Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That's nice for you :) Not much use to the rest of us though trying to guess where you got it :pac:

Yeah no need to be a twat you could of just told me I forgot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SMC92Ian wrote: »

I was clearly joking and there is absolutely no need for name calling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Come on, guys... this is a friendly forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Still didn't tell us where though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos Overcooked 1&2 for €22.99 might not be suitable for me as diabetty thinks I'm overfed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Anyone know if Nintendo Switch is region locked at all? Heading to France in a few days and I see they've some deals on consoles. Will there be any issues connecting to the e-shop in Ireland or using cartridges from here?
    Auchan, Carrefour and Intermaché had crazy prices on stuff when I was there, and I wasn't expecting it. I got feck all, but if I had known I would've brought an extra bag :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭tbahh

Not a huge saving but one nonetheless: €35 eshop card for €31.99

www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/games-3ds/nintendo-eshop-card-30-eu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Pmsl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Any sign of Hellblade getting a discount? I've been waiting ages.

Any sign of Hellblade getting a discount? I've been waiting ages.

Last discount was in October (€20.99).

Set up a wishlist on Dekudeals and put your wish list on there. Check it regularly and see if any of your wished games are on sale.

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/hellblade-senuas-sacrifice

You can also change region at the top (flag icon) and see if it's on sale on other eshops or in regular shops (if it has a boxed version)
    For example, it was $14.99 in November in the US eshop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Celeste on sale under 7 dollars U.S. eshop

This ends today.
    In the Nintendo eShop you can currently get Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle for €14.79 or for €11.57 in the Russia.
    The Donkey Kong Adventure DLC is for €7.49.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Suckit wrote: »
    This ends today.
    In the Nintendo eShop you can currently get Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle for €14.79 or for €11.57 in the Russia.
    The Donkey Kong Adventure DLC is for €7.49.

I've never played it but am considering getting it, is it worth getting the gold edition?

$19.99 on us store.

I've never played it but am considering getting it, is it worth getting the gold edition?

$19.99 on us store.
    I'm in the same boat. I was looking for the physical copy and found the collectors edition, which doesn't seem to have the DLC.

I am not sure if the two above are the same equivelant as the gold, but by all accounts from what I have read here, yes the gold edition is well worth it, especially at that price.. So today is do or die time :pac:
    Either risk waiting for a gold physical copy to appear on sale (I have given up on that I think) or buy either option above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭jj880

$19.99 on us store.

I got this a few weeks ago - just finished the main game and doing donkey kong dlc now - gold edition is worth the money i think - a lot of replay value for chests and extra challenges also - haven't even looked at the co-op challenges yet

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hatch8harry

I'm in the same boat. I was looking for the physical copy and found the collectors edition, which doesn't seem to have the DLC.

I am not sure if the two above are the same equivelant as the gold, but by all accounts from what I have read here, yes the gold edition is well worth it, especially at that price.. So today is do or die time :pac:
    Either risk waiting for a gold physical copy to appear on sale (I have given up on that I think) or buy either option above.

Just so you are aware, the cartridge in the physical copy of the gold edition is the same as the standard edition. The donkey Kong DLC is added as a download code.

Is the Donkey Kong DLC the only extra in the gold? Or are there others?

Is the Donkey Kong DLC the only extra in the gold? Or are there others?
    Includes all the DLC

manual_man wrote: »
    Includes all the DLC
    The Gold?

What are all the DLC?
    Donkey Kong is obviously one. Are there others?

The Gold?

What are all the DLC?
    Donkey Kong is obviously one. Are there others?
    DK is the main one and is supposed to be very substantial. If you go into the eshop and search 'mario rabbids DLC' you can probably find the individual DLC's with description.

• Advertisement

The 3 pieces of listed DLC are:

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle ®: Donkey Kong Adventure
    Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - Ultra Challenge Pack
    Mario + Rabbids® Kingdom Battle : Pixel Pack

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Mario-Rabbids-Kingdom-Battle-1233954.html#dlcItems

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sugarman wrote: »
    Doom 1 + 2 €1.50 each on eShop

Doom 3 €3.

Definitely worth picking up all 3 at that price.

Especially with the packs available to use in Doom now.

Doom 64 on the way as well, can't wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Doom 64 on the way as well, can't wait

4.40 on shop now, release 20/3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭jj880

sugarman wrote: »
    Doom 1 + 2 €1.50 each on eShop

Doom 3 €3.

Definitely worth picking up all 3 at that price.

Just got these - cant find any multiplayer online - are they all local multiplayer only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

jj880 wrote: »
    Just got these - cant find any multiplayer online - are they all local multiplayer only?

Local only, all the current versions are the same. The 360 was the last one with netplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,913 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Especially with the packs available to use in Doom now.t

What packs?

mrcheez wrote: »
    What packs?

Doom 1 can get Plutonia Experiment, TNT Evilution and Sigil. Doom 2 currently has Plutonia Experiment, TNT Evilution and another wad that I can't remember atm.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Grassey wrote: »
    4.40 on shop now, release 20/3

What!
    Where's me Switch!

Edit: for some reason I thought it was actually out now on the Switch....
    Bugger....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭baldshin

Wolfenstein 2: The New Collosus is down to just a smidge over €19 delivered from Amazon France at the moment.

https://www.amazon.fr/Nintendo-Wolfenstein/dp/B07D9X6PZG/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=wolfenstein+switch&qid=1582699044&sprefix=wolf&sr=8-1

• Advertisement

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U) for €27.99 reduced from €36.99

(if you can find stock that is!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Plus E32 shipping?

Worked out at 30 (25 plus 5 shipping) for cheapest option I think.

Metro Redux for 40 seems decent too

Overcooked duo gone up in Argos unfortunately seems to be their drop the out of stock stuff but rile the in stock up the gills.

One bargain is the elite switch case now down to €3.99 picked one up a few months back roomy enough for both my switch and switch lite to fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Doom 3 .... Quality and value thanks folks

Hey all,

I was having a browse on Google and came across Yoshi's Crafted World for 21.68e. It's download only and you need a US account to activate the code. I've already bought it myself and it's downloading as I speak (type). :D

Here's the link for those interested:
    https://www.g2a.com/en-gb/yoshis-crafted-world-nintendo-key-nintendo-switch-united-states-i10000186293001

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Doodah7

As mentioned Doom 1 and 2 are reduced to €1.50 each and Doom 3 is €3.00; all for Switch. It would be frankly rude and insulting if you didn't buy them for this price!!! Doom 64 is apparently coming in March also.

• Advertisement

Don't forget to register a bethesda account and download 3 extra addons each for Doom 1 and Doom 2. Crazy value for both.

tbahh wrote: »
    Hey all,

I was having a browse on Google and came across Yoshi's Crafted World for 21.68e. It's download only and you need a US account to activate the code. I've already bought it myself and it's downloading as I speak (type). :D

Here's the link for those interested:
    https://www.g2a.com/en-gb/yoshis-crafted-world-nintendo-key-nintendo-switch-united-states-i10000186293001

Do they just email the code? How long does it take?

Do they just email the code? How long does it take?

It's G2A, avoid like the plague.

It's G2A, avoid like the plague.

Really? How come?

Doodah7 wrote: »
    As mentioned Doom 1 and 2 are reduced to €1.50 each and Doom 3 is €3.00; all for Switch. It would be frankly rude and insulting if you didn't buy them for this price!!! Doom 64 is apparently coming in March also.

Probably the 5th platform I'll have played these on (including an awesome VR version of Doom 3 which was pant-sh1tting stuff!), but to have Doom playable wherever you go is a must!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Really? How come?

They're a marketplace, not a seller, and are massively used for selling games bought on stolen credit card details etc., so are incredibly dodgy. You can also buy a code that has already been used, and have no recourse on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Any good deals around on the switch lite? Checked amazon and looks like you can get one for €190. Is that the cheapest around ?

230 with Minecrafin Smyth's or 200 for switch lite in currys is cheapest price in store

Star Lord wrote: »
    They're a marketplace, not a seller, and are massively used for selling games bought on stolen credit card details etc., so are incredibly dodgy. You can also buy a code that has already been used, and have no recourse on it.

Ah ok, I didn't know that about it. For me, it worked anyway but I understand those might feel sceptical about buying something on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

What's CDKeys like reputation wise? I see they have Animal Crossing codes for €47 there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

What's CDKeys like reputation wise? I see they have Animal Crossing codes for €47 there.

I've bought from CD Keys in the past and haven't had any issues, they seem to have a decent reputation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I've bought from CD Keys in the past and haven't had any issues, they seem to have a decent reputation

I can second that.

I think there is a difference between the type of store G2A and CDKeys are. I bought from G2A at christmas, only got my refund just over a week ago :(

When I posted G2A here, somebody mentioned why CDKeys are legit/better.

I’ve used pc game supply now a number of times for U.S. eshop credit and it’s always been good

I think there is a different between the type of store G2A and CDKeys are. I bought from G2A at christmas, only got my refund just over a week ago :(

When I posted G2A here, somebody mentioned why CDKeys are legit/better.

CDKeys source their own keys, G2A is a marketplace where anyone can sell keys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement