Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I wish Cuphead had an easy mode.

If it had a Yoshi style "Mellow Mode" it would have been nice, but I suppose it's the point of the game, no more than Dark Souls or Super Meat Boy have more accessible modes.
    But it is a pity that more people who buy the game won't enjoy much of the incredible art and music beyond the first level or two, especially children, and ham-fisted adults like me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Yeah I'll remember to tell that to a child with learning difficulties and limited hand use.

Clearly a light hearted comment chief, no need to jump off the deep end there. The point of cup head is to be hard as nails after all. I wasn't a huge fan of the joy cons but I've grown to love the one in each hand method of use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,913 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Probably would play well on the Switch Lite d-pad?

I'll get it later when it's around €5 or similar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Enhanced Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch - Pokémon Sword version and Pokémon Shield version reduced to €35 in Smyths. Limited stock around the country.

Meant to be a good cheaper alternative to the Pro Controller. Lacks NFC, HD Rumble, and a rechargeable battery (uses AAs instead).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

A few games for Switch for €11.99 or 2 for €19 in Argos.
    https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Browse?pp=20&s=Price%3A+Low+-+High&storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&c_1=1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo%2Bgames%7C14419738&c_2=2%7C14419738%7CNintendo%2BSwitch%7C50000328&c_3=3%7Ccat_50000328%7CNintendo%2BSwitch%2Bgames%7C50000331&authToken=361952130%252C10xi302Cz4L%252Ftr7JozZFhHQ7%252Fco%253D

Tiny Troopers: Joint Ops XL Nintendo Switch Game 555/0311
    James Pond: Codename Robocod Nintendo Switch Game 893/6073
    Fruit Fall Crush Nintendo Switch Game 884/1728
    Max: Curse of the Brotherhood Nintendo Switch Game 554/9164
    Stern Pinball Arcade Nintendo Switch Game 888/0277
    Rally Racers Nintendo Switch Game 893/7522
    Table Top Racing World Tour Nitro Edn Nintendo Switch Game 328/5121
    Constructor Plus Nintendo Switch Game 407/1482
    Super Putty Squad Nintendo Switch Game 917/4449

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aokay

mrcheez wrote: »
    Probably would play well on the Switch Lite d-pad?

I'll get it later when it's around €5 or similar

As far as I know Cuphead hasn't dropped below €15 ever since it came out on the Xbox One.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Aokay wrote: »
    As far as I know Cuphead hasn't dropped below €15 ever since it came out on the Xbox One.
    It's always on sale on Xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

It's always on sale on Xbox.

Still hasn't dropped below €15 though. I think it has only dropped lower than that on Steam.

Still hasn't dropped below €15 though. I think it has only dropped lower than that on Steam.

I got it for a tenner last year. Deals with Gold.

Aokay wrote: »

well like I mean, after I shifted a load off my backlog, it'll probably be a while before I get it and it will likely drop to that price sometime in between.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Would like to get Cuphead as a physical release. Come on Microsoft!

nintendoo wrote: »
    Would like to get Cuphead as a physical release. Come on Microsoft!

There is one planned. Afaik it is due for release when the dlc finally drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Suckit wrote: »
    A few games for Switch for €11.99 or 2 for €19 in Argos.
    https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Browse?pp=20&s=Price%3A+Low+-+High&storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&c_1=1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo%2Bgames%7C14419738&c_2=2%7C14419738%7CNintendo%2BSwitch%7C50000328&c_3=3%7Ccat_50000328%7CNintendo%2BSwitch%2Bgames%7C50000331&authToken=361952130%252C10xi302Cz4L%252Ftr7JozZFhHQ7%252Fco%253D

Tiny Troopers: Joint Ops XL Nintendo Switch Game 555/0311
    James Pond: Codename Robocod Nintendo Switch Game 893/6073
    Fruit Fall Crush Nintendo Switch Game 884/1728
    Max: Curse of the Brotherhood Nintendo Switch Game 554/9164
    Stern Pinball Arcade Nintendo Switch Game 888/0277
    Rally Racers Nintendo Switch Game 893/7522
    Table Top Racing World Tour Nitro Edn Nintendo Switch Game 328/5121
    Constructor Plus Nintendo Switch Game 407/1482
    Super Putty Squad Nintendo Switch Game 917/4449

A quick heads on this one for people these games are all download codes in a box no switch cart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

A quick heads on this one for people these games are all download codes in a box no switch cart
    Disappointing, would have been tempted by James Pond, purely for nostalgia, remember playing the original on the Amiga, will wait till it's on a deal on the eShop.

Yeah that is a bit disappointing. I was looking at a few of them and hoping to reserve 2 tomorrow. Also can't find any store that stocks Assassin's creed III.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was having a look around Dekudeals to see if anything jumped out at me, and there are some good deals there (US store)

Civilisation VI - $19.93
    Banner Saga Trilogy - $19.99
    Starlink Starter Pack - $5.99
    Death Squared - $1.49
    Agent A: A puzzle in disguise - $2.99
    All the steamworld games are discounted too.

Edit: Checked IE store - only Steamworld games are on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Starlink is a great game. Well worth it at that price.

Just a heads up to people the GameStop 50% off 3ds games bought two games one boxed and the other with a printed label ....

Never said that when I bought the game ...

Not the 1st time this happened buying online from them before bought a new game had marks on the disc and finger prints haha.

Just a heads up to people the GameStop 50% off 3ds games bought two games one boxed and the other with a printed label ....

Never said that when I bought the game ...

Not the 1st time this happened buying online from them before bought a new game had marks on the disc and finger prints haha.

Yep - same happened to me - got 4 games:
    2 arrived with original inserts.
    2 arrived with gamestop inserts.
    Cheeky! And they were not exactly bargains either.
    Might ask for refund or replacement or just print out the covers myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,324 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Reminds me of this great birthday offer they sent me
    Print this coupon and bring it along with your Level 2 GameStop+ card to your local GameStop store and get 20% off the cheapest game when you buy 2 games. Can not be combined with other promotions or offer. One use only. Not transferable. No cash alternative
    Available on Pre-Owned items only

• Advertisement

nintendoo wrote: »
    Yep - same happened to me - got 4 games:
    2 arrived with original inserts.
    2 arrived with gamestop inserts.
    Cheeky! And they were not exactly bargains either.
    Might ask for refund or replacement or just print out the covers myself.

I opened a Claim myself on PayPal saying the games where not what they where post to be ex not the proper boxes and not the proper labels added a photo and it’s up to GameStop to come back on this now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Been through that before, they ignored emails for weeks until I logged a claim with Paypal. Next day I got an email asking to cancel the claim so they can help resolve the issue.

I said no. Sent back the defective item and Paypal refunded me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

I, too, received two games from Gamestop this week; one unopened, the other opened. I was a bit peed off about it as they were described as new on the website but was not too bothered about getting in touch with them as it only cost €10. However, seeing that others also had trouble with their orders spurred me on and I've just sent off a message to Gamestop support to see what they have to say about it. I'm not expecting much (if anything) anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

In contrast to my last post, Gamestop has an offer of 4 used games for €20. The games are mostly PS3 and X360 but there are some 3DS and Wii U (remember that one?) games too. I was tempted to buy BotW (Wii U version) even though I already have my own copy. In the end, I got Super Mario Maker for 3DS, Hey! Pikmin, Mario Sports Superstars and Detective Pikachu (this is the one I was mostly interested in). Anyways, it's a fiver a-piece but I'll wait til I receive them to cast my final judgement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭baldshin

tbahh wrote: »
    In contrast to my last post, Gamestop has an offer of 4 used games for €20. The games are mostly PS3 and X360 but there are some 3DS and Wii U (remember that one?) games too. I was tempted to buy BotW (Wii U version) even though I already have my own copy. In the end, I got Super Mario Maker for 3DS, Hey! Pikmin, Mario Sports Superstars and Detective Pikachu (this is the one I was mostly interested in). Anyways, it's a fiver a-piece but I'll wait til I receive them to cast my final judgement.

BOTW and Detective Pikachu sold out now unfortunately, but still picked up 12 games to bulk out the collection! Hopefully they come with their sleeves but if not, I'll just print up new ones. Some proper bargains to be had in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

baldshin wrote: »
    BOTW and Detective Pikachu sold out now unfortunately, but still picked up 12 games to bulk out the collection! Hopefully they come with their sleeves but if not, I'll just print up new ones. Some proper bargains to be had in there.

Ordered BOTW last night but not dispatched today and no explanation. Hopefully be a second delivery

Had a look at what's left 3ds wise. Have the ones I want, and not interested in the others. So, I'll leave it. There are some good items there like Smash, Mario Maker, Mario 3d land, Animal crossing, Wario ware gold, monster hunter ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,324 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Do UK game codes work here? I see can get some cheaper on shopto like Smash Fighter Pass 2
    https://www.shopto.net/en/ndo10004443-super-smash-bros-ultimate-fighters-pass-vol-2-p191576/
    for £19.85

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Do UK game codes work here? I see can get some cheaper on shopto like Smash Fighter Pass 2
    https://www.shopto.net/en/ndo10004443-super-smash-bros-ultimate-fighters-pass-vol-2-p191576/
    for £19.85

Nintendo game codes are Europe wide afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Wow thanks, fantastic deal.
    Hope they actually ship now.

Just picked up

Mario 3D Land
    Super Mario Maker
    Super Smash Bros
    Pokémon Sun

tbahh wrote: »

Had to search a bit but here's the link

https://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?promotion=4142

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Smyths are selling the labo Vr kit (kit 04) for €15. Is that a good deal?

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Smyths are selling the labo Vr kit (kit 04) for €15. Is that a good deal?
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-gaming/nintendo-labo/nintendo-labo-vr-kit/c/nintendo-labo-vr-kit

It seems to be sets from within the set. Is it?
    and look to be Out of stock anywhere I have checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I'm looking at about 10 of them in the clearance bin in Smyths Tallaght here..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It seems shops want to clear the 3DS & Labo stock.

I haven't picked up any 3DS games as I just can't see myself going back to play stuff like Miitopia, Monster Hunter or even stuff I like such as Warioware. I have 50+ DS games that I never go back to play other than 7 or 8 of them. ,

• Advertisement

3ds: got a few stragglers ... Got new super mario 2 recently since I always enjoy these games. I know it's not the best. But still.
    Also kid Icarus ... mainly cause it gets great reviews ... we shall see. Tomadachi life for the kids. Mario and Luigi superstar saga as it's supposed to be the best game in the series, so I want to give this series one more try.
    ( These were 10 - 20 quid, not the 5 euro offers )

I think if you like JRPGs / grindy games..
    there is a lot on 3ds. I don't so ... I think my 3ds "collection" is done.

... Unless I see a cheap majoras mask or Samus returns :)

After seeing AVGN's take on Majora's Mask, I'm gonna give that one a miss

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

mrcheez wrote: »
    After seeing AVGN's take on Majora's Mask, I'm gonna give that one a miss

Aw man dont skip it especially if its on sale. You will be missing out on a unique and special zelda game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Aw man dont skip it especially if its on sale. You will be missing out on a unique and special zelda game

Especially since the 3DS remake went on to fix a lot of the criticism thrown at the original n64 release. I was always put off by the time-management element but played the 3DS release last Summer and fell in love with the deal. Never really played anything quite like it.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Especially since the 3DS remake went on to fix a lot of the criticism thrown at the original n64 release. I was always put off by the time-management element but played the 3DS release last Summer and fell in love with the deal. Never really played anything quite like it.

Played on a pc emulator before.
    Gave up after a while. Was just too intense.
    So, you can save more often or ???

It's 40 stg new on amazon.co.uk.left.the.eu at the moment. Which is not a bargain. So off topic.

• Advertisement

Picked up

Kid iccress, new super mario bro’s 2 , Pokemon sun and pikman 3ds for 20 euros

Now will I get all three games who knows, will they have proper boxes who knows

Why don't people just crack their 3DS? I bought one off Adverts years ago and it's the best thing ever.

Anyone know the best place to pick up Mario Sonic 2020? I just can't stomach paying full price for something like that. Only interested in the Rugby mode.

Why don't people just crack their 3DS? I bought one off Adverts years ago and it's the best thing ever.

Anyone know the best place to pick up Mario Sonic 2020? I just can't stomach paying full price for something like that. Only interested in the Rugby mode.

I had a cracked 3ds before well one you needed a magic cart for and being honest I don’t value games if I do it that way and also I love haveing a large collection of games to look at,

Also the fact must of these games are only 5 euro now that’s less then a gin and tonic ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭baldshin

Got a few phone calls from stores about my orders yesterday for games with no boxes, to see if I still wanted them. Took them anyway as I'm happy to print my own sleeves.

Then this wouldn't be the bargain alert thread ... It'd be the "how to steal stuff" thread or "I like advertisements in games" thread or "how to ensure the industry moves to a streaming model" thread or "don't let you kids do game design or programming cause someone will steal their work and they won't get paid" thread. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Piracy is bad, mmmmkay? Let's not continue that discussion. Moving back to bargains, please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

baldshin wrote: »
    Got a few phone calls from stores about my orders yesterday for games with no boxes, to see if I still wanted them. Took them anyway as I'm happy to print my own sleeves.

Me too.

One call from Kerry and one from Dublin.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Me too.

One call from Kerry and one from Dublin.

Didn’t get any calls myself however 2 out of 4 games have been shipped,

By the way it's available with its DLC for a few cent more:
    https://www.dekudeals.com/items/guacamelee-2-complete

• Advertisement
Advertisement