Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Check Argos is dead just before Christmas I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Preorder Animal Crossing New Horizons at Smyths.
    5 quid off if you collect in store + sticker sheet + notepad.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/coming-soon-nintendo/coming-soon-nintendo-switch/animal-crossing-new-horizons-nintendo-switch/p/172767

Not really any kind of bargain ... but nice for AC fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I am absolutely deva I missed Bravely Second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Picked up mario rabbids incl all DLC for 20 bucks on the 'murkun eshop. Might finally get around to playing it some time this year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I am absolutely deva I missed Bravely Second

I wanted to get a 3DS game but the sting of it being out of stock only lasted for the amount of time it took me to realise I don't even play my 3DS anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭baldshin

Anyone based around Navan looking for Bravely Second Special edition at cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sydney Hunter and the Curse of the Mayan is half price (just under a fiver I think).
    Great game, NES style with a Shovel Knight vibe (lots of hidden areas and collectables) and it's a good challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭writetojd

baldshin wrote: »
    Anyone based around Navan looking for Bravely Second Special edition at cost?
    Cool, if you have one to spare I'd be interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Not sure if this has been posted before but Bloodstained is 23.99 in Argos: https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1302336/Trail/searchtext%3EBLOODSTAINED.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been posted before but Bloodstained is 23.99 in Argos: https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1302336/Trail/searchtext%3EBLOODSTAINED.htm

Nice price and there is an incoming patch very soon too iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

3 games for €111 on Amazon.de now.

Games included are Mario Kart 8, Pokemon Sword, Mario & Sonic Olympics, Smash Ultimate, Brain Training, Minecraft, Mario Maker 2, Odyssey, Splatoon 2, FIFA 20, Tropical Freeze, Yoshi's Crafted World, Capitan Toad, Tokyo Mirage Encore, Civ 6 and a lot more.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/promotion/landingpage/A310UB0INF4J57?ie=UTF8&ref_=plp_pc_rd_A310UB0INF4J57

Some good games there and I'm pretty tempted by a few. Was it 5 games for €150 the last time though?

I believe I can flyyyy

NBA 2K20 for Switch €28 in Argos

TitianGerm wrote: »
    3 games for €111 on Amazon.de now.

Games included are Mario Kart 8, Pokemon Sword, Mario & Sonic Olympics, Smash Ultimate, Brain Training, Minecraft, Mario Maker 2, Odyssey, Splatoon 2, FIFA 20, Tropical Freeze, Yoshi's Crafted World, Capitan Toad, Tokyo Mirage Encore, Civ 6 and a lot more.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/promotion/landingpage/A310UB0INF4J57?ie=UTF8&ref_=plp_pc_rd_A310UB0INF4J57

Some good games there and I'm pretty tempted by a few. Was it 5 games for €150 the last time though?

Thanks for that. Too good to pass up. Seems to be an annual amazon de thing.

Ordered Yoshi, Pokémon and Smash.
    Will sell/trade smash 'cause we've got it already.
    Pokémon will be a birthday present for daughter.
    Was looking for a cheaper Yoshi.

There was a 5 game and a 3 game offer before.
    5 game offer was for cheaper games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭chonix

nintendoo wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Too good to pass up. Seems to be an annual amazon de thing.

Ordered Yoshi, Pokémon and Smash.
    Will sell/trade smash 'cause we've got it already.
    Pokémon will be a birthday present for daughter.
    Was looking for a cheaper Yoshi.

There was a 5 game and a 3 game offer before.
    5 game offer was for cheaper games.
    Gutted there's no BoTw there, will have to wait. Tempted to Pick the Sonic Olympics game, Xenoblades and Yoshi's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,913 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

It only saved me €10 when I got to checkout so I guess it's only really worth it for the high priced items.

If Luigi Mansion was in it I'd probably go for it, but gonna pass for now.

chonix wrote: »
    Gutted there's no BoTw there, will have to wait. Tempted to Pick the Sonic Olympics game, Xenoblades and Yoshi's.

They could add more, they did before, but the others might sell out. I have my German BOTW from before. Still the best game ever! You could always get an expensive first party game in the list and sell/trade for BOTW either straight away or later. I think Smash seems to hold its price over time. For some reason.

(Edit)
    Although looking at CEX right now I see a 15 quid deficit on trade from smash to botw.

Disclsimer: assuming CEX still taking German packaged games.

Good offer one that peaks my interest is Tokyo Mirage but Argos will have it for €48.99 tomorrow so I think I'll just buy it there instead.

All this buying games to trade in to save money is a younger man's game I'm tired Jerry tired and angry.

Good offer one that peaks my interest is Tokyo Mirage but Argos will have it for €48.99 tomorrow so I think I'll just buy it there instead.

All this buying games to trade in to save money is a younger man's game I'm tired Jerry tired and angry.

Wise words !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Two of the Hori arcade controls are on sale on amazon France and Spain
    HORI Real Arcade Pro - Street Fighter Classic Arcade Edition is €99.35 on amazon France https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07STLTNR5
    HORI Fighting Stick Mini - Street Fighter II Ryu & Ken Edition €39.95 on amazon Spain https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07SRWZFD8

• Advertisement

Gunman Clive HD Collection

1.99 at the moment

Remember playing the original on my phone, enjoying it and thinking it'd be a whole lot better with physical controls. Thank you switch!

A Good indie developee created this.
    Nice to support the good guys out there !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I see that The Way Remastered is on sale for £0.89 on the UK eshop. Is it worth picking up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭jj880

Fysh wrote: »
    I see that The Way Remastered is on sale for £0.89 on the UK eshop. Is it worth picking up?

I got flashback a while back and loved it - this looks similar - cant go far wrong at that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Hi all,
    Where's the best place to pick up a "new" 3DS XL new or used? Shocked how they are holding their value.
    Thanks.

CeX unboxed New 3ds XL Monster Hunter silver edition unboxed for €125 + postal charges unless you're near the stores that have stock.

https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=04549650nxlmh02&categoryName=3ds-consoles&superCatName=gaming&title=new-3ds-xl-monster-hunter-4-ed.-%28no-game%29-unboxed

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Hi all,
    Where's the best place to pick up a "new" 3DS XL new or used? Shocked how they are holding their value.
    Thanks.

Have a look on Facebook market place you could did a good deal on a 2nd hand one,

But it’s nuts how the price is holding I paid 150 I think for my new 3ds xl from amazon Germany 4 years ago !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

I'll be buying a switch in the next few months, I'm in no rush currently as I'm working through a crazy backlog on the 3ds. Would it be worth picking up a few games in the 3 for 111eur sales on amazon or are there frequent sales? The games would be games I'll 100% be buying later in the year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Smyths had them plus digital Mario Kart for €110 in the run-up to Christmas. I was so tempted to buy one myself, but resisted. I kind of regret that now. I know it's silly, but had it been €99 or €100 I probably would have bought it. Anyway, they're gone now. :(

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111949443&postcount=569

Xaniaj wrote: »
    I'll be buying a switch in the next few months, I'm in no rush currently as I'm working through a crazy backlog on the 3ds. Would it be worth picking up a few games in the 3 for 111eur sales on amazon or are there frequent sales? The games would be games I'll 100% be buying later in the year!

Nintendo first party physical games are rarely on sale. Worth picking up Mario kart, Mario odyssey and Mario maker 2. Brilliant games. Or Smash if you like smash. Basically you're getting a game for free.

sugarman wrote: »
    It looks like they've been quietly discontinued with the release of the Switch lite.

Most sites / shops have pulled listings and display. Nowhere has any in stock.

Same as you, I stupidly held off on the one in Smyths :(

You can get a new 2ds xl from Amazon de for about 137 delivered if you really want one.
    Nintendo 2DS XL Weiß + Orange https://www.amazon.de/dp/B071HBQGNX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_IvfjEbSFZT0EV

Amazon Italy have the yellow picachu one for a lot less from 3rd party sellers, but they don't ship directly to Ireland. So maybe parcel motel or whatever ???

• Advertisement

Nintendo first party physical games are rarely on sale. Worth picking up Mario kart, Mario odyssey and Mario maker 2. Brilliant games. Or Smash if you like smash. Basically you're getting a game for free.

Ya, that's my thinking! Just read that mediamarkt is doing a similar sale but with a bigger collection!

Ya, that's my thinking! Just read that mediamarkt is doing a similar sale but with a bigger collection!

Yes, seems so! They've got botw too.

https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/shop/3fuer111.html

Yes, seems so! They've got botw too.

https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/shop/3fuer111.html

Ya, I'll have to restrict myself to 3 which is crazy enough for a console I don't yet own!! Thanks!

Ya, I'll have to restrict myself to 3 which is crazy enough for a console I don't yet own!! Thanks!

With Mario kart , odyssey and breath of the wild you won't need any other console :)

I've never used that company ... Media markt ... So maybe double check etc etc before you order. Amazon app is great for Amazon de as it's in English .. and easy to use , but the selection on media markt is way better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just ordered Kirby, Tropical Freeze and Dragon Quest... hopefully it'll turn up!
    Suggests it'll be here by Friday... We shall see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭jj880

Fysh wrote: »

I think it is worth getting - ive done a few levels

Its harder than flashback - some of the puzzles take a while to figure out

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just ordered Kirby, Tropical Freeze and Dragon Quest... hopefully it'll turn up!
    Suggests it'll be here by Friday... We shall see...

Out of interest, how did you manage to fill in the postal details ?
    It looks like it's needs a German postal code.

(edit)
    Doh - If I register first then buy ... rather than buying directly from shopping cart ...

Hmmm
    "Delivery is only possible within Germany."

Anyway ... I've enough of a backlog :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Crap. Those 3 for 111 deals have ended. Missed out. :(

Astral chain is 38 stg ; but not really shipping until close to Brexit !
    Sounds like a JPRG story line!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-1002032-Astral-Chain-Switch/dp/B07NSPWK88

• Advertisement

PDP Nintendo Pikachu Wired Smash Pad Pro is €14.08 + shipping €19.85 delivered for one.
    https://www.amazon.es/gp/offer-listing/B07GXB9GW9

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Out of interest, how did you manage to fill in the postal details ?
    It looks like it's needs a German postal code.

(edit)
    Doh - If I register first then buy ... rather than buying directly from shopping cart ...

Hmmm
    "Delivery is only possible within Germany."

Anyway ... I've enough of a backlog :)

I could use my Irish address, they took the order and the money...
    The postal code was just 0000!
    But I'll wait and see if they ship it, if not it'll be refund time

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I could use my Irish address, they took the order and the money...
    The postal code was just 0000!
    But I'll wait and see if they ship it, if not it'll be refund time
    If they don't, you can change address to mailboxde.com. Which would be free shipping to that address. Their shipping charges are very decent imo. They also offer consolidating (€10 per year), which is handy as you can leave them there and add other items.
    I don't think a few more games would change the price of shipping (roughly €10) but after maybe 8 games in total it might go up to €15ish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Doodah7

For anyone looking for a 2DS XL, Amazon are having a Warehouse sale with 20% off. There is a Black and Lime one for £103.87 after discount which seems a good price. Description is Used - Very Good which with Amazon can be anything from mint to average. It seems to be pot luck. From reading elsewhere, if it is in fairly poor condition on arrival, Customer Chat usually give an additional discount.

Might help a Boardsie in need!!

Here's better ... A new ...

2ds XL about 116 delivered from Amazon de right now.

Nintendo 2DS XL Weiß + Orange https://www.amazon.de/dp/B071HBQGNX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Here's better ... A new ...

2ds XL about 116 delivered from Amazon de right now.

Nintendo 2DS XL Weiß + Orange https://www.amazon.de/dp/B071HBQGNX

And I will raise you a warehouse deal of €102 with 20% off making it c.€80 in the same colour!!

• Advertisement

It'll have a European ac adapter though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,913 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Toss in a €2 adapter to the order :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Don't think it ships with any adapter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yep that's correct, its just the USB cable (from having bought one myself last year).

It's a new boxed shrink wrapped etc etc 2ds XL. It comes with a European power supply. You probably already have an adapter. It's region locked to Europe/Australia. So, there should be no compatibility issues. I remember getting a 3ds from France once and it was fine. But please double Google check before you order.

Isn't the warehouse deal 2nd hand ... And also what guarantee do you have after Brexit ???

It's going to be complicated after bloody Brexit

Nintendo life unboxing with European adapter :)
    https://youtu.be/DCKF1Q6KDrs

• Advertisement
Advertisement