switch !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Managed to pick up a few bargains in my localish Argos. Lucky enough to get last copy of Bravely Second Deluxe for 5.99. Looked online and seen the price its selling for and quickly decided to never ever open it :D

Picked up a few games to trade to CeX so all in I got Bravely Second Deluxe, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for around 3 euro :D

VFmFmIn.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,913 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Nice! I don't even have a 3DS, but I'd buy that Collector's Edition for the statue/book and sell the game in Cex for €11 :D

Damn couldn't even get Mario Luigi or Fire Emblem myself

I tried checking the Argos website...gave up. Total mess.

I tried checking the Argos website...gave up. Total mess.

Yep, it's a WTF website.

I think there is a stock checker for argos Ireland for chrome. I am not 100% about that, I think I remember seeing one, but it may also be written by Witnessmenow, so may no longer work also.

Edited

There are three.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/argos%20ireland?hl=en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I think there is a stock checker for argos Ireland for chrome. I am not 100% about that, I think I remember seeing one, but it may also be written by Witnessmenow, so may no longer work also.

Edited

There are three.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/argos%20ireland?hl=en

Just use http://checkargos.com

Can check stock in up to 20 stores.

Just use http://checkargos.com

Can check stock in up to 20 stores.

I couldn't check it myself. Thought they may have been something like that, but thought there was one that was pointing to argos or was not linking to checkargos.

All those options stopped working for me a long time ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement