Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo games/consoles even more bargain alerts thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Do Not Use G2A, stolen keys and con men. CDKeys and PCGS have never f'd me over after 6+ years using them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Mr E wrote: »
    Don't forget to register a bethesda account and download 3 extra addons each for Doom 1 and Doom 2. Crazy value for both.

I couldn't find any reference on d'nets about having to register an account to get the addons. Where did you see that mentioned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

How is Mega Man 11 ? Played the demo and it seemed ok. Down to 15 quid in the eshop.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Doodah7 wrote: »
    As mentioned Doom 1 and 2 are reduced to €1.50 each and Doom 3 is €3.00; all for Switch. It would be frankly rude and insulting if you didn't buy them for this price!!! Doom 64 is apparently coming in March also.

all 3 for cheaper than a pint in many pubs in town. Fantastic value. Now all i need to do is register that account. Own them already on mac, pc, ps and xbox, nothing wrong with owning them on yet another platform!

Gonzo wrote: »
    all 3 for cheaper than a pint in many pubs in town. Fantastic value. Now all i need to do is register that account. Own them already on mac, pc, ps and xbox, nothing wrong with owning them on yet another platform!

I couldn't find any mention that the account registration was required. They made it optional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,540 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You don't need a Bethesda account to play the game, but you do need one to download the add-ons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Official Faceoff Deluxe+ Audio Wired Controller are €14.95 each on amazon Spain for the Red version
    https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07RQVNPMK

It is €20.75 for one delivered, €36.50 for two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Picked up metro redux for €50 from argos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

G2A is basically an ebay where random people sell games. There is lots of issues with stolen or fraudulent keys. In some cases small developers have been driven to bankrupcy paying the fines from charge backs.

CDKeys just buy the key in a grey market where it is cheaper and resell it. Considering Nintendo puts no barriers in your way to buy from the same stores there is not need to take the risk and you can buy direct.

• Advertisement

Picked up metro redux for €50 from argos

Please let me know how it plays. I'm having a mixed time with FPSs on Switch with the small sticks for aiming.

I got Trine 1,2,3 and 4 for €15 in Smyths.
    Trine 4 is on cartridge and 1-3 are on a single download code.

Digitally, Trine 1,2 and 3 are on sale for about €15 combined and Trine 4 is €35.
    The ultimate edition (all 4) is €49.99 digitally.

So €15 in Smyths for all 4 is a great deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Please let me know how it plays. I'm having a mixed time with FPSs on Switch with the small sticks for aiming.

I picked up the hori split pad and it's made a huge difference to fps enjoyment on Switch! Doom on the go is class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

I got Trine 1,2,3 and 4 for €15 in Smyths.
    Trine 4 is on cartridge and 1-3 are on a single download code.

Digitally, Trine 1,2 and 3 are on sale for about €15 combined and Trine 4 is €35.
    The ultimate edition (all 4) is €49.99 digitally.

So €15 in Smyths for all 4 is a great deal.

Not on their website, which branch please?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I saw quite a few of them in Smyth's in Swords the other day.

Childers Road in Limerick for me.

• Advertisement

Metro 2033 runs white well on switch lite am only 20 minutes in so I'm gonna give it a proper go and I'll post on the what are you playing thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

sweetie wrote: »
    Not on their website, which branch please?

Seen it in naas as well about 2 weeks ago too.

most switch fps have motion controls. (sometimes only when aiming)

it's the only way to aim on them imo as it allows for much better precision.

mostly you have to turn them on as they are off by default.

have you used them? set the sensitivity higher if the movement is not fast enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just an FYI that the Nintendo eshop sale finishes tomorrow for anyone still thinking about taking advantage of it.

Aaahhhh pressure :)

• Advertisement

eShop sales are like Harvey Norman sales these days. There will be a new one next week. :o

But that one thing you want won't be in it

I think I'm go for Ys VIII and might buy Skyrim and trade my.cart in as I'm not playing it now but will in near future

Bought Doom

Fair few games in a basket in Currys, €10 each, mostly third party, got Doom, Wolfenstien and a few others.

Sid Meier's Civilization VI is on amazon.com for $14.99 + shipping. It is €18.77 total delivered to Ireland.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HH8ZSMM/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Fair few games in a basket in Currys, €10 each, mostly third party, got Doom, Wolfenstien and a few others.

Nice, physical bargains in bricks and mortar shop! I guess it's about time since the Switch is 3 years old !

I had a look in Carlow, nothing there.

Nothing in Galway either, must just be random one off branches cutting down anything that isn't Nintendo.

Tell us which Currys you tease!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Suckit wrote: »
    Sid Meier's Civilization VI is on amazon.com for $14.99 + shipping. It is €18.77 total delivered to Ireland.

What a bargain ! After this for ages and I prefer physical copies so Jumped on this. Thanks a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Satturnfalls

Nice! But not in stock till the 11th march

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Tell us which Currys you tease!

He forgot....again

He forgot....again

Oi! No need to be a twat

;)

He forgot....again

No I didn't it's nationwide.

No I didn't it's nationwide.
    I had a look in Carlow, nothing there.
    Nothing in Galway either, must just be random one off branches cutting down anything that isn't Nintendo.

It mustn't be. Any chance of letting us know which one you saw them in, in case we are near it?

It mustn't be. Any chance of letting us know which one you saw them in, in case we are near it?

I'm guessing it's Naas?

mrcheez wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's Naas?

The shopping centre in the city across from Pennys, Ilac? Jervis, always mix them up.

No Switch games in Jervis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

May have been mentioned but Bulletstorm is 15$ on the US eShop. Played it on the 360 a few years back and replaying it now as Duke Nukem. It’s funny and fun, and performs really well in handheld.

• Advertisement

Please make it stop my wallet is empty and my SD card is full :pac:

Bullet storm is good fun. Heavy influence from Gears of War but in an FPS. I think cliffy B had some input. Played it recently on PC. Defo will get it on Switch.

The shopping centre in the city across from Pennys, Ilac? Jervis, always mix them up.

Passed through Currys in Jervis today and the only Switch games they had were in the backroom (not in the basket) and all were full price alas.

When I saw the guy come out with Luigi's Mansion I was like :eek:

until he said the price was about €55 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Cracking deal, can't wait to get stuck into this for one more turn.....

Passed through Currys in Jervis today and the only Switch games they had were in the backroom (not in the basket) and all were full price alas.

When I saw the guy come out with Luigi's Mansion I was like :eek:

until he said the price was about €55 :pac:

I said they were third party so no Nintendo games as I would of bought loads then :P

I said they were third party so no Nintendo games as I would of bought loads then :P

Would "have" ;)

But yeah NADA in the basket unfortunately :(

Would "have" ;)

But yeah NADA in the basket unfortunately :(

Would of.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mod Instruction: Keep this thread and forum respectful or you risk being warned and/or banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aokay

Captain Toad on 3DS €10 in Argos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭jj880

Was just looking at that

30 euro delivered in ireland from .ie site

https://www.mymemory.ie/sandisk-256gb-ultra-uhs-i-micro-sd-card-sdxc-a1-100mb-s.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement