Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

nintendoo wrote: »
    It's a new boxed shrink wrapped etc etc 2ds XL. It comes with a European power supply. You probably already have an adapter. It's region locked to Europe/Australia. So, there should be no compatibility issues. I remember getting a 3ds from France once and it was fine. But please double Google check before you order.

Isn't the warehouse deal 2nd hand ... And also what guarantee do you have after Brexit ???

It's going to be complicated after bloody Brexit

Nintendo life unboxing with European adapter :)
    https://youtu.be/DCKF1Q6KDrs

None of the 3ds xl or new 3ds/2ds models shipped with power supplies.

My black/turquoise new 2ds xl came with an ac adapter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

If you are buying a 2ds XL then note that Amazon Germany and Italy have the selects for about 20 euro. Eg animal crossing , Luigi mansion 2 , Mario 3d land , a link between worlds. I see these else where at inflated prices.

All should be multi language but double Google check before you buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nicalis are having a sale in Europe at the minute, it runs until 5th February.

Game Title Discount Current Price (EU)
    Blade Strangers 50% £17.99
    Cave Story+ 66% £8.99
    Code of Princess EX 50% £17.99
    Crystal Crisis 50% £8.99
    Ikaruga 33% £9.00
    Redout 50% £17.99
    RemiLore 50% £17.99
    The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ 50% £17.99
    The End Is Nigh 33% £9.00
    Tiny Barbarian DX 66% £8.99
    Umihara Kawase Fresh! 50% £17.49
    VVVVVV 50% £4.49

The table didn't turn out as I expected, but, meh, you get the idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭Ryath

sligeach wrote: »
    Nicalis are having a sale in Europe at the minute, it runs until 5th February.

Game Title| Discount| Current Price (EU)
    Blade Strangers| 50%| £17.99
    Cave Story+| 66%| £8.99
    Code of Princess EX| 50%| £17.99
    Crystal Crisis| 50%| £8.99
    Ikaruga| 33%| £9.00
    Redout| 50%| £17.99
    RemiLore| 50%| £17.99
    The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+| 50%| £17.99
    The End Is Nigh| 33%| £9.00
    Tiny Barbarian DX| 66%| £8.99
    Umihara Kawase Fresh!| 50%| £17.49
    VVVVVV| 50%| £4.49

The table didn't turn out as I expected, but, meh, you get the idea.

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Ikaruga is a great game is you like side-scrolling shooters. I've been playing it on-and-off since the Dreamcast. Never seem to get any better at it though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

If you are buying a 2ds XL then note that Amazon Germany and Italy have the selects for about 20 euro. Eg animal crossing , Luigi mansion 2 , Mario 3d land , a link between worlds. I see these else where at inflated prices.

All should be multi language but double Google check before you buy

Had a look there, not many of them will ship to Ireland or PM. Been looking for a sane price for A Link Between World's. Ended up going with an Amazon Warehouse Used-Very Good copy for 17 euro

skerry wrote: »
    Had a look there, not many of them will ship to Ireland or PM. Been looking for a sane price for A Link Between World's. Ended up going with an Amazon Warehouse Used-Very Good copy for 17 euro

A Link Between Worlds.
    Love it. It's got a great sense of fun about it. Self aware humour. So playable.
    Need to get back to it.

Bloody hell - Majora's mask is going at stupid prices now.

A Link Between Worlds.
    Love it. It's got a great sense of fun about it. Self aware humour. So playable.
    Need to get back to it.

Bloody hell - Majora's mask is going at stupid prices now.

I will never understand Nintendo-nomics. Even the Nintendo Selects versions of the games go for more than RRP now. Planning on paying off my mortgage in 10 years time with my 3DS game collection :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

xckjoo wrote: »
    Ikaruga is a great game is you like side-scrolling shooters. I've been playing it on-and-off since the Dreamcast. Never seem to get any better at it though :pac:

Vertically scrolling shooter...

Sorry...

I can't help myself....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,324 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Glad someone said it. :)

though I suppose through the magic of the Switch, you can play it vertically or horizontally, depending on how you hold the Switch. :)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Sorry...

I can't help myself....

But if you turn your Switch sideways. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Sorry...

I can't help myself....

Is sideways not still correct as you're going from one side to another? Now if he'd said horizontally scrolling...

(do I win a nit picking award?)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm playing Shmups a long long time,
    You've got vertically scrolling shooters, like Ikaruga or Dodonpachi.
    You've got horizontally scrolling shooters, like Gradius or Progear.
    You've got run and gun shooters, like Gunstar Heroes or Cuphead.

Side to side isn't really a thing though.

And rotating the Switch just changes your orientation, to the console screen, the game reorientates to make better use of the screen real estate, as long as it has a TATE mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I'm playing Shmups a long long time,
    You've got vertically scrolling shooters, like Ikaruga or Dodonpachi.
    You've got horizontally scrolling shooters, like Gradius or Progear.
    You've got run and gun shooters, like Gunstar Heroes or Cuphead.

And then you have side scrolling shoot-into-the-screen like the weird bits from Alien Storm and Bayou Billy, but we don't talk about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Sorry...

I can't help myself....
    LOL. Maybe that's why I've been so bad at it all these years :D

Rhyme wrote: »
    And then you have side scrolling shoot-into-the-screen like the weird bits from Alien Storm and Bayou Billy, but we don't talk about them.

Ah, Nam 75 would be my favourite one of those, and it's on Switch!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Futuregrind has been discounted until the 29th - UK price is £1.34, IE price is €1.49. Looks pretty fun at that price, anyone tried it?

• Advertisement

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is down to £29.99 on Amazon at the moment. Great JRPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

It's also €36.99 in Argos, but I checked a few stores and there wasn't any stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,913 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is down to £29.99 on Amazon at the moment. Great JRPG.

Does UK leaving EU on 31st make that a problem ordering from Amazon UK?

Signature Edition are having a January Flash Sale. There's some decent games with big savings, like...

BRAWLOUT - STANDARD (SWITCH) €16.00 SAVE €19.00

RUNBOW - STANDARD (SWITCH) €14.00 SAVE €16.00

MOONLIGHTER - STANDARD EDITION (SWITCH) €17.50 SAVE €17.50

https://signatureeditiongames.com/collections/nintendo-switch-games?sort_by=price-ascending

mrcheez wrote: »
    Does UK leaving EU on 31st make that a problem ordering from Amazon UK?

No, Amazon already adjust for Irish VAT. It will be similar to buying from Amazon US where the VAT will be charged on the order and refunded if customs don't levy any charges.

"Does UK leaving EU on 31st make that a problem ordering from Amazon UK?"

I've ordered a Pikachu 2ds xl from Amazon France, from an American seller, which was shipped from Amazon Italy and is now in Manchester !

I'm living on the edge :)

Seriously though, there are no trade agreements yet so anything could happen. Buyer beware ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Doodah7

UK has a transitional agreement with the EU until 31 December 2020. Nothing changes until then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

€29.71 for €35 eShop credit using code 29NINE (5% off)
    https://www.eneba.com/nintendo-nintendo-eshop-card-35-eur-key-europe

Suckit wrote: »
    €29.71 for €35 eShop credit using code 29NINE (5% off)
    https://www.eneba.com/nintendo-nintendo-eshop-card-35-eur-key-europe

Not bad at all. Never used Eneba, any experience of them?

Not bad at all. Never used Eneba, any experience of them?

No,not yet, I am still on the train on my way home. I read the offer on another forum and they seemed to be well known, a few that asked were told they are a 'gray market' like G2A and CDKeys.
    People saying the key is emailed immediately, should receive within the minute.
    They also take paypal which is handy if any issues may arise.

Suckit wrote: »
    No,not yet, I am still on the train on my way home. I read the offer on another forum and they seemed to be well known, a few that asked were told they are a 'gray market' like G2A and CDKeys.
    People saying the key is emailed immediately, should receive within the minute.
    They also take paypal which is handy if any issues may arise.

Seems to be more like G2A than CDKeys. CDkeys source their own keys Eneba seem to allow 3rd parties to also sell keys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Seems to be more like G2A than CDKeys. CDkeys source their own keys Eneba seem to allow 3rd parties to also sell keys.

G2A are scum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mr E wrote: »
    Sydney Hunter and the Curse of the Mayan is half price (just under a fiver I think).
    Great game, NES style with a Shovel Knight vibe (lots of hidden areas and collectables) and it's a good challenge.

Guys, this is the best €4.47 you will spend on the eshop at the moment. Really enjoying it. Difficulty ramps up nicely and I've discovered it has metroidvania components too. I've played about 5 hours and I think I'm about a quarter to a third of the way through, so it's a good length too...

I really really recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,778 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

No, Amazon already adjust for Irish VAT. It will be similar to buying from Amazon US where the VAT will be charged on the order and refunded if customs don't levy any charges.

In the case of the UK not being part of the EU and not having a trade deal you will pay the price + the UK VAT + Irish VAT + Import duties where applicable as you currently do with every other non EU country

"Does UK leaving EU on 31st make that a problem ordering from Amazon UK?"

I've ordered a Pikachu 2ds xl from Amazon France, from an American seller, which was shipped from Amazon Italy and is now in Manchester !

I'm living on the edge :)

Seriously though, there are no trade agreements yet so anything could happen. Buyer beware ?

For this particular purchase you should be ok because of the transition period... In the future Amazon and their delivery companies will have to take into account any customs arrangements the UK will have with the EU and may have to avoid transitioning their deliveries through the UK

In the case of the UK not being part of the EU and not having a trade deal you will pay the price + the UK VAT + Irish VAT + Import duties where applicable as you currently do with every other non EU country

That is dependant upon the retailer. Amazon removes the local tax and applies Irish tax on all their sites, except Canada(local tax is still removed but Irish vat is not applied leaving you to pay it plus the €10 An Post clearance charge).

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Might be of interest to some people here

GameStop is clearing a lot of used 3DS games on there site at 50% off

Might be a bargain for someone there as I picked up two games myself for 20

That is dependant upon the retailer. Amazon removes the local tax and applies Irish tax on all their sites, except Canada(local tax is still removed but Irish vat is not applied leaving you to pay it plus the €10 An Post clearance charge).

Wait we'll have customs to pay now ordering from Amazon UK?

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Wait we'll have customs to pay now ordering from Amazon UK?

You'll have duty on purchases over €150, other than that nothing should be affected wrt Amazon UK purchases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,913 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

You'll have duty on purchases over €150

After Jan 31 or Dec 31?

Might be of interest to some people here

GameStop is clearing a lot of used 3DS games on there site at 50% off

Might be a bargain for someone there as I picked up two games myself for 20

Thank you!

No sign of Majora's Mask :) Ordered a few games. Not exactly a bargain, but at least half off the retail price new. Hopefully they are in decent condition.

How do returns work in Gamestop for used games, e.g. if they are in crap condition ?

mrcheez wrote: »
    After Jan 31 or Dec 31?

Shouldn't apply until after the transition period at the end of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Mr E wrote: »
    Guys, this is the best €4.47 you will spend on the eshop at the moment. Really enjoying it. Difficulty ramps up nicely and I've discovered it has metroidvania components too. I've played about 5 hours and I think I'm about a quarter to a third of the way through, so it's a good length too...

I really really recommend it.

That game reminds me of a Robin Hood game I had on the Atari ST back in the very early 90's. Looks great.

Argos have a few more 3DS games discounted.

Mario Party 9.99

Captain Toad 9.99

Super Smash 16.99

Probably a few more there but those seem to be highlights

Amazon have price matched Argos on Smash 3DS for anyone who doesn't have stock or an Argos nearby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,573 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Cuphead is 25% off for the next few days ... ( 14.99 euro )

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/cuphead

Cuphead is 25% off for the next few days ... ( 14.99 euro )

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/cuphead

I wish Cuphead had an easy mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭fixXxer

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I wish Cuphead had an easy mode.

git gud :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

fixXxer wrote: »

Git a Hori D-pad controller. Joycons are a fcking nightmare for games like Cuphead.

• Advertisement

fixXxer wrote: »

Yeah I'll remember to tell that to a child with learning difficulties and limited hand use.

Advertisement