Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Decent list here of what is on sale

https://justpaste.it/478ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Ubi sale. Assasins Creed 3 for under €15. Also Mario and Rabbids and Stick of Truth for similar money.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Search/Search-299117.html?f=147394-4554-2488-11772

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Ubi sale. Assasins Creed 3 for under €15. Also Mario and Rabbids and Stick of Truth for similar money.

I LITERALLY saw a reddit post about the art of Valiant Hearts at lunchtime today, checked the price and it was €20. Down to 6 beans now hours later. That is a creepy coincidence. Thank you!

First ten mins of Assassins creed 3 and it plays really well. Impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭Ryath

First ten mins of Assassins creed 3 and it plays really well. Impressed.

Nearly bought it in argos the other day but the reviews that it ran very poorly put me of. Apparently it's been patched? Only other experience of Assassins Creed is Black Flag on the Wii U. Worth a punt for €15?

Ryath wrote: »
    Nearly bought it in argos the other day but the reviews that it ran very poorly put me of. Apparently it's been patched? Only other experience of Assassins Creed is Black Flag on the Wii U. Worth a punt for €15?

For €15 you get a pretty impressive looking and well put together game. Not sure if the story will hold up. But so far i'm impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Did anyone buy those 2DS xl from Amazon.de?

was there any bother getting them shipped?

Debating on whether getting one for my collection not to sure what games there are on it.

Bday is coming up soon and wouldn't mind it. Have a switch already though.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Debating on whether getting one for my collection not to sure what games there are on it.

Amazon de for me is hit and mess, last item I ordered there was Notting in the Box from amazon opened a claim they refused to refund me, had to get a charge back on my account

Bought a phone from them it was faulty returned it and took weeks I mean weeks to get the money back from them.

You can still buy from the uk amazon with no issues I would say buy from the uk.

But 3ds games are a quite a lot different then say the switch, 3ds is a handheld console and the games are for say a handheld console. The screen isn’t the best on it as well.

However there is so many good games in the system and as the console is end of life bargains can be had, I got 6 3ds 1st party games for 40 euros from GameStop over the past few weeks, your talking about your Marino’s your Pokemon’s your star fox 64 and so on.

It’s a great console however it’s not like the switch it’s more lib the vain of a gameboy

The switch to me is more like the Ps vita and what the vita could have been, old ports, great 1st party support and great selection of indie games. Also the fact Nintendo didn’t give up on the thing after 2 years ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Played a couple of hours of Valiant Hearts last night, it's a gorgeous game. Side scrolling puzzle platformer with realistic physics (no jumping over or off things), not particularly hard and doesn't punish mistakes. Story is lovely. DEFINITELY worth €6.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Got a Pikachu 2ds xl from Amazon France. Was a US seller and shipped from Amazon Italy. It was fulfilled by Amazon. That's the important bit. It means returns are easy if there is an issue. Got it in a few days. No problems at all. Brand new. In a Pikachu box. What's not to like :) Also - you'll need an EU device as 3ds and games are region locked. I think I've only ever returned a couple of things to Amazon, so really I can't comment on what might happen If I did need to make a return.

If you like JRPGs (I don't) and can get games cheap then it's well worth getting. Or if you are a Nintendo fan. For me it's an indulgence to play a few Zelda and Mario games on (got tired of timesharing the kids 2DS xl) :) And we also have a Switch. Think it's a great little machine and the games we have (at least) work and run really well on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ryath wrote: »

I have to say I went from ACIII to BF on the WiiU and in terms of the story and entertainment value I would not want to go the other way. ACIII makes a much bigger deal of the nonsense present-day sci fi messiah bull**** (which, if it's your first game in the series, is both unengaging and completely nonsensical), and puts a lot of artificial barriers in your way when you're trying to explore so you don't leave the "story" area. It's a fun game when it works but they're both fun games and Black Flag is by far the better in my opinion. If you're more of a Bear Wrestler than a Ship-to-Ship/Ship-to-Shore combat or Whale-hunter type, by all means give III a spin though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭baldshin

All my games from the Gamestop 4 for E20 deal have arrived, I'd say about a third had no sleeves but it's ok, got some great bargains!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

On the Gamestop deal, I ordered Kirby rainbow curse, Hyrule Warriors, Pokken Tournament and Batman Arkham for wii u, and only batman came with their sleeve, so pretty pleased with that for a fiver each.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

On the Gamestop deal, I ordered Kirby rainbow curse, Hyrule Warriors, Pokken Tournament and Batman Arkham for wii u, and only batman came with their sleeve, so pretty pleased with that for a fiver each.

Wait even disc games aren't coming in real cases? WTF who is trading in just discs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,913 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Wait even disc games aren't coming in real cases? WTF who is trading in just discs.

I think they are in cases, but the paper sleeve is a printed white sheet with lettering rather than the official.

I'm assuming scangers just robbed the originals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pre-owned stuff can be poorly stored and damaged.
    They might also be part of a system trade in and not worth taking home.
    At least this way they go to a good home, instead of the skip

Yep, or people just don't look after their stuff or the kids or the dog destroys them. Got Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze from CEX used and the sleeve is in bits. Was seriously thinking of returning it and getting it again new in that Amazon de offer recently. It's a terrible first world problem :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I was at the recyle centre today in Swords (I think it's Swords, it is beside the sea/inlet).
    And in one of the skips for random stuff that didn't have it's own section, there was a load of nintendo game boxes that possibly had the cartridges/discs in them. There was DS games and I think Gamecube games. I was tempted to jump the fence to check them as I guess they may have been worth money. I didn't have the balls to.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Only 2 of my 4 games showed up so far,

One just says Pokemon on the white sleeve,

Not impressed at all I know it was only 5 euros I would reather they tell me that it has no sleeve then crossing my fingers it might come with one.

But as I said in a few posts back GameStop are the worst for buying online from, you just don’t know what your going to get ha

Suckit wrote: »
    I was at the recyle centre today in Swords (I think it's Swords, it is beside the sea/inlet).
    And in one of the skips for random stuff that didn't have it's own section, there was a load of nintendo game boxes that possibly had the cartridges/discs in them. There was DS games and I think Gamecube games. I was tempted to jump the fence to check them as I guess they may have been worth money. I didn't have the balls to.

That kills me. I’d love all that stuff and others just dump it. Prob mums cleaning attics.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Suckit wrote: »

I once had friends who owned Gamesworld, as it was in the day, and then they stayed with the company after it transitioned into Gamestop.
    So, I used to call in to say hello every now and then, when I was asked did I want to have a look through a pile of stuff before going into a skip.
    It was all assorted Xbox stuff, nothing with a cover though, just CD slip cases.
    It was quite a haul, tbh, must have gone home with twenty games for free.

Sad ... I had a SNES + some games ; a Megadrive + some games and a N64 + some games and I can't remember whatever happened to them.

In my defence ... they were "just" PAL versions.

... cries ...

You know, someone is going to "report" these posts for not being about bargains, any second now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You know, someone is going to "report" these posts for not being about bargains, any second now....

Before they do, I have to say I don't know where all my N64 stuff is. I thought it was up in the attic, like others here, but when it was cleared out, it wasn't there. So much stuff, the console with its expansion pak, the controllers, the rumble pak, and all the games. Good God, so many quality games. Super Mario 64, OOT, Majora's Mask, Perfect Dark, Resident Evil 2, and many more besides. I lost Rogue Squadron when I lent it to my younger brother's friend. Well, actually the little $h1t lost it. I still have some of the cardboard boxes of the games in pristine condition, but no games. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aokay

Received all my used 3DS games (Smash Bros 3DS, Mario Maker, Mario 3D Land, WarioWare) from that GameStop promotion in staggered deliveries. Pleasantly surprised to have sleeves for all of them. Only really wanted Wario Ware so the rest I'll probably sell to CEX essentially getting the game for free.
    Wasn't sure about CEX's policy about sleeves missing but I don't need to worry about that now!

sligeach wrote: »
    Before they do, I have to say I don't know where all my N64 stuff is. I thought it was up in the attic, like others here, but when it was cleared out, it wasn't there. So much stuff, the console with its expansion pak, the controllers, the rumble pak, and all the games. Good God, so many quality games. Super Mario 64, OOT, Majora's Mask, Perfect Dark, Resident Evil 2, and many more besides. I lost Rogue Squadron when I lent it to my younger brother's friend. Well, actually the little $h1t lost it. I still have some of the cardboard boxes of the games in pristine condition, but no games. :(

In fairness, the N64 is the one console of all my collection that has benefited from moving to NTSC, the games often have poor frame rates as the developers over-stretched the hardware, Nintendo included.
    The PAL games show this up terribly but, move to NTSC, and everything gets better.
    Less letterboxing, smoother faster frame rates.
    Waverace 64 is the best example of a turgid mess on PAL and just a whole new game on NTSC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Is that Gamestop offer over. I clicked the banner on the home page last night and something like 350 games showed up. Put 4 in the basket but no discount was applied. Only had a quick look though so might have missed something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭Ryath

skerry wrote: »
    Is that Gamestop offer over. I clicked the banner on the home page last night and something like 350 games showed up. Put 4 in the basket but no discount was applied. Only had a quick look though so might have missed something

Still working for me. Try this link You have to ad them on this page not individually to cart. Unfortunately no way to filter them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭xckjoo

In fairness, the N64 is the one console of all my collection that has benefited from moving to NTSC, the games often have poor frame rates as the developers over-stretched the hardware, Nintendo included.
    The PAL games show this up terribly but, move to NTSC, and everything gets better.
    Less letterboxing, smoother faster frame rates.
    Waverace 64 is the best example of a turgid mess on PAL and just a whole new game on NTSC

I always wondered why Waverace got such good reviews on the N64 but I found it a disjointed mess to play! I thought my eyes just didn't work right :D

• Advertisement

And there we have it folks.

If you or anyone you know has been affected by crappy PAL framerates on N64 games, please create a more appropriate thread, as this one is for bargains. (Yes, I know I started it!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Mr mmmm mod meanys are posting crazy talk instead of bargains please pwetty pwease kill em all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭jj880

went looking for Mario + Rabbids and got the Gold edition on offer for 25 euro. Includes:

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
    Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Season Pass Bundle which includes:
    >> Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle – Donkey Kong Adventure
    >> Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle – Pixel Pack
    >> Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle – Ultra Challenge Pack

Got it for my son who's 10 but the difficulty ramps up pretty quick so Im playin it with him now after the first world. A really great strategy game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Damn I just bought the fire emblem dlc last night really hope that doesn't get a reduction now :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Damn I just bought the fire emblem dlc last night really hope that doesn't get a reduction now :p

Any good? Almost done with my Golden Deer play through.

I've been in the sauna and feeding the cats and dogs all morning both funny additions

I've been in the sauna and feeding the cats and dogs all morning both funny additions

The bargain alerts thread is meandering. :)
    Where are the bargains ?
    Are you listening Nintendo ?! Where are the bargains !?
    :)

• Advertisement

nintendoo wrote: »
    The bargain alerts thread is meandering. :)
    Where are the bargains ?
    Are you listening Nintendo ?! Where are the bargains !?
    :)

I am looking for any excuse to buy DQ on the Switch, a deep discount and I'll pull the trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Assassins creed III is down to €15 on eshop, worth a spend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I wonder would astral chain get much of a discount...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I am looking for any excuse to buy DQ on the Switch, a deep discount and I'll pull the trigger

Same. I'll be pulling the trigger as soon as I can get DQ XI sub €35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mundo7976 wrote: »

If you've not played it, I'd say go for Black Flag instead, it's a much better game than III.

Mundo7976 wrote: »

Played the opening just to check quality and was happily surprised. No thoughts on the actual game/story etc. just yet. But it does play well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Same. I'll be pulling the trigger as soon as I can get DQ XI sub €35

I don't know if it will go that low. It went to around 40 or so a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

South Park The Fractured But Whole is €14.99 on the eShop. I enjoyed the Stick of Truth so this was the price to get me to put the trigger on the sequel.

The gold edition bundle might be worth a look as the dlc is meant to be fun think it's €25. Casa Bonita looks very good

You can get an 8bitdo sn30 pro+ for about 40 euro (34 stg) delivered from Amazon UK at the mo. Supposed to be the best d pad around and maybe best controller for the switch. For all the sweet 2d platformers and metroid yokies out there.

Anybody got one and care to comment. Kinda tempted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,913 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

South Park The Fractured But Whole is €14.99 on the eShop. I enjoyed the Stick of Truth so this was the price to get me to put the trigger on the sequel.

It's great. Surprisingly huge game too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement